Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
I wonder if the Saints are tough enough to play the Bears. I bet you that the Bears are going to be SICK and TIRED of hearing that their defense is becoming porous these past few games and will absolutely stop the Saints running game. However, with that said, I WANT the Saints to win and will be rooting for them to win. The main reason: I don't want to see Rex Grossman in the Superbowl. Sorry Bears fans.
Grossman looked puurty good today. But it could have been a mirage.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
New Orleans Saints @ Chicago Bears
IDK about the Bears. Rex Grossman has been a question mark all year. You don't know what Grossman you are going to get. Then, earlier this year, the Bears defense was tremendous, but now in the last 5 games, it hasn't been great. Saints, on the other hand, have been consistent for the most part. You know which Saints team is showing up. Something I know about the Bears, they are 12-1 against the NFC and that 1 was the worthless week 17 game against the Packers. I picked the Siants at the beginning of the playoffs and I'm not pussing out now.
Prediction:Saints 28, Bears 24
Except against the AFC, the Redskins, and the Panthers. K.
Thats there 6 loses.
I'll only count the first game against the Panthers because they had 2nd place wrapped up and couldnt change it. They're too finesse IMO. I see the Bears knocking them around in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
New Orleans Saints @ Chicago Bears
IDK about the Bears. Rex Grossman has been a question mark all year. You don't know what Grossman you are going to get. Then, earlier this year, the Bears defense was tremendous, but now in the last 5 games, it hasn't been great. Saints, on the other hand, have been consistent for the most part. You know which Saints team is showing up. Something I know about the Bears, they are 12-1 against the NFC and that 1 was the worthless week 17 game against the Packers. I picked the Siants at the beginning of the playoffs and I'm not pussing out now.
Prediction:Saints 28, Bears 24
Except against the AFC, the Redskins, and the Panthers. K.
Thats there 6 loses.
I'll only count the first game against the Panthers because they had 2nd place wrapped up and couldnt change it. They're too finesse IMO. I see the Bears knocking them around in this one.
I wouldn't mind either team in it. The Saints for obvious reasons. Da Bears have Lovie Smith and they brought pain to the Seahawks......so either team, I don't mind at all.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feed the beast, the Bears know people are doubting him. The feel-good story ends in Chi-Town.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Let me clear something up. If you are rooting against the Saints you don't have a soul. It's that simple.

Anyway, my heart says the Saints and my brain says the Bears. Screw it, I'm going New Orleans.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Let me clear something up. If you are rooting against the Saints you don't have a soul. It's that simple.

Anyway, my heart says the Saints and my brain says the Bears. Screw it, I'm going New Orleans.
:roll:
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I think it'll be close, and in close games I always go with the home team, especially in the playoffs.
It's actually about even this year for the home and away teams. We saw the Pats and Colts this week as decent underdogs upset close games on the road.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear
Quote:

Yea I'm about sick of it right now too. Yes, what the Saints have done this year has been remarkable, but enough is enough.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:

Yea I'm about sick of it right now too. Yes, what the Saints have done this year has been remarkable, but enough is enough.
Not to mention they have very little to do with the actual Hurricane relief efforts and most of them are multi-millionaries. Including their owner who last year couldn't have given a **** less about New Orleans.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The thing about those AFC games is that both homefields were similar to the road teams home field. Colts play in a dome so did the Ravens. The Pats play on ground that is often in rough shape and so was San Deigo home field.

With the Saints/Bears is completely different, Saints are in a dome that favors there fast great offense and the Bears play on in rough conditions that favors strong defense.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not to mention they have very little to do with the actual Hurricane relief efforts and most of them are multi-millionaries. Including their owner who last year couldn't have given a *********** less about New Orleans.
QFT

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection
The thing about those AFC games is that both homefields were similar to the road teams home field. Colts play in a dome so did the Ravens. The Pats play on ground that is often in rough shape and so was San Deigo home field.

With the Saints/Bears is completely different, Saints are in a dome that favors there fast great offense and the Bears play on in rough conditions that favors strong defense.
Huh?

The Ravens play outside dude, so do the Eagles. Don't really get where you're trying to go here. Baltimore's field is nothing like a dome field, because well, it's not a dome.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to pick the Bears, I really would. It hurts me to do this, but I started off the playoffs thinking Saints/Patriots, and I'll stick with those picks.

The Saints offense is too good. I don't think any team can "stop" it, but can only hope to limit it. The Bears don't match up too well against that offense. We've got to find a way to generate pressure against a fairly solid OL. If the Bears can get pressure, it'll be a different game. If not, then Brees will shred us to bits and pieces. Then, you mix in their ability to run the ball. Deuce doesn't get enough credit, and he's the key to whether or not they win. The cover 2 can always be run against if you scheme right, and Sean Payton's done a great job at scheming. For the BEars to "win" this side of the ball, I would rather see us drop into 3 deep looks and force the Saints to slowly work their way down the field and committing a RB up.

The Bears have a good matchup against that defense ... if the good Rex shows up. THeir LB core can be attacked, so I'd look for a lot of work in the middle, with crossing patterns and mixing in more of Desmond Clark, Thomas Jones, Jason McKie, and Cedric Benson in the passing game. They can be run against as well. Our OL has always been susceptible to a good pass rush, as the tackles aren't the most nimble, so for the Bears to "win" this side of the ball, they have to committ to the run early again and score early as well to change the dynamic of the game. If we can get good protection, their corners can be beat, though. All this, though, is dependent on the good Rex showing up. I hate how we use our RB's now, as they dont get enough consistent touches to establish anything. If we are going to use Benson, then send him in there enough times in the first half to get a feel in the 2nd half. I still think the coaching staff is right to start Jones, but to take him basically out of the gameplan in the 2nd half is pure lunacy, as it doesn't give him the chance to establish anything. The ideal gameplan is having one back run it, say, 20-25 times, and the other run it, say, 10-15 times, but spread consistently throughout.

If it comes to special teams, I like Gould better than I like Carney, due to the home fied advantage.

At the end of the day, I so want to pick the Bears, but I can't do that and honestly feel like I'm making the right decision. As noted repeatedly in the papers, there were some odd coaching decisions throughout for Lovie Smith's staff. Any mistakes, and Payton will exploit that. I'll go Saints 30, Chicago 24, and setting up, my prediction, a Patriots/Saints Super Bowl that could be a great chess match.

Here's hoping I'm dead wrong and Chicago wins.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints over Bears in a too close for comfort game. I can't in good conscious pick over the Saints in this game but I'm giving credit where credit is due and think the game will be decided by 3.

This is the match-up I've wanted all season and now it's here. The Seahawks did a good job of setting up and using the run against Chicago and I think Sean Payton is going to try and duplicate that success. The key to a Bears win is which Rex Grossman shows up. I know everyone has said it but it is true.

My prediction: Saints 31 - Bears 28

I just have a gut feeling that this game is going to be very, very close. I hope the Saints win but here's hoping to a good clean game of football.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:29 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually not sold that we need good Rex to win. We can't have bad Rex, that's for sure. But I think the key for us to win is in the trenches, and in particular, the edges of the trenches. FOr the Bears to win, they must hurry Brees, and Tait/Miller will have to, along with the TE's and RB's, slow down Will Smith/Charles Grant.

I do think that a real good running effort (120+ yards), plus a decent, but mistake free, Rex could lead us to victory. SHould be interesting.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

If the Bears had Tommie Harris I'd consider picking them, but his absence leaves no protection for Urlacher, who was swallowed up on a number of plays yesterday, Tank Johnson and Ian Scott aren't getting enough push and are getting steamed rolled. Reggie and Deuce will run wild on this group.

Secondly, the Seahawks picked on Charles Tillman all day, I expect the saints to do the same. Colston will probably be matched up on Vasher, who has been very good this year, but if Horn is in the Line-up, forget it, Brees throws for 350.

Special teams go's to the Bears. Hester, Gould and Maynard are as solid as they come.

Saints 34
Bears 21

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is the year, that defense wins championship becomes history

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I really am suprised by the high # given to the Saints. It's interesting that the national media is critical of "only" beating the Seahawks 27-24 but the exact same total versus the Eagles is a-ok in their eyes. If you want a good example, check out Gene Wojo's article on ESPN.com.

Obviously I'm biased, but I think there's been an unfair double standard for the Bears all year long. People are always trying to figure out what is wrong with us and why we're going to fail. Now that we're actually a game away from the Superbowl I figured that would stop. I guess not.

As for the game, I agree it should be close, I really don't know what the result will be. I think it may just come down to the weather.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
packer_pat_4
Rookie

packer_pat_4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with you bearsfan.... it does seem no matter what Chicago does someone out there is digging for an excuse as to why they squeaked out a win or why they will soon fail.

That being said I still think the Saints will win this. I like their offense against a banged up Bears D. But I think this game may come down to special teams, making Devin Hester a huge Wild Card. I'm going with the Saints but it should be a close, exciting game.
packer_pat_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Wtf? people can root for whoever they want it's a football game.

Look I am one of the biggest Bears haters out there, and I am stunned at how many people are picking the Saints. The Bears are a 14-3 team, and people act like they are some 7-9 team that managed to stumble into the playoffs.

I would be shocked if the Bears lost this game; homefield, the Saints Defense was ranked 31st giving up big plays over 20 yards, and that is not pretty with such deep threats such as Bernard Berrian and Rashied Davis, lining up over Fred Thomas. Rex Grossman has another good day.

Bears 27 - Saints 17
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
After seeing Shaun Alexander get some stupid good runs off on that defense, I think the combo of Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister might be too much for them to handle. I give the WR edge to NO, and I honestly think they might be a good match for that secondary. I think the game will come down to how consistent Grossman is. If he plays like he did against the Seahawks, and that line steps it up a little, I see the Bears winning. However, I don't see that happening, giving the V to NO.
With how Westbrook ran over the Saints on Saturday, I think we can do some damage as well. Man it's a close matchup. :shock:
Westbrook had an awesome 62 yard touchdown.

And, that's about it.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu
I'm actually not sold that we need good Rex to win. We can't have bad Rex, that's for sure. But I think the key for us to win is in the trenches, and in particular, the edges of the trenches. FOr the Bears to win, they must hurry Brees, and Tait/Miller will have to, along with the TE's and RB's, slow down Will Smith/Charles Grant.

I do think that a real good running effort (120+ yards), plus a decent, but mistake free, Rex could lead us to victory. SHould be interesting.
I completely agree that the key to victory lies in the trenches. That's going to be the most interesting matchup during the game.

When the Saints have the ball it's going to be:
Strong Side Jammal Brown vs. Alex Brown/Mark Anderson and Weak Side Jon Stinchcomb vs. Adewale Ogunleye.
When the Bears have the ball it's going to be:
Strong Side Jeff Tait vs. Will Smith and Weak Side Fred MIller vs. Charles Grant.

If the Bears offensive line can give Grossman time to make his reads and to allow for the receivers to get separation then I feel he can tear the Saints secondary apart. Our secondary is very suseptible to the big play. Mushin Mohammed vs. Fred Thomas is going to be very interesting. I would think that Moose or Berrian, whoever lines up against Thomas is going to have a big game because he's our worst corner, and is someone who I consider to be one of the worst starting CB's in the league.

On the opposite side of the coin, when the Saints have the ball and if they allow Brees time to throw then I believe Brees can definately hit the big play, especially deep. I think a key component to a Saints win is if Joe Horn plays. I don't know what his status is for the game, if he's going to tough it out or not, but I'd much rather have a Horn/Colston WR set than a Colston/Henderson set. But if it's how it was last game with Colston/Henderson then a key matchup is going to be Colston vs. Tillman. Both are big, Colston 6'4" and Tillman 6'1", and both are very good.

These teams are very evenly matched and it's a hard game to call. I have to go with my Saints but I have a feeling that I'm going to be screaming at the television for 60 minutes.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Bears fan, I wanna say Bears. I am a pessimist sometimes though, and think that the Saints have to much fire power for the recent Bears defense to handle. Duece and Bush> SA. Brees>>>Hasselback. Colston Horn>>Djack Branch. Offensivly we will need to just down right own the Saints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Quote:
Wtf? people can root for whoever they want it's a football game.

Look I am one of the biggest Bears haters out there, and I am stunned at how many people are picking the Saints. The Bears are a 14-3 team, and people act like they are some 7-9 team that managed to stumble into the playoffs.
Blame the media. They slober over the Quarterback position way too much.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go to hell man. What did the Saints do for the city of New Orleans? They got the hell outta there, and half of them wanted to move to San Antonio. Are Reggie Bush and Sean Payton so mentally and physically impressive that they can rebuild a hurricane ravaged city by themselves? What are the Saints doing for the tons of people who still don't have homes? Payton stole coach of the year from Mangini, but their luck runs out on Sunday.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote