Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Kind of funny how Peters gets more hype now than he did last year. In 2006, he had his best season but was rarely talked about in Top 5 LT circles and didn't make the Pro Bowl. He didn't have as good of a season in 07 (still really good though) and he gets Top 5 talk and makes the Pro Bowl.

He is a stud, though. If I'm building a franchise, he's the LT I take 1st simply because he's more athletic and mobile than Joe Thomas, although Thomas is probably more technically refined right now. The scariest part about Peters is that he isn't a finished product right now and still has a very high potential. He's only played LT for 2 years in the NFL and he is playing excellent.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Kind of funny how Peters gets more hype now than he did last year. In 2006, he had his best season but was rarely talked about in Top 5 LT circles and didn't make the Pro Bowl. He didn't have as good of a season in 07 (still really good though) and he gets Top 5 talk and makes the Pro Bowl.

He is a stud, though. If I'm building a franchise, he's the LT I take 1st simply because he's more athletic and mobile than Joe Thomas, although Thomas is probably more technically refined right now. The scariest part about Peters is that he isn't a finished product right now and still has a very high potential. He's only played LT for 2 years in the NFL and he is playing excellent.
he's only played LT for 2 years period, he was a TE in college.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
he's only played LT for 2 years period, he was a TE in college.
I know, that's what I'm saying. TE in college, TE for us his rookie year, RT his second year, and LT his 3rd and 4th years. Just an incredible athlete. His only improving and should be in the top 1-3 LT in the NFL for the next 5 years or so.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know, that's what I'm saying. TE in college, TE for us his rookie year, RT his second year, and LT his 3rd and 4th years. Just an incredible athlete. His only improving and should be in the top 1-3 LT in the NFL for the next 5 years or so.
yup....hopefully some of that Toronto money goes towards locking up him and evans and maybe trent if he has a good year.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well Peters was at LT for only the second half of 2006, starting with the GB game. Of course our record improved greatly from that point and he was extremely good from the start there, but that's probably why he wasn't mentioned in the top guys. He was an absolute beast at RT, just amazing, and now he's a surefire top 5 LT in my book.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Starting From Scratch
I'd Want Young Talent

01. Jason Peters
02. Marcus McNeill
03. Jamaal Brown
04. Michael Roos
05. Joe Thomas
06. Bryant McKinnie
07. David Diehl
08. Joe Staley
09. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
10. Khalif Barnes
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Initial glance leaves me surprised to see Jamaal Brown ranked so high, given how speed rushers give him fits.
Hmm...that is somewhat true but I still think that Brown is one of the top 3 tackles in the league. He was absolutely dominant two years ago. People must remember that he played last year with a knee injury and also dealt with an injury to his left calf.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote