Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-27-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, good call...what's up with that tight end though?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK, the Cottam pick isn't horrible considering Gailey likes to run 2-TE sets, but I would have liked to go someplace else

Oh, and I love the Charles pick

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott said this Morgan guy could be the best safety coming out...not too shabby either. I'm surprised we haven't addressed WR yet though.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

We really went with two boom or bust guys in tround 3 with Cottam and Morgan. There is a chance these guys could be stars or could be horrible. All said though we are bringing some serious talent into training camp this year.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I thought you guys had a great day 1 and were set to really take off today but lackluster picks by yall to say the least.

A backup RB in round 3, even with LJ and Smith on the roster?

A backup TE in round 3?

I like the Morgan pick but did you really need another safety that high?

I mean not that the players are bad but damn, your GM went for backups and lesser needs instead of hitting on the OL, WR and even another CB that would really help you guys out.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it's a two-back league and Charles will come in and spell LJ, who really showed the effects of overuse last year...He's a perfect complement and is everything that LJ is not. He could end up stealing LJ's job

Cottam...Ehh it's an ok pick...Gailey likes 2-TE sets and Cottam has solid tools and could take over for Tony G in a couple of years.

I love the Morgan pick...Page and pollard were disapointing last year, and one of them is going to lose their job...Plus Morgan is a much better fit for the Cover 2.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol

I like the last few picks. I was hoping for OL when Morgan was picked, but he could probably take over a spot from Page or Pollard. I like the TE pick. He's big, quick, and can learn behind the best TE in nfl history for a year or two.

Jamaal Charles compliments LJ so well it's stupid. He was a great pick.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I thought you guys had a great day 1 and were set to really take off today but lackluster picks by yall to say the least.

A backup TE in round 3?

I mean not that the players are bad but damn, your GM went for backups and lesser needs instead of hitting on the OL, WR and even another CB that would really help you guys out.

Morgan will be a dime back if he doesn't start at safety. He is versitle and replaces what Benny Sapp used to do for us. Cottam is replacing Jason Dunn which is a big piece on our offense. Charles didn't really fit a need but he was awfully talented to be there at the top of round 3. There is some sense to this. I imagine Peterson has a guard in that later rounds that he likes and you can't argue with his history of drafting interior lineman.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

A backup TE in round 3?

I'm kind of dissappointed with our 3rd round also. I like the Charles pick because Charles is a stud and a great compliment to LJ. If LJ doesn't step his game up he could be out of KC in a couple years. The TE wasn't a bad pick because we lost Dunn and Wilson, but I would of rather had Doucet or Zuttah. I don't like the Morgan pick. I like his potential, but I would've rather had a WR(Manningam) or Zuttah. Herm said he wanted 6 starters out of this draft, but he used our 3 3rd's on backups.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
lol

I like the last few picks. I was hoping for OL when Morgan was picked, but he could probably take over a spot from Page or Pollard. I like the TE pick. He's big, quick, and can learn behind the best TE in nfl history for a year or two.

Jamaal Charles compliments LJ so well it's stupid. He was a great pick.
Page has no business being replaced, and although Pollard had some struggle I still think he could be a very good safety. I would rather see Morgan play some corner and rotate at safety, and maybe have him line up across from Flowers in a few years.

I just don't get passing on a guy who could come in and start for us like Zuttah 3 times.

Last edited by Ho0k Em' : 04-27-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Ho0k Em' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Pollard and Page were trash last year...Morgan will start

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Pollard and Page were trash last year...Morgan will start
Page wasn't trash last year, and Pollard got beat deep alot but that was his main knock. There is a chance that Morgan could come in and start over Pollard, but Morgan has started one year on the college level, and fell to the 3rd round for a reason. If he shows in training camp that he can come in and start over Pollard or Page than i'm all for it, but right now I have no reason to believe that's going to happen.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zuttah was a reach where he was selected and you have to look at the board. Carl Nicks, Anthony Collins still available. So is Shuening. But let's look at the picks.

Jamaal Charles: Such insane value. Solid pick. He is the PERFECT compliment to LJ. He's not a "starter" but he will see carries spelling LJ.

Brad Cottom: I was meh on this, but he's a physical freak. Ran well, he's very tall, and he has a chance to learn the TE game from arguably the best in the history of the NFL. He could develop into a very good TE.

Dajuan Morgan: Page or Pollard, one of them will be a special teamer and lose their starting spot this year. Our Safety play was not very good. I like Page and Pollard, but Morgan will start at one of the positions for us this next year.

All the picks were very solid football players who will contribute right away, and that's all we could ask for.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Wesley is gone and we are extremely thin at Safety which is such an important postion for us. Morgan is extremely talented and really doesn fill a need for us. I am hoping to get an OG and WR soon though.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Zuttah was a reach where he was selected and you have to look at the board. Carl Nicks, Anthony Collins still available. So is Shuening. But let's look at the picks.

Jamaal Charles: Such insane value. Solid pick. He is the PERFECT compliment to LJ. He's not a "starter" but he will see carries spelling LJ.

Brad Cottom: I was meh on this, but he's a physical freak. Ran well, he's very tall, and he has a chance to learn the TE game from arguably the best in the history of the NFL. He could develop into a very good TE.

Dajuan Morgan: Page or Pollard, one of them will be a special teamer and lose their starting spot this year. Our Safety play was not very good. I like Page and Pollard, but Morgan will start at one of the positions for us this next year.

All the picks were very solid football players who will contribute right away, and that's all we could ask for.
How would Zuttah have been a reach he was regarded by many as the 3rd best pure OG in the draft. I like the Charles pick, but I would've much rather had Zuttah the Cottom. I think we could've gotten a blocking TE in the 4th. I've warmed up to the Morgan pick, and actually kind of like it now. I think we will regret not taking Zuttah though.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
How would Zuttah have been a reach he was regarded by many as the 3rd best pure OG in the draft. I like the Charles pick, but I would've much rather had Zuttah the Cottom. I think we could've gotten a blocking TE in the 4th. I've warmed up to the Morgan pick, and actually kind of like it now. I think we will regret not taking Zuttah though.

I thought maybe we had Cousins on the radar but he is gone to. I really am hoping for Branch in round 4 to complete our secondary.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I thought maybe we had Cousins on the radar but he is gone to. I really am hoping for Branch in round 4 to complete our secondary.
Who???(10)
Old 04-27-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Nevermind. Damn Raiders.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

LOVE the franklin pick.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

We stuck with the hometown boy in Will Franklin. Not a bad pick though I'm suprised with Anthony Collins on the board we didn't go there. Franklin defenitly adds some speed to our reciever group.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Now we need a QB. I want Andre Woodson

Last edited by bspen4 : 04-27-2008 at 12:29 PM.
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Love you guys getting Franklin. I think you guys and my Dolphins are battling for tops in the draft right now. Have to say tho, with all your problems at OL, surprised you have only drafted a guard that will convert to LT and didn't go to the OL well with one of your 849234802 other picks. Luckily guys are dropping so maybe you'll still get a good one.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspen4 View Post
No we need a QB. I want Andre Woodson
I want Woodson really bad too. I want us to get Woodson, Ainge or Johnson, but Johnson is probably the only one thats going to be there in the 5th.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm hoping we take an offensive lineman in the 5th. A lot of the top ones (3rd round projections) are falling and still on the board as I type this. We'll see.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
I'm hoping we take an offensive lineman in the 5th. A lot of the top ones (3rd round projections) are falling and still on the board as I type this. We'll see.

Yep. The patience may pay off. There are some real good centers still on the board which I think might be our next direction. Of course Carl Nicks is still there which even given all of his concers would be a huge coup in round 5.