Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cover 2 defense needs to die.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I thought the eagles ran a 46 did they change it
Madden has had that **** wrong for I don't know how many years. The Eagles haven't run the 46 since Bud Ryan was their head coach.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
The Cover 2 defense needs to die.
i agree

stupid copy cat leaugue

i guess its easier to find guys who fit the system

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Madden has had that **** wrong for I don't know how many years. The Eagles haven't run the 46 since Bud Ryan was their head coach.
Speaking of madden, i was talking football with some guys on the team. I said how Brennan would be good in a west coast offense since it is somewhat similar to a run n shoot, one of my teammates says, "dont you mean run n gun?" which is what it is called in madden. i dont think ive ever heard the RnS called the RnG, but its the same thing i guess

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
i agree

stupid copy cat leaugue

i guess its easier to find guys who fit the system

Speaking of madden, i was talking football with some guys on the team. I said how Brennan would be good in a west coast offense since it is somewhat similar to a run n shoot, one of my teammates says, "dont you mean run n gun?" which is what it is called in madden. i dont think ive ever heard the RnS called the RnG, but its the same thing i guess
what about the chuck and duck haha
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
what about the chuck and duck haha
Kevin Kolb special right there.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhinla View Post
Cardinals - (4-3) My understanding is they would like to move to 3-4 if they can get the personel to do it. Alan Branch was definately a draft pick last year designed to move them that direction but so far work in progress. In the 4-3 they like to play SS Adrian Wilson close to line 'cause he's much better at that than just dropping in coverage.
I guess the cards run a 3-4 but pendergast really mixes his front well. Since their roster has more 4-3 DEs than 3-4 edge backers they keep those edge guys closer to the line flanking a prospective line of Calais (although smith may be still be ahead him on the depth chart early on) - Gabe Watson - Dockett. I really hope they can add a premier 3-4 edge guy next year cause their de could be a lot of fun to watch with another edge guy or two.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I guess it should be noted, for those that are interested, that Green Bay and Oakland almost run man coverage exclusively. They are the only teams I am aware of that do this.
I'm not sure what the philosophy of Oakland is, but GB runs the Jim Bates 4-3, which means bump-and-run man coverage by the corners, fast roving LBs that don't blitz and the QB pressure coming from the D-Line, which also lines the DE's wide.

Is Denver going to run the Bates scheme even though Bates left?
Old 05-17-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
I'm not sure what the philosophy of Oakland is, but GB runs the Jim Bates 4-3, which means bump-and-run man coverage by the corners, fast roving LBs that don't blitz and the QB pressure coming from the D-Line, which also lines the DE's wide.

Is Denver going to run the Bates scheme even though Bates left?
I don't think so. I believe the are switching from a two gap system to more of a one gap system along the defensive line. Not sure what other changes there are but I'm pretty sure their new D-coordinator (Bob Slowik I think) plans to use a scheme that fits the players, whatever that may be.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the 46 could still be the most effective with the right personnel, Oakland is very close, had they taken Dorsey instead of McFadden...If you have two fast corners who can play man to man on an island, a ball hawking FS who has range and can make plays, you can come up with some exotic looks to attack the QB...When the Ravens were running on all cylinders a few years ago running it, it was incredibly effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the 4-6 works all the time for me in Madden. Except sometimes Anthony Henry gets beat in man coverage =/ lol
Old 05-17-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Giants run a 4-3 base, with some 46 principles. we run a lot of zone blitz, and run a lot of fire.

press man and zone blitz, thats our specialty. but we have a ton of exotic packages that are unique to our defense, as im guessing Shockey+Manning=Shocking has already eluded to in this thread.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the best desctiption for the saints would be 4-3 (suicide , no blitzes )

the safeties help the LBs alltime , so the SS often is head up with the TE and the FS has a short zone behind the WLB

so what would you call it ? rover ?
Old 05-18-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Nickel cover 0 with LB blitzes and press coverage is the greatest play known to man. I dominate with it in NCAA '08. Everyone should try it. ;)
Old 05-18-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Nickel cover 0 with LB blitzes and press coverage is the greatest play known to man. I dominate with it in NCAA '08. Everyone should try it. ;)
It kills in madden also, especially if you have the corners bump on the outside move around your front 6.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
It kills in madden also, especially if you have the corners bump on the outside move around your front 6.
Yeah it's lovely. But if your corner misses the bump and the WR runs a fly, you're done. And the corner does miss every now and then. I tried to have Donovan Warren press James Hardy. It didn't work too well for me.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

I typically play as one of the ends on that play and even when my corners get beat I get to the QB before he can get off a clean pass, especially if I have the line wide and LB take another step inside, Madden blocks inside out so if your good with the DE you'll have someone one on one starting out wide.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
the best desctiption for the saints would be 4-3 (suicide , no blitzes )

the safeties help the LBs alltime , so the SS often is head up with the TE and the FS has a short zone behind the WLB

so what would you call it ? rover ?
I would call it a recipe for disaster. Your corners are getting old and slow.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
I typically play as one of the ends on that play and even when my corners get beat I get to the QB before he can get off a clean pass, especially if I have the line wide and LB take another step inside, Madden blocks inside out so if your good with the DE you'll have someone one on one starting out wide.
Old XBOX NCAA '08 doesn't block ****. The RB watches your LB go by 90% of the time. Jonas Mouton had 23 sacks at LB with this formation. And if they threw, Charles Woodson Jr. (campus legend) would get one of his 28 career picks (after 3 years) Haha.

Anyways, I think nickel is the best. End o' story.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Quote:
Old XBOX NCAA '08 doesn't block ****. The RB watches your LB go by 90% of the time. Jonas Mouton had 23 sacks at LB with this formation. And if they threw, Charles Woodson Jr. (campus legend) would get one of his 28 career picks (after 3 years) Haha.

Anyways, I think nickel is the best. End o' story.
I had the 4 aces as my base nickel D in madden 08 for the PS2 with kiwi at LE and Strahan inside with Tuck and kiwi averaged 5 sacks for games I played because of that one play, not even All-Madden has an answer to it if you just mix things up a little with some cover heavy plays.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I use something similiar, but I blitz the nickel corner and play press on the outside, change up the D line and LB fronts time to time, but I always play with the FS and if they are in a 3 WR set they always throw hot to the slot WR where the blitz is coming from...Even on the hardest level they still force the ball into the same spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
I would call it a recipe for disaster. Your corners are getting old and slow.
not exactly. mike mckenzie is old but not slow. the rest of the DBs are just crap , without being slow :D
Old 05-20-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
the Giants run a 4-3 base, with some 46 principles. we run a lot of zone blitz, and run a lot of fire.

press man and zone blitz, thats our specialty. but we have a ton of exotic packages that are unique to our defense, as im guessing Shockey+Manning=Shocking has already eluded to in this thread.
Our system is so weird, and out of the box, that it is what it wants or needs to be. It's a 4-3 defense, but can be any personnel. If we wish to have 3 safties in for a whole drive we will. If we want to put 4 safties in, and use that 4th as a OLB then so be it. Or we can put a CB at FS to mix things up. Basically we move everyone around so our pre snap look confuses offenses because everyone is not at their normal position.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote