Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dorsey or Long?

Provided you dont trade out of the pick, who do you as Rams fans want more? Who would fit better in your opinion? To me, Chris Long would fit better since Adam Carriker(who is 315 pounds) is better fit at DT. What are your thoughts?

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
Provided you dont trade out of the pick, who do you as Rams fans want more? Who would fit better in your opinion? To me, Chris Long would fit better since Adam Carriker(who is 315 pounds) is better fit at DT. What are your thoughts?
I am definitely on board with Chris Long. The vibe I am getting from boards and friends that are Rams fans is that most people want Chris Long, they wouldn't be mad about Dorsey and would understand the logic behind the pick, and a smaller portion wants Gholston.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That about sums it up. I want Chris Long, but would be okay with Dorsey or Gholston.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Long needs to be the pick. He reminds me too much of Grant Winstrom and thats what we been missing.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Chris Long needs to be the pick. He reminds me too much of Grant Winstrom and thats what we been missing.
Actually I see him more as a more versatile Patrick Kerney. But if you guys do take Dorsey, who is higher rated than Long, would you still keep Carriker at DT and just have an outstanding pair of DTs the way the Jaguars used to have? If Dorsey really is gonna be the next Warren Sapp, I think if I were you guys, I might rather have him.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You either fill your biggest need (Long) or get the best defensive player in the draft (Dorsey). Personally, I'd prefer Long because 1.) He doesn't have the injury concerns and with the amount of money the 2nd pick commands, I'm not will to take that risk. 2.) He fills a need 3.) We have not had much luck taking DTs in the draft.

Either way, I won't be disappointed, but I prefer Long like most Rams fans.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Chris Long.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it really depends on what the Rams are going to do with Carriker. Was there any talk about switching him back?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either one I don't care.

Drafting Dorsey would give the Rams two nasty DTs, with Carriker and Dorsey you really can't block those guys 1on1 so it would free up guys on the End like Little and Hall and/or draft pick. And having two stud DTs would allow the Linebackers to roam free, how many times have we seen the opposing offensive lineman get to that 2nd level on a running play and lock up the linebackers and the runningback breaks a 20-30 yard run.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
I think it really depends on what the Rams are going to do with Carriker. Was there any talk about switching him back?
Well, many people have wondered about that, and I will try to clear that up for everyone. Carriker is not moving back to DE as his primary position, he will continue to be classified as a DT regardless of what happens. He somewhere between 308-315 lbs according to recent reports. If Dorsey is the pick he could see action at DE in obvious run situations, other than that he will be DT.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posted this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here...

If it's Dorsey, so be it. He's not my first choice, but he's still a top five talent in this class and I would have to assume he wouldn't be the choice if the Rams weren't genuinely satisfied with his health. Hopefully if we draft him he really does become the next Warren Sapp, but at this point I'm not yet convinced. I can only hope he changes my mind on that. But I've been talking about our need for a defensive end for two years now, so I hope that if the Rams do take Dorsey and pass up on the draft's best two DE prospects, they have a better plan for addressing the defensive end position than "Hey, maybe Carriker can shift out there."
Old 04-24-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Posted this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here...

If it's Dorsey, so be it. He's not my first choice, but he's still a top five talent in this class and I would have to assume he wouldn't be the choice if the Rams weren't genuinely satisfied with his health. Hopefully if we draft him he really does become the next Warren Sapp, but at this point I'm not yet convinced. I can only hope he changes my mind on that. But I've been talking about our need for a defensive end for two years now, so I hope that if the Rams do take Dorsey and pass up on the draft's best two DE prospects, they have a better plan for addressing the defensive end position than "Hey, maybe Carriker can shift out there."
I pretty much feel the same way. For a long time I was convinced that all this Dorsey talk is just talk, but in the past few days I'm starting to think they actually might take him. If Dorsey is the pick I think they have to go DE in the 2nd. Getting Dorsey and hitting on a DE in the 2nd round could set up our D-line for a very long. They could then take an OT in the 3rd and a quality WR in the 4th like Will Franklin (I'm sure you non-Missouri fans are probably getting tired of me and holt_bruce talking about him, but he would be a steal in the 4th)

Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my personal opinion on the matter, The Rams are stupid if they don't draft Chris Long, i would like it if we traded with ATL and got the #3 pick as well as a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but if the falcons don't want to trade up then i still say we draft Chris Long, If we draft Dorsey I will be upset but I hope he becomes the player that he hyped up to be. The Rams should draft Chris Long

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they take Dorsey in First I think they need to still take a DE in the 2nd. If they take Chris Long then they can go elsewhere in the 2nd.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why would we need another DE? wouldn't carriker just move back over to end if we got Dorsey?

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtfan92 View Post
Why would we need another DE? wouldn't carriker just move back over to end if we got Dorsey?
For the Billionth time.....

If the Rams draft Dorsey, Carriker would play NT and Dorsey would play UT.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Just what I was going to say. I don't want to jump all over you, because many people seem to think Carriker would just move back to end. That would always be an available option, but it's far from ideal, as Carriker is better suited for DT. Unless absolutely no better options are available at DE, Carriker is staying at DT unless its obvious running situations. If Carriker does end up being the best option at DE, I think it's a result of poor player personell decisions, not a desire to have Carriker at DE.

Last edited by nfrillman : 04-25-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
If they take Dorsey in First I think they need to still take a DE in the 2nd. If they take Chris Long then they can go elsewhere in the 2nd.
That is my thinking. It's just one more thing I don't really like about taking Dorsey. It moves every other need down one round in the draft, because they have to take a DE in the 2nd IMO. Here's the comparisons.

1. Dorsey
2. DE
3. BPA at WR/OT
4. BPA at WR/OT (position not taken in 3rd)

1. Long
2. BPA at WR/OT
3. BPA at WR/OT/maybe DB or LB (position not taken in 2nd)
4. BPA or WR if none have been taken

Old 04-25-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing is for sure, if you guys take Dorsey, falcons are going to be pissed.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Ok, my bad, but I'd rather take long then..

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
BTRams66

In all honesty the Rams would have loved any of Long, Dorsey or Gholston. In fact the Rams had the most influential pick in Rd 1 because whoever they took hd a huge factor on what the next 4 teams would do.

I personally would have taken Gholston but If I was in Billy Devaney's shoes Chris Long was the best pick.