Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I said prior to the Chargers' game. I will never bet against the Patriots, especially in this match-up, the odds suck. Although I will mention one thing pro-Colts; 1994 NFCCG, Steve Young got "the monkey [Dallas] off his back."

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I very much think I should pick the Colts. Their defense is playing well.

But I started the playoffs thinking Patriots/Saints for the Super Bowl, and I'll stick with both of my picks. For all the talk that I've seen about the Patriots potentially running more against the Colts, I expect them to spread it out a lot. The offense has been playing, overall, fairly well down the stretch of the year, with guys getting fit into roles. I think spreading it out allows them to limit the speed of the Colts D. There will be a healthy amount of DIllon/Maroney/Faulk mixed in, but I'd look for this game to be put in Brady's capable hands.

It'll be a tough matchup for the Patriots D, though. This D lacks speed, and if the Colts OL can protect, Peyton should be able to exploit. Addai/Rhodes is a solid combo, but the Patriots DL is playing fairly well, and it's protecting a suspect LB crew. I wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick drop into coverages to protect his back 7, if the DL starts off the game well enough in it's ability to hold the line.

At the end of the day, Dungy's a good coach, but Belichick is better, and that might be the edge the Patriots needs. Of course, the difference may be Vinatieri. THis is a different game from earlier in the year, as the teams have changed. I like a close contest, perhaps something like 24-21.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:38 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to pick the Patriots, even though I am completely and totally biased on this issue.
But I will say this. There is something about the Tom Brady/Manning thing that goes beyond what numbers and statistical anylisis are capable of explaining. I don't beleive in any form of predetermined destiny, or fatalism, and really anything of that nature..but I'm just not sure Peyton Manning is supposed to win a Superbowl.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119
I honestly believe that NE has the only chance to stop Indy

But if theyre defense starts playing "normal" again well then everyone but Oakland could beat them
Really? Is that why they went 12-4? :roll:
Old 01-15-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
Pats know Peyton too well so I reckon its the Pats by 10
You could say the same thing for the Colts and that they know Brady too well so anything can happen. This is definately a GREAT rivalry game. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

36-31 COLTS.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink

I don't like the fact the Colts are winning this poll.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
I don't like the fact the Colts are winning this poll.
Agreed. It's unsettling.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

colts. i've stuck with them this far in the face of the million and one "baltimroe will kill them lolz" people who last week thought that baltimore had an offense and through the first week when people actually thought kansas city had a team. either way, go peyton. get a ring.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, 60%? Are you kidding me? I think if money were on the line, few would vote for Indianapolis. Indianapolis very well may win, but history says otherwise.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Man, 60%? Are you kidding me? I think if money were on the line, few would vote for Indianapolis. Indianapolis very well may win, but history says otherwise.
History would have said that the Pats would beat Denver last year, and that KC would beat Indy 2 weeks ago.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
History would have said that the Pats would beat Denver last year, and that KC would beat Indy 2 weeks ago.
How so?

Old 01-15-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How so?
Well, prior to last year, the Patriots had never lost in the playoffs with Tom Brady starting at QB, and prior to 2 weeks ago, the Colts had never won a game in which Peyton Manning threw 3 INTs.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

^^^ and denver hadn't won in the playoffs without elway.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Home game for Colts=Victory.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:14 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How so?
Well, prior to last year, the Patriots had never lost in the playoffs with Tom Brady starting at QB, and prior to 2 weeks ago, the Colts had never won a game in which Peyton Manning threw 3 INTs.
There's a difference. We didn't know that Manning would throw 3 INTs before the game. Of course, we all knew about their run defense, so that's probably a better example.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I think the Colts will win. Has anyone noticed that every year Peyton "chokes" he has no D to back him up? Brady has had the best D in the league and everyone gives him so much praise. Yeah, he won the superbowl he did very well, but Peyton is not the reason the colts lost to them. I love the Manning vs. Brady matchup. Has anyone noticed we have played in Gillette the last like 5 meetings? Now it's in the RCA dome. For the record the Colts are undefeated at home this year. We beat the Patriots the last two meetings IN GILLETTE! That's hard to do, but in the RCA dome I think it will be a 10 point game for the colts. I think the colts will win because Brady and Manning's defenses are actually in the same league this year, and the fact that it's in the RCA dome overwhelmingly puts this game in Mannings favor.

Through all the years Mannings D has been insufficient. The two defenses are in the same league because the Patriots D has gotten significantly worse, as well as the colts D. This will make the game much more balanced and put more pressure on the offensive side of the ball which is perfect for the Colts.

The past years the Colts have lost to the Pats in Gillette which is understandable. The fact that the Colts have the homefield advantage puts pressure on Brady for once. Manning plays much better at home and it is understandable, because all QBs do. This gives the Colts a great advantage.

I hate the Pats because of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Tom Brady always tries to act like the underdog. He always says something like, "no one expected much of us this week" Everyone expected great from you this week!!! You won the superbowl 3 times!

Bill Belichick is the worst sore loser ever. He says nothing he just mumbles to the media after the games he loses.

This shows why I beleive the Colts will win and it shows why I hate the Pats so much.

This doesnt mean Brady isnt a good QB and same with Bill Belichick, but I hate the way they act.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:00 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang
Well I think the Colts will win. Has anyone noticed that every year Peyton "chokes" he has no D to back him up? Brady has had the best D in the league and everyone gives him so much praise. Yeah, he won the superbowl he did very well, but Peyton is not the reason the colts lost to them. I love the Manning vs. Brady matchup. Has anyone noticed we have played in Gillette the last like 5 meetings? Now it's in the RCA dome. For the record the Colts are undefeated at home this year. We beat the Patriots the last two meetings IN GILLETTE! That's hard to do, but in the RCA dome I think it will be a 10 point game for the colts. I think the colts will win because Brady and Manning's defenses are actually in the same league this year, and the fact that it's in the RCA dome overwhelmingly puts this game in Mannings favor.

Through all the years Mannings D has been insufficient. The two defenses are in the same league because the Patriots D has gotten significantly worse, as well as the colts D. This will make the game much more balanced and put more pressure on the offensive side of the ball which is perfect for the Colts.

The past years the Colts have lost to the Pats in Gillette which is understandable. The fact that the Colts have the homefield advantage puts pressure on Brady for once. Manning plays much better at home and it is understandable, because all QBs do. This gives the Colts a great advantage.

I hate the Pats because of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Tom Brady always tries to act like the underdog. He always says something like, "no one expected much of us this week" Everyone expected great from you this week!!! You won the superbowl 3 times!

Bill Belichick is the worst sore loser ever. He says nothing he just mumbles to the media after the games he loses.

This shows why I beleive the Colts will win and it shows why I hate the Pats so much.

This doesnt mean Brady isnt a good QB and same with Bill Belichick, but I hate the way they act.
A few players decide to dance on the field after the game is won and suddenly Bill Belichick is the most classless person to ever coach in the NFL. There is a reason he says nothing to the media. . He HATES them.

And the two defences aren't "on the same level"! The Patriots have given up the fewest points in franchise history this season. The Colts run defence is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylaw24
A few players decide to dance on the field after the game is won and suddenly Bill Belichick is the most classless person to ever coach in the NFL. There is a reason he says nothing to the media. . He HATES them.
do you think this is the only time people have thought belichick was classless?

Quote:
And the two defences aren't "on the same level"! The Patriots have given up the fewest points in franchise history this season. The Colts run defence is a joke.
franchise history isn't necessarily a meaningful debate. and the colts "joke" of a run defense has allowed 23 less points thus far in the postseason, including holding a team with one of the better running attacks in the NFL to 8 points. so yeah, wonderful points all around.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are you freakin serious njx?? The guy said that the Patriots and the Colts have evened up in defence. I think the fact that the Pats have allowed the fewest points scored against them during their existence in the NFL is a perfectly good point/indicator of the red zone D they have developed.

No I don't think this is only time Belichick has been considered classless. I take offense when people suggest that Bill 'ordered' the players to go dance in the middle as the FG sailed through the air. People are only saying these things because LT went off about it.

I've seen plenty of Colts fans on this board complain about the Run D all season long. They have played 2 outstanding game thus far, but a whole season of Colt's defence was compared to the Patriot's and I thought that I'd speak up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want the Colts win but I got to go with the Pats.

Manning has been awfull in the playoffs so far he practically tried his hardest to give playoff victories to the chiefs and ravens.

Plus I still don't trust the Colts defense.

With that being said GO COLTS!

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloDraftGeek
It sickens me to see this *********** year in and year out. The patriots played a horrible game. They were by far the inferior team. They won off of questionable personal fouls, balls falling into the patriots laps, fumbled punts, and fumbled interceptions. No way in hell the patriots deserve to be there. And the worst thing of all, they're gonna win again. I swear they have god himself on their side.
I know, but that's Tom Brady. He lives the dream. At the beginning of the game, there was a pass that got tipped and went right the the S hands. Any other QB would have that be picked, but not Brady. When you throw a pick on fourth down, only Tom Brady gets that fumble and another chance. It sucks.
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylaw24
Are you freakin serious njx?? The guy said that the Patriots and the Colts have evened up in defence. I think the fact that the Pats have allowed the fewest points scored against them during their existence in the NFL is a perfectly good point/indicator of the red zone D they have developed.
I thought the playoffs were the only thing that mattered? That's the arguement the Patriots fans always seem to use when talking about the Colts or Manning.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Only Josh Brown knows the outcome of this game

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ndctu1138

The Patriots will lose to the Colts on a last second Adam Vinatieri field goal. Count on it.