Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Bucimal Island
Rookie

Bucimal Island Bucimal Island Bucimal Island Bucimal Island Bucimal Island Bucimal Island Bucimal Island Bucimal Island
Default 17th game

It is rumored that comisioner Roger Goodell is going to take away one of the preseason games and lock in a 17th regular season game. Not Bad. But will that mean the end of the bye week and how will this game be played???

My opinion and theory is this

How about interleague play like in MLB?
Examples:
Oakland vs. San Fran
Tampa vs. Miami
Jets vs. Giants
Bucimal Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be an extra NFC vs. AFC game. I think that is pretty much decided in the plan. With the AFC getting all home games one year and the NFC getting all the home games the next.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want games in europe....

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An extra NFC vs. AFC game would be sweet.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the preseason the shorter the better...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about this, playoff teams pull starters week 15 and 16 anyway, why would it be any different in week 17? Granted some teams fighting for spots will be playing hard, but we will see alot of what we see in week 16...I will say, I can't complain about one more week of football though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It will be an extra NFC vs. AFC game. I think that is pretty much decided in the plan. With the AFC getting all home games one year and the NFC getting all the home games the next.
I thought that there was going to be 1 international game ala Giants Miami in london

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I thought that there was going to be 1 international game ala Giants Miami in london
There still will be one international game. But they aren't going to play 16 extra international games as the extra week.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Won't this throw off the perfect balance of the 4 teams per division, divisions play each other, 8 divisions, 16 games scheduling thing?
Old 05-21-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
Won't this throw off the perfect balance of the 4 teams per division, divisions play each other, 8 divisions, 16 games scheduling thing?
A little bit but not really. They can still work it out. You could keep everything the same and then for instance have the all the teams from the NFC East play their counterparts in the standings the year before from the AFC West. If they aren't already playing the AFC West as a whole that year.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anything that shortens that damn preseasons is good by me.

plus this would eliminate the existance of .500 finishing records. that way, your team either has a winning season or a losing one. no more record purgatory.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There still will be one international game. But they aren't going to play 16 extra international games as the extra week.
16 international games sounds perfect to me 8 home 8 away 1 international I think that is where Goodell is going with this. That way no team has more/less home games. and international games come before bye weeks.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm one of the few that actually loves the pre season...Gives us a chance to see those younger guys in action who may not play all year until pre season...I look foward to those games and watch all the games beginning to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
16 international games sounds perfect to me 8 home 8 away 1 international I think that is where Goodell is going with this. That way no team has more/less home games. and international games come before bye weeks.
I don't think that is where they are going. The NFL is a long ways away from having 16 games played overseas a season. The players hate it.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think that is where they are going. The NFL is a long ways away from having 16 games played overseas a season. The players hate it.
yeah really. poor channing crowder didnt even know what language they spoke where he would have to play....in england......
Old 05-21-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I guess I'm one of the few that actually loves the pre season...Gives us a chance to see those younger guys in action who may not play all year until pre season...I look foward to those games and watch all the games beginning to end.
You're not alone, and I am a member of the small group that enjoys the preseason, for many of the reasons that you already said.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
You're not alone, and I am a member of the small group that enjoys the preseason, for many of the reasons that you already said.
The 4th preseason game is useless though. The roster has already been trimmed closer to that 53 it needs to be at for the regular season, and non one plays. Most decisions on the roster have been made by then.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
yeah true but its not worth the injury risks involved imo.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that actually sounds like a very solid plan... Plus it makes sure a team doesn't have an extra home game to bolster their record and a chance for the NFL to export it's game.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

it would be cool for teams with the same overall to vs each other to see which team goes to the playoffs
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote