Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC Championship Game: Saints vs Bears

Let's get this topic started.

Well this was the matchup that most wanted to see, so hopefully it'll live up to the hype.

The way I saw it this weekend was the Saints and Bears are very close to each other. Both have offenses that can put up points, both have very questionable pass defenses, and both teams didn't show up against the run very well.

And both have game breaking PR's in Bush and Hester. Kicking game for both teams are good as well.

I'm going to take the Bears for obvious reasons but I can't wait for this game. The NFC playoffs have been very good so far so hopefully it lives up to the hype this Sunday. Good luck to both teams (my classy side).....And screw the Saints (my Bears side).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

bears in like a really really close one

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

After seeing Shaun Alexander get some stupid good runs off on that defense, I think the combo of Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister might be too much for them to handle. I give the WR edge to NO, and I honestly think they might be a good match for that secondary. I think the game will come down to how consistent Grossman is. If he plays like he did against the Seahawks, and that line steps it up a little, I see the Bears winning. However, I don't see that happening, giving the V to NO.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
The Fat Kid
Pro Bowler

The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid

i think the saints offense is too good for the bears. i see the saints winning this one 28 17

sig by CalBears99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I HAVE ISSUES!
The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
After seeing Shaun Alexander get some stupid good runs off on that defense, I think the combo of Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister might be too much for them to handle. I give the WR edge to NO, and I honestly think they might be a good match for that secondary. I think the game will come down to how consistent Grossman is. If he plays like he did against the Seahawks, and that line steps it up a little, I see the Bears winning. However, I don't see that happening, giving the V to NO.
With how Westbrook ran over the Saints on Saturday, I think we can do some damage as well. Man it's a close matchup. :shock:

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

The Saints' offense is excellent, the Bears' defense is very good.

The Saints' defense is alright, the Bears' offense is decent.

I'll go with the Saints, although I wouldn't be so sure if the Bears still had Thomas Harris.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the Saints here. I was one of the few who thought Seattle would win this game today, and they were close. I also said before that I thought the winner of Philly/New Orleans would make the Super Bowl so I'm sticking to that.

New Orleans vs. Pats in the Super Bowl.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
The Saints' offense is excellent, the Bears' defense is very good.

The Saints' defense is alright, the Bears' offense is decent.

I'll go with the Saints, although I wouldn't be so sure if the Bears still had Thomas Harris.
Eh, you gotta play with the guys you have. I'd be much more comfortable with the likes of Harris and Brown on defense, but you gotta play with the hand your dealt.

We won games without both of them, so you just gotta play.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
JCshutEmDown
Rookie

JCshutEmDown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Early weather report for Sunday is high of 34, low of 26, no precip.
JCshutEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCshutEmDown
Early weather report for Sunday is high of 34, low of 26, no precip.
Good football weather! :D

Quote:
Old 01-14-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints - something bout Brees you gotta love

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears. Saints don't really impress me at all. If the Saints make the SB, IMO they'll get spanked. They lost to two on playoff AFC teams, and the only AFC team they beat was Cleveland. I question hw tough they are, since they haven't really pounded the ball on a good run D, and can't stop the run well themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pre-playoffs pick was Saints Chargers and im not one to flip flop. But I had the Hawks beating the Bears and I liked the Hawks matchup with the Saints much more than the Bears. If The Bears can slow down the running game and stop the big play I think they'll win. Unfortunately for Chicago, I dont see this happening.

Saints- 23
Bears- 14
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Wow, I thought the voting would be much closer than it is right now.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"the Saints don't get respect"

:roll:

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
"the Saints don't get respect"

:roll:

That is the reason i wanted the hawks to lose today.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the Saints.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Saints....i know that might be a homer pick...

but if i wasn't a saints fan, i'd still probaly pick the Saints.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
BallinJets51

After watching the Saints vs Eagles game, even though they won that game, they are not the Super Bowl Champs, or the Division Champs, and will lose since they are heading up to Chicago. Watch out for KR/PR Hester to take one back for 6.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans Saints @ Chicago Bears
IDK about the Bears. Rex Grossman has been a question mark all year. You don't know what Grossman you are going to get. Then, earlier this year, the Bears defense was tremendous, but now in the last 5 games, it hasn't been great. Saints, on the other hand, have been consistent for the most part. You know which Saints team is showing up. Something I know about the Bears, they are 12-1 against the NFC and that 1 was the worthless week 17 game against the Packers. I picked the Siants at the beginning of the playoffs and I'm not pussing out now.
Prediction:Saints 28, Bears 24
Old 01-14-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IDK about the Bears. Rex Grossman has been a question mark all year. You don't know what Grossman you are going to get. Then, earlier this year, the Bears defense was tremendous, but now in the last 5 games, it hasn't been great. Saints, on the other hand, have been consistent for the most part. You know which Saints team is showing up. Something I know about the Bears, they are 12-1 against the NFC and that 1 was the worthless week 17 game against the Packers. I picked the Siants at the beginning of the playoffs and I'm not pussing out now.
Except against the AFC, the Redskins, and the Panthers. K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'll be close, and in close games I always go with the home team, especially in the playoffs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the Saints are tough enough to play the Bears. I bet you that the Bears are going to be SICK and TIRED of hearing that their defense is becoming porous these past few games and will absolutely stop the Saints running game. However, with that said, I WANT the Saints to win and will be rooting for them to win. The main reason: I don't want to see Rex Grossman in the Superbowl. Sorry Bears fans.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Except against the AFC, the Redskins, and the Panthers. K.
Thats there 6 loses. And they've looked better than the Bears.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
I wonder if the Saints are tough enough to play the Bears. I bet you that the Bears are going to be SICK and TIRED of hearing that their defense is becoming porous these past few games and will absolutely stop the Saints running game. However, with that said, I WANT the Saints to win and will be rooting for them to win. The main reason: I don't want to see Rex Grossman in the Superbowl. Sorry Bears fans.
I do. :D

I think the team that runs the ball and stops the run the best will win this game IMO.

Quote: