Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-30-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would never call the pick a waste because that late it's worth the risk on a guy with his production. I am notoriously a Brennan "hater" as you'd say but I don't deny the tools he possesses. I think this actually is one of the systems in the NFL in which he actually could find his own, but still no matter what system you are in you will still need to make those outside the hash throws and he doesn't have the arm strength to do so. And he is still small in stature. Damn Jon Gruden and his love fest with QB's for taking the perfect QB project for our system Josh Johnson.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

If Zorn likes the pick, I like it too.

He's one of the better, if not best, QB developer in the league and Brennan already has most of the important intangibles.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dig hearts the brennan pick.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I would never call the pick a waste because that late it's worth the risk on a guy with his production. I am notoriously a Brennan "hater" as you'd say but I don't deny the tools he possesses. I think this actually is one of the systems in the NFL in which he actually could find his own, but still no matter what system you are in you will still need to make those outside the hash throws and he doesn't have the arm strength to do so. And he is still small in stature. Damn Jon Gruden and his love fest with QB's for taking the perfect QB project for our system Josh Johnson.
I'm just going to assume you've never seen Hawaii's offense in action, cause that's just completely false.

Last I checked 6'3 218 was not small for a QB.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
If Zorn likes the pick, I like it too.

He's one of the better, if not best, QB developer in the league and Brennan already has most of the important intangibles.
I love the fact that this was Zorn's pick. He and Brennan are in similar situations where they are underdog picks... Zorn for his new job in Washington and Brennan as a late rounder. They are 2 peas in a pod. I know for a fact that Brennan is hungry for this and I know Zorn will do his best job to cultivate that desire. I like how things have worked out for Brennan.

Colt Brennan will be a fan favorite by the time preseason is over.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default My assessment of the Skins draft

Redskins 2008 Draft Assessment & Alternate Picks
I'll give my assessment of the Redskins 2008 picks and who I would have chosen instead. Generally I gave the Redskins a C+ because I felt they didn't do enough to address the O and D lines. The Skins philosophy is clearly BPA which clashes with my needs based approach. Apparently Casserly, on NFLN, claims most teams use a BPA approach and drafts fail if teams deviate from that to reach for a need pick.

This is, of course, a preliminary assessment. Let's see how things pan out in 3 years.

R2#34 Devin Thomas WR Michigan State
Love the pick and tremendous value in the 2nd round.

R2#48 Fred Davis TE USC
This is going to be controversial but I consider this a luxury pick. Davis is probably the best TE in the draft but since we have Cooley this is overkill. I feel there are other WCO type TE's that can be drafted to fit Zorn's system later in the draft.
Alternate pick: Jason Jones DE Eastern Michigan
Similar measurables to Merling but he comes from a small school so he is more of a project. Played DT his senior season so he has some flexibility (drafted by the Titans @ #54)

R2#51 Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
A big talented WR with questionable attitude and knees. I have warmed up a little more to the pick because it's clear Zorn needs this type of WR for his offence. I'm 50/50 whether to stay with this pick or not.
Alternate pick: Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt
A shorter version of Kelly (drafted by Chicago @ #70)

R3#96
Chad Reinhart OT/OG Nothern Iowa
One of the draft's real sleeper picks fills a need. I like this pick.

R4#124 Justin Tryon CB ASU
Depth at CB was a need and he fits our system so I'm fine with this pick.

R6#168 Durant Brooks P GTech
At first I was Po'ed at this pick but I quickly remembered Frost's inconsistency. Brooks was the highest rated punter in the draft so I'm fine with this pick too.

R6#180 Kareem Moore S Nicholls State
Since the Skins have only 3 safeties on the roster this was a need pick. Short but seems like a good in the box safety. However Josh Barrett was there and it seems odd they passed him over for Moore
Alternate Pick: Josh Barrett S ASU

R6#186 Colt Brennan QB Hawaii
I'm not a fan of QBs in gimmicky offenses and weak conferences. Honestly if the Skins wanted a developmental QB take Paul Smith in the 7th. His performance in the Bowl Game against Georgia convinced me he has no place in the NFL.
Alternate pick: Tom Santi TE Virgina
Picked by the Colts later in the 6th, he has similar size to Davis and would be a decent enough target to team with Cooley in the WCO.

R7#242 Rob Jackson DE Kansas State
Well at least it was a Dlineman. If the Skins drafted Jones as I suggested earlier this pick is unnecessary.
Alternate pick: Erin Henderson OLB Maryland
I do not understand why he wasn't drafted in at least the mid rounds. The Skins need depth at OLB because, like CB, incumbents are questionable due to injury.

R7#249 Chris Horton S UCLA
Another safety? I realize depth is a little thin there but you can get S in UDFA's too.
Alternate pick: Paul Smith QB Tulsa
I realize the need for a developmental QB. Paul Smith put up similar #'s to Brennan in a 2nd rate conference too, so I don't see the big difference between the two.

I welcome any comments and any assessments or alternate picks of your own.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
R6#186 Colt Brennan QB Hawaii
I'm not a fan of QBs in gimmicky offenses and weak conferences. Honestly if the Skins wanted a developmental QB take Paul Smith in the 7th. His performance in the Bowl Game against Georgia convinced me he has no place in the NFL.
Alternate pick: Tom Santi TE Virgina
Picked by the Colts later in the 6th, he has similar size to Davis and would be a decent enough target to team with Cooley in the WCO.
Do you think Colt would've had a better performance than he did if he was the one dressed in a Georgia uniform facing Hawaii?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Do you think Colt would've had a better performance than he did if he was the one dressed in a Georgia uniform facing Hawaii?
D-unit, I know you are a CB fan and you make a valid point in your post. My main problem with that pick is that the Skins could have addressed other needs with that pick and gotten Smith or possibly Brennan in the 7th. I realize we are talking about late round picks here so their roster impact will be minor.

You support CB and say the Skins got a good pick. I hope you are right.