Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
dbro
Rookie

dbro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jared Allen had 15.5 sacks last year in 12 games for the Chiefs, just for anyone who didnt know.
And the reason he makes so much of a difference is because he was the only d-lineman the chiefs had and he looked pretty impressive. Now imagine he is playing next to two of the better DT in the league. Someone's gotta be doubled, and then still one of the three can bust through the line. This then helps out the secondary, because teams wont be able to send five/four guys out to catch a pass, because teams will have to keep an extra tightend or fullback to help protect. And I think Winfield is a top 10 corner in the league. The Vikes lost nothing last year and they were good, now they get a top 5 pass rusher. But who knows?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Oh Crazy Chris. They won't be the best defense next year. I am willing to bet that. And I understand the impact Jared Allen will have. And like I said they will be top 10 but I don't think they will be in the top 5 or #1.
As I Viking fan I kind of agree, I think we have a better shot at cracking the top 5 than you give credit to, but definitely not #1. I feel i'd probably be happier to be proven wrong though :)