Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-08-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tavares Gooden

Hey Baltimore gang.

I'm about to start an IDP Dynasty Fantasy Football rookie draft and am thinking about targeting him with my 2nd round pick.

I was wondering what the local scoop is on this kid.

How did he hold up in the rookie camps?

How long will he be in a back-up role? (He's playing ILB, right? How much longer will Bart Scott be around?)

What do you guys think of him?

Any other info/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

He was probably my favorite pick of our draft. He was the top Miami player last year and the sky is really the limit for him.

As far as playing time this year, you probably won't see him make a big defensive impact right away, but I do think we will see him be a key contributor on special teams. I also think we'll see him spell Ray Lewis and Bart Scott from time to time in our 3-4 sets, and if Rex Ryan throws out some 4-3 sets, I think you'll see him sometimes on the weakside with Bart on the strongside and Ray inside.

After his rookie year, it depends on what we decide to do with Bart Scott. His contract is up after this year, and I think he will be resigned, but if he has another average season like 2007, and Tavares impresses, Bart could be gone. Then I feel we'd most likely see Gooden and Prescott Burgess battle it out for the inside spot opposite Ray Lewis (who I can't imagine not being back).

So I like how he fits, at the very least he will be a valuable special team/depth guy for us, but I just feel he has too much ability to not make a big time impact at some point.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was kind of hoping we keep Scott around to throw in as our starting MLB when Ray-Ray's gone....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I for one think Gooden was drafted to replace Bart Scott after this season. I think our future LB lineup is Barnes/Burgess/Gooden/Suggs.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That's without a doubt a beastley linebacker core if they can all reach their potential.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I for one think Gooden was drafted to replace Bart Scott after this season. I think our future LB lineup is Barnes/Burgess/Gooden/Suggs.

Fully agree with him taking over for Scott as it is his last year and he is a product of our defense and Gooden is a very similar player. Im not sure Burgess will ever step into the starting line up and id rather us look at one of the many good ILBs next year, but we can wait on that spot for the next 2 or 3 yrs

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoobie View Post
Fully agree with him taking over for Scott as it is his last year and he is a product of our defense and Gooden is a very similar player. Im not sure Burgess will ever step into the starting line up and id rather us look at one of the many good ILBs next year, but we can wait on that spot for the next 2 or 3 yrs
I'd really like to see us go back to a 4-3 and have Barnes at DE, and then Burgess/Gooden/somebody else be our 3 LBs.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-11-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barnes is pretty quick for a Backer...If he could learn the line he would make a mean DE...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Are you guys planning on bringing back Suggs? Everyone is assuming he is going to be gone already...And I really liked what I saw from Barnes, very explosive and knows how to get after the QB, I expect him to produce in that scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Barnes is pretty quick for a Backer...If he could learn the line he would make a mean DE...
Barnes was a defensive end at Florida International, but at 240 he's just too small to play there, and as long as we run a hybrid 3-4, he won't get any looks at the position.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Are you guys planning on bringing back Suggs? Everyone is assuming he is going to be gone already...And I really liked what I saw from Barnes, very explosive and knows how to get after the QB, I expect him to produce in that scheme.
I don't want Suggs back, I was hoping we would trade him on draft weekend.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-11-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that Antwan Barnes put on some weight. Not 100% sure but its mighta happened. If so, I could see him playing full time DE.