Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
1.) NFC Championship: Giants at Green Bay: 23-20, 641 yards of total offense.
2.) What casual fan goes to the Superbowl?
1) no run defense
2) a huge majority of people at the game are there because their company got tickets or celebs are there because it's a social event. also, I wasnt talking about people going to the game but people causally watching it. there are a huge majority of people who watch not caring who wins but if it's boring they're not going to.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
1) no run defense
2) a huge majority of people at the game are there because their company got tickets or celebs are there because it's a social event. also, I wasnt talking about people going to the game but people causally watching it. there are a huge majority of people who watch not caring who wins but if it's boring they're not going to.
I dont recall either team running that well.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) no run defense
That's not true at all. There was only 164 yards rushing combined in that game.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
That's not true at all. There was only 164 yards rushing combined in that game.
I could have sworn that Ryan Grant had a good day. I might be thinking of the GB-Seattle game. I thought it was snowing during that one.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best (or at least most memorable) games are played in poor weather. There's the Snow Bowl in 2001 with Raiders and Patriots, the game this year in the Giants and Packers and so many more. I find that my favorite playoff games are often the divisional or championship games for the simple reason that they are often played against the elements just as much as they are played against the other team. I love it. It's a part of football and I think it should be a part of the Super Bowl as well. I would love to see them bring a Super Bowl to Chicago or New York in early February. It would be absolutely awesome. Football is the only game that you see actually played in the elements--basketball is indoors and baseball is played in the summer months and if it's even drizzling the game is postponed. It is not right that the biggest stage of the whole sport doesn't share in this unique feature.

P.S. I abhor indoor games--it just isn't natural to play NFL football on turf and with a roof overhead.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could have sworn that Ryan Grant had a good day. I might be thinking of the GB-Seattle game. I thought it was snowing during that one.
Seattle he went for over 200, New York he got 29.