Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Let me clear something up. If you are rooting against the Saints you don't have a soul. It's that simple.
Go to hell man. What did the Saints do for the city of New Orleans? They got the hell outta there, and half of them wanted to move to San Antonio. Are Reggie Bush and Sean Payton so mentally and physically impressive that they can rebuild a hurricane ravaged city by themselves? What are the Saints doing for the tons of people who still don't have homes? Payton stole coach of the year from Mangini, but their luck runs out on Sunday.
Exactly, again I'm sick and tired of hearing about Katrina and "America's Team."

I heard Jim Grey say, "Everyone not a Bear fan should be pulling for the Saints on Sunday."

Why? Because their city had a catastrophe in which our own governement didn't help out when it happened? Please, you know Chicago is playing for a city as well, the city of Chicago. They're playing for fans as well. People are acting like this team and these players are the saviors of New Orleans.

I'm just fed up with the destiny crap. It's a heartwarming story, it really is, but enough is enough. And as a Bear fan who has to listen to it every goddamn day, it really frustrates me.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:
Let me clear something up. If you are rooting against the Saints you don't have a soul. It's that simple.
Go to hell man. What did the Saints do for the city of New Orleans? They got the hell outta there, and half of them wanted to move to San Antonio. Are Reggie Bush and Sean Payton so mentally and physically impressive that they can rebuild a hurricane ravaged city by themselves? What are the Saints doing for the tons of people who still don't have homes? Payton stole coach of the year from Mangini, but their luck runs out on Sunday.
Exactly, again I'm sick and tired of hearing about Katrina and "America's Team."

I heard Jim Grey say, "Everyone not a Bear fan should be pulling for the Saints on Sunday."

Why? Because their city had a catastrophe in which our own governement didn't help out when it happened? Please, you know Chicago is playing for a city as well, the city of Chicago. They're playing for fans as well. People are acting like this team and these players are the saviors of New Orleans.

I'm just fed up with the destiny crap. It's a heartwarming story, it really is, but enough is enough. And as a Bear fan who has to listen to it every goddamn day, it really frustrates me.
I hope you will be able to beat the Saints. I don't want to hear this crap during the gap between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears D will come back and slow the Saints offense. Grossman has a pretty good game.

Bears 23
Saints 13

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints have a very young team, that could hurt them.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hope you will be able to beat the Saints. I don't want to hear this crap during the gap between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.
I really support and admire the Saints organization. They've been through tough times this past decade on the field and it's great to see two bottom dwellers of the 1990's in the NFC Championship Game. And I also support their fans a lot. Especially on this board. Guys like Geo, diabsoule, flyboy, and Saints#1 fan are the epitamy of class, and as much as our fans deserve to go to the SB, they deserve the exact same thing.

But please, keep this about football. Chicago is playing as much for their fans as New Orleans is. The Bears want to lead their fans back to the SB for the first time in 20 years. So dont' tell me New Orleans is the only team playing for something.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you though last year with Jerome Bettis and Detroit was bad? This year all you'll hear is Hurricane Katrina, Coach of the Year, Reggie Bush, Hurricane Katrina, Reggie Bush, HURRICANE KATRINA, REGGIE BUSH!

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Old 01-15-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you though last year with Jerome Bettis and Detroit was bad? This year all you'll hear is Hurricane Katrina, Coach of the Year, Reggie Bush, Hurricane Katrina, Reggie Bush, HURRICANE KATRINA, REGGIE BUSH!
You forgot about Drew Brees HD.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I hope Chicago is as icy, cold and hostile as possible. The thought of listening to that is horrible.

sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I hope Chicago is as icy, cold and hostile as possible. The thought of listening to that is horrible.
No ice, snow, or sleet is predicted for this Sunday, just very cold whether. I think they predicted mid 20's to low 30's.

Quote:
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see the future!!!

Robbie Gould is the hero again. Bears-27 Saints-24

By the way, they should just rename it Hurricane Reggie to save energy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I can see the future!!!

Robbie Gould is the hero again. Bears-27 Saints-24

By the way, they should just rename it Hurricane Reggie to save energy.
I like the way I said it better, see sig quote.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This poll is a joke. 40-16? Are people forgetting the Bears lost one totally meaningless game in the NFC? The Saints are totally beatable. If the Bears can get up early (which they can) the Saints will totally abandon the run, which they do against a lot of good teams. And when you become one dimensional, you're not going to win a lot of games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
This poll is a joke. 40-16? Are people forgetting the Bears lost one totally meaningless game in the NFC? The Saints are totally beatable. If the Bears can get up early (which they can) the Saints will totally abandon the run, which they do against a lot of good teams. And when you become one dimensional, you're not going to win a lot of games.
Eh whatever, I too thought this poll would be a lot closer than it is right now. Oh well, we'll see on Sunday.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As much as I want the Saints to win and go to the Superbowl after Hurricane Katrina, I have the Bears. There at home and the Saints will fall by a couple points.

Bears 24 Saints 21

Robbie Gould does it again.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh it's going to be sweet when we beat the bears. 8)

it really irks me, to what i am seeing in this thread about my team.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I'm picking the Saints, their defense is playing good enough and the Bears D got pushed around all day against the an offensive line that is a notch below the Saints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67

Why? If you were in our shoes you'd be tired of it too. I'm sorry but this "team of destiny" crap has to stop, it really does.

It really irks me to hear the media talking about the Saints but not the Bears. It irks me to think that we don't even matter in this game. It irks me to hear the media acting like the Saints are the only ones playing for their fans and for their city.

I feel sorry for the city of New Orleans and the victims of Katrina, but but the players have not rebuilt any houses, they have not given anyone free tickets to the game, etc...

Take a look at the poll dude, if anyone should be mad it should be Bear fans, but we could really care less. We know we can win this game and we think we will win this game.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Quote:

Why? If you were in our shoes you'd be tired of it too. I'm sorry but this "team of destiny" crap has to stop, it really does.

It really irks me to hear the media talking about the Saints but not the Bears. It irks me to think that we don't even matter in this game. It irks me to hear the media acting like the Saints are the only ones playing for their fans and for their city.

I feel sorry for the city of New Orleans and the victims of Katrina, but but the players have not rebuilt any houses, they have not given anyone free tickets to the game, etc...

Take a look at the poll dude, if anyone should be mad it should be Bear fans, but we could really care less. We know we can win this game and we think we will win this game.

Reggie Bush and Drew Brees are heralded, yet their contracts amount to 110$ Million. Which shows the gross inequality in the economy. Could you imagine what could be done with even half of that money to "rebuild" New Orleans? :roll:

Old 01-15-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink

I'm taking the Bears. I think Rex will look like he did at the start of the season against this defense.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

id like for saints to win

but they wont

23-19
Old 01-15-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Reggie Bush and Drew Brees are heralded, yet their contracts amount to 110$ Million. Which shows the gross inequality in the economy. Could you imagine what could be done with even half of that money to "rebuild" New Orleans? :roll:
But the Saints players will be looked at as saviors. I'm sure they're all nice guys but they are getting waaay too much praise IMO. Whatever though, I hope we prove everyone wrong on Sunday because no matter what the line is in Vegas, we're the underdogs in this game.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

well deal with it with the saints and media coverage about it..it is what it is.

and no if i was another fan of a team, i would still pull for the saints..after what the team had to go through and the city...no-brainer.

and yes they have rebuilded houses, stadiums, and so on...you have to follow the local coverage though. they are also rebuilding the people, city's spirit...which for some local natives is more important. and they have given free tickets to victims...Scott Fujita (our LB) gave tickets away for the Giants game.

the people have their own opinion on who will win...whats wrong with the saints winning and not 'da bears'?? obviously they see who might be the better team. and obviously you guys care if you won' stop talking about the saints.

PS- your sick of the saints?? I live in Wisconsin...and i'm sick of how alot of radio guys here and fans think 'da bears' are the cream and crop of the NFC.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink

You can't say if you were a Bears fan you would be pulling for the Saints. That's complete bull.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

well deal with it with the saints and media coverage about it..it is what it is.

and no if i was another fan of a team, i would still pull for the saints..after what the team had to go through and the city...no-brainer.

and yes they have rebuilded houses, stadiums, and so on...you have to follow the local coverage though. they are also rebuilding the people, city's spirit...which for some local natives is more important. and they have given free tickets to victims...Scott Fujita (our LB) gave tickets away for the Giants game.

the people have their own opinion on who will win...whats wrong with the saints winning and not 'da bears'?? obviously they see who might be the better team. and obviously you guys care if you won' stop talking about the saints.

PS- your sick of the saints?? I live in Wisconsin...and i'm sick of how alot of radio guys here and fans think 'da bears' are the cream and crop of the NFC.
We've been the cream of the crop of the NFC all season long dude, we went undefeated against the NFC this season (I don't count the Green Bay loss).

You are cocky IMO about this game. You think you're just going to roll over us without a problem? If you think that, you're sorely mistaken my friend. Shows me that you don't respect us as an opponent.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but the Bears and the Saints are very closely matched up.

Quote: