Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-10-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As stated by many people on here he has all the potential but isn't a finished product. The completion % isn't a big deal for me, I've watched every one of his passes his career and the WR get no seperation at all from the DB. He also didn't pad his stats agianst weak teams or in OT like several SEC QB's last year. I thought his interceptions would hurt his stock, but with Matt Ryan going so high it might not. He started to grow as a QB last year with stuff like changing playsand leading game winning drives.

Last edited by georgiafan : 05-10-2008 at 10:45 PM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
As stated by many people on here he has all the potential but isn't a finished product. The completion % isn't a big deal for me, I've watched every one of his passes his career and the WR get no seperation at all from the DB. He also didn't pad his stats agianst weak teams or in OT like several SEC QB's last year. I thought his interceptions would hurt his stock, but with Matt Ryan going so high it might not. He started to grow as a QB last year with stuff like changing playsand leading game winning drives.
Ryan got the benefit of the doubt due to lack of receiving talent, and throwing fifty times a game. Not to mention the intangibles.

I need to see some actual productivity from Stafford. Like I said, I just do not see the 'feel for the game' from him.

He could be an outstanding prospect though, if he produces that is.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anthony Morelli and Kyle Wright would have been outstanding prospects if they produced.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

I can see Stafford developing into a franchise QB. He has what you look for, intangibles, leadership, etc. Can make all the throws. He just needs to mature a bit more but he will be a decent if not successful NFL QB.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
I can see Stafford developing into a franchise QB. He has what you look for, intangibles, leadership, etc. Can make all the throws. He just needs to mature a bit more but he will be a decent if not successful NFL QB.
i have faced you once before Hwoarang! This time i will defeat you! TEKKEN!

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

number 1 overall, kthxbye
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I think Painter could definitely go in the first and possibly be the first QB off the board. So much changes from now until April. I'm not so sure if Stafford will be on top.
Wait, what? You've had to have seen him play against Ohio State. What would make you think that? He has accuracy issues and always struggles against the best competition. IMO Brees and Orton were both better, both would've KILLED for Painter's running game, not to mention a Dustin Keller or Selwyn Lymon (who he had for 1 1/2 years).

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He has accuracy issues and always struggles against the best competition.
Are we talking about Stafford or Painter here?
Old 05-12-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
Are we talking about Stafford or Painter here?
Dam8610 was talking about Painter.

But I actually like Painter. Yes, it's true that he hasn't produced on the same level against teams like Ohio State and Michigan. But these teams are way better than Purdue, so I don't completely hold Painter accountable.

If your comparing him to Drew Brees, don't forget that Painter broke Brees' record by passing for almost 4,000 yards. That may be the Big Ten record too.

Also, Painter has that size at 6'4 and 224 pounds, does have some accuracy although it can improve, and has some good arm strength. I think most scouts love his quick release too. Some have compared it to Tony Romo. So Painter obviously has a lot going for him, and with such a "weak" qb draft, Painter is definitely one of the top ones as of now.
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Stafford, but he'll definately need to stay for his senior year, IMO. I have some serious question marks, and it really is true that if his completion percentage stays in the 55% range then he has virtually no chance of playing in the modern NFL.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you like his performance in the Sugar Bowl? Quite honestly, as a Hawaii fan, I hoped Georgia kept passing instead of running because Stafford wasn't a threat.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He obviously needs to refine his tools some, but I like the kid. I think he will go top 3.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post
Dam8610 was talking about Painter.

But I actually like Painter. Yes, it's true that he hasn't produced on the same level against teams like Ohio State and Michigan. But these teams are way better than Purdue, so I don't completely hold Painter accountable.

If your comparing him to Drew Brees, don't forget that Painter broke Brees' record by passing for almost 4,000 yards. That may be the Big Ten record too.

Also, Painter has that size at 6'4 and 224 pounds, does have some accuracy although it can improve, and has some good arm strength. I think most scouts love his quick release too. Some have compared it to Tony Romo. So Painter obviously has a lot going for him, and with such a "weak" qb draft, Painter is definitely one of the top ones as of now.
It was a rhetorical question.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
SKim172
Rookie

SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Some people might think I'm biased when it comes to QBs. I'm a Rutgers fan who didn't like Matt Ryan, a BC QB, big surprise. I didn't like Brady Quinn, an ND QB, either.

But this, I plain don't like Stafford. And I'm actually kind of a Georgia fan. I'd rather have UGA win the SEC than any other team. And you know what - Stafford gave his team the best chance to lose any game. Simply put, he lost a lot of games for UGA, including games when all he had to do was hang in there. He makes bad decisions, has poor mechanics, bad accuracy, mediocre statistics (55% completion?) and he plays on a very good team.

And don't give me crap about playing in a tough conference. If he can't complete 55% in the SEC, how do you expect him to complete 60% in the NFL? There have been a lot of QBs who have gone ahead of Stafford that competed and played very well in the SEC, or at least played better.

Stafford will be 2009's anointed golden boy. Every scout in the country will fall in love with him and he may very well be the 1st overall pick. But there's at least 20 draft-eligible QBs I'd take over him.

Graham Harrell, Chase Daniel and Curtis Painter should be the top QBs of next year's draft. They won't be.

I'm just hoping my boy Mike Teel plays his way into a draft pick. Hell, first four rounds of the draft, he'll have done well - think he's projected as a UDFA at the moment.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of that stuff happened last season, I don't think any Stafford fan would say he would have been a first rounder last year. It's a projection of him improving, since you know, he's a sophomore. If Stafford struggles with decision making and accuracy he won't be the first overall pick, but people are expecting him to improve in that area. He has amazing physical skill and with refinement (again, go figure a sophomore QB being erratic) he can be the #1 overall pick.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man. I am really excited to see Stafford in the Pros. I love his skillset and I see alot of improvement from his this season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
All of that stuff happened last season, I don't think any Stafford fan would say he would have been a first rounder last year. It's a projection of him improving, since you know, he's a sophomore. If Stafford struggles with decision making and accuracy he won't be the first overall pick, but people are expecting him to improve in that area. He has amazing physical skill and with refinement (again, go figure a sophomore QB being erratic) he can be the #1 overall pick.
Yeah your nailed it if he improves as much this year as he did last year he will be a top 10 pick. Everyone knows he isn't a finished product and has some work to do. But they are a lot less questions this year then last and most predict that will continue.

Here is a good article about Stafford vs Tebow http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8...eir-QB-rivalry

Last edited by georgiafan : 05-15-2008 at 12:51 PM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah your nailed it if he improves as much this year as he did last year he will be a top 10 pick. Everyone knows he isn't a finished product and has some work to do. But they are a lot less questions this year then last and most predict that will continue.

Here is a good article about Stafford vs Tebow http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8...eir-QB-rivalry
great article. i look forward to seeing Stafford play this season and their rivalry continue. I think I might become the biggest Stafford fan on this site soon enough.

And what if Stafford and Tebow both came out at the same time, and got drafted to teams in the same division? That would just be amazing.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stafford is very overrated right now.

How his stock is higher than Tebow's is a joke.

His mechanics are very poor at this point.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
Stafford is very overrated right now.

How his stock is higher than Tebow's is a joke.

His mechanics are very poor at this point.
Tim Tebow's game doesn't translate to the next level like Stafford's game does. Tebow has a wind up delivery and his abilitiy to make NFL type passes isn't there. Stafford has to tune his mechanics, but his ability to make NFL type throws, overall pocket presence, and upside make him a much more appealing prospect

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
How good of a prospect is this guy? Is he just a canidate for the top QB spot in next years draft just because the senior class is so weak at the position, or is he legit? I know he was considered the best player in the country comming out of high school by some.
As much as I've stated Matt Ryan is unprecedently overrated by the media, well just on the heels of hyping Ryan out of nowhere here comes the hype for Stafford.

IN Stafford's defense he was highly regarded out of HS and has better physical tools.

But that does not justify the hype he has right now.

His mechanics are terrible at this point and although his decision making has improved last year, he is far from a guy who should be getting top 5 overall hype.

135/256
1749 yards (81st in nation)
52.7 comp percentage (97th in nation)
6.8 YPA (63rd in nation)

7 TDs (104th in nation)
13 INTs

108.99 passer rating (91st in natiscon)

194/348
2523 yards (53rd in nation)
55.7 comp percentage (94th in nation)
7.3 YPA (39th in nation)

19 TDs (43rd in nation)
10 INT

128.92 passer rating (56th in nation)
Old 05-18-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Tim Tebow's game doesn't translate to the next level like Stafford's game does. Tebow has a wind up delivery and his abilitiy to make NFL type passes isn't there. Stafford has to tune his mechanics, but his ability to make NFL type throws, overall pocket presence, and upside make him a much more appealing prospect
Matthew Stafford may have more arm strength but to say Tebow can't make NFL throws is absurd.

Exactly what route on the football field do you think Tebow can't complete?

The notion that his game doesn't translate is never backed up with any legit reason why he can't play there.

His delivery doesn't take any longer than someone like a Philip Rivers
Old 05-18-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ryan's interceptions weren't due to bad accuracy necessarily. He threw so many attempts that of course his INTs were high, but he has very good passing accuracy. Stafford is a different story, he has a great arm but has very inconsistent accuracy.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
Matthew Stafford may have more arm strength but to say Tebow can't make NFL throws is absurd.

Exactly what route on the football field do you think Tebow can't complete?

The notion that his game doesn't translate is never backed up with any legit reason why he can't play there.

His delivery doesn't take any longer than someone like a Philip Rivers
Tebow can make the throws but has funny mechanics and has a really lengthy delivery which will hurt his draft stock a lot, and the fact that he looks great in the same offense that Alex Smith looked great in doesn't help either considering how "terrific" Smith has been. Tebow's problem is not his arm strength or his leadership, but rather his mechanics and accuracy and the question of whether or not he can be a pocket passer in the NFL taking snaps from under center and only running to make throws or when he has to like Steve Young did.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think the tebow/smith comparison is a fair one. tebows just bigger and more athletic all the way around.

and id rather have a great athlete who can win titles and run when things break down but has poor mechanics than the other way around. you can always reteach a throwing motion.....

and for the record, with all of my dislike of matt ryan, i like stafford more at this point