Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I have one of those.
Yeah, but i'm sure you just use that gun for hunting...
Old 05-15-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
I would be concerned if I were a Bills fan. As a Bengals fan, I've seen this type of behavior before, and it will only get worse.
I have also seen this type of behavior, Steve Smith was bad when he got into the league. Losing his temper on the field and even badly beating a teammate during a film session. Saying it will only get worse is not true.

Now Smith has turned everything around. Take the Falcons game for example, had that been Smith from 5 years ago, there is absolutely no way he keeps his composure.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably follow Hardy his whole career, especially after hearing about us wanting to trade up early in the 2nd to make a move for him...I can live with passing Thomas and Hardy in the 1st, but my initial thought was to pull the trigger on him or Sweed in the 2nd and Hardy was the guy Jerry wanted...I'll be rooting for him regardless, he's the exact WR that Edwards needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
MamaD

It's hard to watch talented athletes, who are so disciplined physically...not be able to control their anger. Then again, do we truly have all of the facts in this situation? And what has his track record been concerning anger?

I don't personally know either of these men...Father or son, but I do know that sometimes even good people raise their voices & or may yell at each other when they are mad. When emotions are involved, people can say things they don't really mean or which they will regret later. Anger and guns don't mix well, but thank God that James only vented his frustration & didn't pull the trigger, to shoot his father.

We can take into account that athletes are under an extreme amount of stress, and I'm sure it's difficult to rebuild a relationship with a father who has been in jail & missing for most of your life. God only knows if the father has truly turned his life around for the better, and just wants to have a relationship with his son, or if he is just showing up for monetary gain. James may be questioning this himself & it could be a little overwhelming to have to deal with so much at this time in his life.

Hopefully they will both learn some "Anger Management Skills", & possibly see a counselor to help them bridge the communication gap caused from lost time. Forgiveness covers a multitude of sins. Miscommunication or misunderstandings have destroyed many relationships; some for only short periods of time, but others sadly go to their graves with unresolved issues with loved ones. Unfortunately our personal relationships can overflow onto our professional lives if we're not careful to learn how to handle them.

A mentor or leader, who cared about James, could help him walk through this challenging time, if he's willing. If things like this aren't dealt with when someone is young, the problem will probably only get worse with time.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

^^
Are you D-chess's mama?
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=6085

James Hardy wasn't shy about explaining the events concerning his much publicized altercation with his father on Mother's day weekend, as he came off the field following the Bills first OTA practice Monday.

"A woman came outside and believed something else was happening and it wasn't," said Hardy. "That's why my father didn't know what was going on and honestly I didn't know what was going on until later that evening. I called and let coach (Jauron) know and everybody know what definitely happened and it's definitely in the past right now."

According to published reports Hardy allegedly brandished a firearm during his argument based on a witness, but the Bills rookie wideout dismisses that claim.

"No gun was involved," said Hardy. "I don't know where she got that from. That's something that me and my father discussed. The only problem is I feel even if I'm at home and I feel I have to protect myself he actually convinced me to go get one, but there wasn't one at the time there."

Hardy quickly saw the negative perception the incident created about him publicly and it was troublesome to him that he could not rectify that perception.

"The only thing is I shouldn't have been there," Hardy admitted. "It sort of feels like every time I go home something negative, I'm always on the end of it. Now I'm in Buffalo and this is the best thing to happen to me since the birth of my son and I just want to get on the right track in Buffalo. This is something that will never happen again and nothing will ever be blown out of proportion again because I will never be in this situation."

As a result of this latest situation Hardy also made it sound as if he will not be spending as much time in his hometown of Fort Wayne, IN moving forward.

"A lot of guys from Fort Wayne they actually never come back and I never understood that growing up," said Hardy. "I felt being in this position I could change that, but it's bigger than me. I have an organization that I have to represent in the best way possible and I just can't put myself in these situations. And now I understand why they don't go back."

Hardy has apparently already made changes with respect to the people he keeps close to him. And he's is hopeful that will prevent any other potentially negative instances from surfacing.

"For the most part, I've never been the type of person to go out," he said. "I've never been the type of person to hang around the wrong crowd. Unfortunately when I go home I have to watch myself and I can't put myself in that type of positions. Family or no family I have to make my circle even smaller."
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice to see you still wearing my sig :)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote