Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: ?
Chevis Jackson 11 64.71%
Harry Douglas 1 5.88%
Thomas DeCoud 3 17.65%
Robert James 1 5.88%
Kroy Biermann 1 5.88%
Thomas Brown 0 0%
Wilrey Fontenot 0 0%
Keith Zingler 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which day 2 pick will have the biggest impact in rookie year?

I say Chevis Jackson because i think he'll play a lot more then the rest.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chevis Jackson is the only one on the list that figures to get significant playing time, so I would say it is him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a few weeks into the season Chevis Jackson will get the opportunity to start opposite Chris Houston. The others wont get the opportunity to play much unless on special teams. I think Thomas DeCoud will have the biggest impact in his career but will not replace coleman or milloy yet.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't know how much a player will play. Someone could be cut or there could be injuries so you never know, someone other then Chevis might get a lot of playing time.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-04-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is true. I could see Milloy, Keith Brooking, or Joe Horn getting cut; any of those cuts would open the way for other players. I think Brooking being cut would let Nicholas step in rather than James, though. Joe Horn should stick around, he is a professional and helps the young wide receivers out a lot. I love Milloy and he played great last year. The only way I would release him is if we thought Jimmy Williams could step in.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no way milloy gets cut. hes one of our few leaders. if anyone brooking should be cut because his age is really showing in his game and we have a leader in milloy for our defense. i know it isnt that easy to just label milloy as the leader of the whole defense since hes secondary so we need all our vets especially with dunn and crumpler gone.

obviously it will be jackson just since he was a higher pick and he'll see more time on the field but decoud might make some great plays on ST. while i hope im wrong, i see jackson much like houston last year being overly physical past the 5 yards because they dont wanna get beat. both arent quick cover guys so they need to keep everything in front of them which might be hard against galloway and smith twice a year. our front seven needs to be solid in run defense so that coleman and milloy can help our young corners develop without the immediate shock of having to play man-to-man in the nfl.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Chevis Jackson!!
You guys gonna love me for this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAI4deTq8wA
Check out his feet!!

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-04-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

his hips concern me but yeah his feet are quick and great.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
his hips concern me but yeah his feet are quick and great.
his athleticism and size is great. From what i've seen his hips are fine.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-05-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
his athleticism and size is great. From what i've seen his hips are fine.
By most indications he is stiff and slow. He is quick, and I like his size, intelligence, and ball skills. But he definitely is not a 'great athlete' in comparison to most top NFL cornerbacks.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Chevis. Simply because he is the only one who is projected to start.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What helps Chevis is that we figured to run a lot of zone coverages, which masks some of his problems and maximizes his strengths. I worry about Chris Houston in this kind of defensive scheme though.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
What helps Chevis is that we figured to run a lot of zone coverages, which masks some of his problems and maximizes his strengths. I worry about Chris Houston in this kind of defensive scheme though.
I think Chevis is the best corner on the team, even better then Chris Houston yes.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-11-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

When I saw Airforce play, Chad Hall stood out a lot to me. I was suprised when I found out we got him. I like him, hope he can compete with Thomas Brown for the number three runningback job.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WiWrWRnUsEM

Old 05-11-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
When I saw Airforce play, Chad Hall stood out a lot to me. I was suprised when I found out we got him. I like him, hope he can compete with Thomas Brown for the number three runningback job.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WiWrWRnUsEM
he's a hometown boy. went to high school at wesleyan, right down the street from where i live. i didnt know we signed him. he seems pretty small for the bigs but maybe as a PR/KR he can make the team. i really want brown to make our team so can't agree with you there. on the air force site, he's listed as a WR.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

He played a ton of RB for them in their option attack. Head Coach Mike Smith said we are going to give him a shot at returning punts.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

i doubt he makes the team for anything other then returner. As of now he doesn't have much competition.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-11-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
he's a hometown boy. went to high school at wesleyan, right down the street from where i live. i didnt know we signed him. he seems pretty small for the bigs but maybe as a PR/KR he can make the team. i really want brown to make our team so can't agree with you there. on the air force site, he's listed as a WR.
we signed all these guys...

No. 5 Gerald Landry (WR, Southern)
No. 11 Tony Gonzalez (WR, Boston College)
No. 16 C.J. Hawthorne (WR, Hawaii)
No. 17 A. J. Bryant (WR, Georgia)
No. 20 Chad Hall (RB, Air Force)
No. 40 Eric Brock (S, Auburn)
No. 48 Jamal Lewis (S, Georgia Tech)
No. 79 Eric Butler (DT, Washburn)

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-11-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

if we hold onto chad hall, i want jennings gone. what a waste of roster space.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:50 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Interesting that we went back to Washburn to get another DT. I suppose it worked with Trey, why not try again?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Interesting that we went back to Washburn to get another DT. I suppose it worked with Trey, why not try again?
Eric Butler is pretty good, he could get a spot and one of the signees could be released.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-14-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Thomas Decoud winning the FS or SS spot in camp and Erik Coleman gettign the other one.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
I see Thomas Decoud winning the FS or SS spot in camp and Erik Coleman gettign the other one.
I'd be amazed if Milloy is not starting. The team has to keep some leadership. As it is, we basically have only one >4-yr veteran at each level of the defense: Milloy in the secondary, Brooking in the LBs, Abraham on the DL.

DeCoud may well get some snaps over the course of the season, and may well be the primary backup at both safety spots, but I don't see him starting.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
I'd be amazed if Milloy is not starting. The team has to keep some leadership. As it is, we basically have only one >4-yr veteran at each level of the defense: Milloy in the secondary, Brooking in the LBs, Abraham on the DL.

DeCoud may well get some snaps over the course of the season, and may well be the primary backup at both safety spots, but I don't see him starting.
you never know, milloy could very well be cut. We are a rebuilding team right now.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-15-2008, 04:25 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
you never know, milloy could very well be cut. We are a rebuilding team right now.
Yeah, but you have to rebuild on some kind of leadership foundation. Also, it's not like Milloy has a super high cap number, or there is a particular reason to create cap room.

It would be terrible for morale to cut a guy like Milloy, especially now that we are into OTAs etc.

I would be astonished if we cut Milloy.