Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 04-27-2008, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Sidney
Rookie

Sidney hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Rank Day 1

Which teams do you think had he best draft overall ?

1. CAR - Otah and Stewart solve two of their biggest needs t RB and along the OL. RB and OT are also impact spots for first year players so I'd think these picks both make them better long and short term.

2. NO - Ellis and Porter are both solid picks and fill huge and obvious needs on this team. DT and CB tend to no be as big of a short term fill.

I think there's a huge gap between these 2 and the rest of the division

3. ATL - Ryan, Baker Lofton. If Ryan is a QB of the future guy then this is a very good draft and if Baker can be that second tier type LOT that Matt Light has been with NE then this looks better. I'm not thrilled with either guy but they picked people at high value positions.

4. TB - Didn't do much to get better this year and assumed a ton of risk with both players because neither is really NFL ready and might never be.
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. New Orleans: Sedrick Ellis is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the division so Atlanta, Tampa and Carolina better get their interior offensive lines working early.

2. Atlanta Falcons: Jump start the organisation with a franchise QB. Not a fan of the trade up for Baker, but if he can start at LT it might just be worth it. Lofton is alright, but I would have gone with Connor.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Boom/Bust type draft. Both players fit the schemes but will they succeed?

4. Carolina Panthers: I really don't like their trade for Otah. Sending multiple draft picks including a first next year for a guy who many scouts believe can't even play LT in the NFL, which is what the Panthers need. Johnathan Stewart is a good player, but I think with Williams in the picture they could have used a 2nd or 3rd instead.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
dbtb135
Rookie

dbtb135 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
Which teams do you think had he best draft overall ?

1. CAR - Otah and Stewart solve two of their biggest needs t RB and along the OL. RB and OT are also impact spots for first year players so I'd think these picks both make them better long and short term.

2. NO - Ellis and Porter are both solid picks and fill huge and obvious needs on this team. DT and CB tend to no be as big of a short term fill.

I think there's a huge gap between these 2 and the rest of the division

3. ATL - Ryan, Baker Lofton. If Ryan is a QB of the future guy then this is a very good draft and if Baker can be that second tier type LOT that Matt Light has been with NE then this looks better. I'm not thrilled with either guy but they picked people at high value positions.

4. TB - Didn't do much to get better this year and assumed a ton of risk with both players because neither is really NFL ready and might never be.
I agree with the rankings, but not with the assessment on Talib. I'm no fan of the guy, but he's somewhat close to NFL ready and Raheem Morris and Monte Kiffin will go a long way to speeding up that process. I don't see him as too much of a risk either (well, no more than a lot of picks in the 20s). Jackson, on the other hand, I think was the same as throwing our draft card out the window.
dbtb135 is offline   Reply With Quote