Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Best Division?
AFC NORTH 47 75.81%
AFC EAST 1 1.61%
AFC WEST 1 1.61%
NFC NORTH 9 14.52%
NFC WEST 2 3.23%
NFC SOUTH 2 3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 3rd Best Division in the NFL

Ok, so while the NFC East and the AFC south battle it out in the other thread, who is the next best?
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gotta go with AFC North
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same, I like the AFC North
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, maybe I'm bias, but I'll say AFC North at this point.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC North for me too. Both Pittsburg and Cleveland had decent years and will this year also. I really expect Baltimore to improve even if the QB (Flacco or Smith) has a so-so year. I'm afraid the the Bengals may be in for a rough year.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is not supposed to be homerish, but i am gonna go with the NFC North. I think the Steelers have their divison in the box seat, with the Browns a lil bit behind and I am not sold on the Ravens making a comeback just yet.

I just think that the NFC North is one of the hardest to predict. Granted people write-off the Lions, but they were beasting it at one stage last year. The Bears are made out to be a bit of a joke despite being NFC champs not long ago, and when healthy on D they can be hard to beat despite a lackluster offense. The Packers and Vikings are a proven QB from being superbowl contenders. The Vikes are the best on the ground both ways and have improved the arial oute both ways. The Pack have a great all round D with only a couple potential issues in the secondary. Rodgers could transition well and he has a lot of toys and a good oline to keep him on his feet. Grant was great at the back end of last year, but will need to prove he is not another one-year wonder.

Just my opinion.
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC North hands down.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

WinslowEdwards19 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AFC North.. Sorry broseph.. But the NFC North isn't really that good at all
Old 05-29-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
This is not supposed to be homerish, but i am gonna go with the NFC North. I think the Steelers have their divison in the box seat, with the Browns a lil bit behind and I am not sold on the Ravens making a comeback just yet.

I just think that the NFC North is one of the hardest to predict. Granted people write-off the Lions, but they were beasting it at one stage last year. The Bears are made out to be a bit of a joke despite being NFC champs not long ago, and when healthy on D they can be hard to beat despite a lackluster offense. The Packers and Vikings are a proven QB from being superbowl contenders. The Vikes are the best on the ground both ways and have improved the arial oute both ways. The Pack have a great all round D with only a couple potential issues in the secondary. Rodgers could transition well and he has a lot of toys and a good oline to keep him on his feet. Grant was great at the back end of last year, but will need to prove he is not another one-year wonder.

Just my opinion.
I won't disagree with you as there can be an argument made, but saying it is one of the hardest to predict doesn't help. So may be the NFC West, doesn't make it good.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehhh its a close call. The problem with the NFC North now is QB issues. QB is so important and its a questionmark for every team pretty much in the division. There is a lot of talent elsewhere in the division just not really at QB. Pit/Cincy are set at QB and possibly Cleveland(one more year for Anderson to convince me personally). Plus they have a lot of other talent too just like the North, except for Cincy on defense. The Ravens still have a ton of talent too(they are just an enigma that doesn't live up to it).

NFC North is second best division in the NFC though.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking over that list none of those divisions are really that good but i would probably go with the AFC north.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say AFC North just because the top 2 teams are playoff teams, or teams very close to the playoffs, which the Steelers leading the way...Cincy while they are in a debacle right now still have a great QB at the helm and that always increases your chances, and the Ravens even though they have a new QB, if he can play similiar to the way Big Ben did when he took over, they will surprise people...Their defense is still a force when healthy, and they are one of the most talented units out there...So the only team that doesn't have a solid QB option has a great defense, thats pretty solid top to bottom.

NFC North does have alot of talent, but as was already said, too much uncertainty from the QB position with alot of teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol i voted NFC north as a joke but apparently it's 2nd right now...
Old 05-29-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No contest. Lol do we get a 4th best div thread?
Old 05-29-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC South
NFC East
AFC North
NFC North
AFC West
AFC East
NFC West
NFC South

Last edited by GB12 : 05-29-2008 at 06:52 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put the NFC South above the West

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All good and well but a tough league kinda means a competitive league as well and you can't call it a good league just because the pats are in the afc east, c'mon the bills, the jets and the dolphins are probably all among the top 8 worst teams in the league, the only way the division is usefull is to see which play-off position the pats will start with.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about the AFCN is that the teams are so physical. Even when the teams aren't the best its tough to play the Ravens/Steelers/ and yes even the Brownies every year. Its a battle every game even though the Steelers have been coming out on top more often than not.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

WinslowEdwards19 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
The thing about the AFCN is that the teams are so physical. Even when the teams aren't the best its tough to play the Ravens/Steelers/ and yes even the Brownies every year. Its a battle every game even though the Steelers have been coming out on top more often than not.
You act as if the Browns are a joke.. Even when we aren't good we still manage to beat the Bengals at least once a year.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowEdwards19 View Post
You act as if the Browns are a joke.. Even when we aren't good we still manage to beat the Bengals at least once a year.
Relax killer, he basically said that in his post...

Quote:
What he's saying is no matter the records when the AFCN plays each other its pretty hard to determine who's going to win the game.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote