Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.
Default Brian Dawkins vs. Ed Reed: Who is the best FS in the league?

I'm a huge fan of Dawkins myself but Reed seems to get to the ball everytime it's thrown. It's a real tough toss-up for me and I honestly can't decide who is better. What do you guys think?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed Reed plays or at least linesup at SS for the Ravens, but either way Ed Reed is the best safety in the NFL.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on what you qualify as "best." Either way, they're both very special players, and I think it would be unfair to the other one to call one of them the "best."
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Damnit, I meant to have it just say "S" and not "FS". Can a mod fix that?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Two different styles, very different. Dawkins is more of an intimidating force that will cause players to hesitate when they are around him....while Reed is more of a playmaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Two different styles, very different. Dawkins is more of an intimidating force that will cause players to hesitate when they are around him....while Reed is more of a playmaker.
Reed can bring the pain when he hits also, he just has a slimmer frame then Dawkins.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-16-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink

Quote:
basicaly cant add anything else now lol.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is also a huge age difference. Dawkins is 33, while Reed is in his mid 20's and is in his prime. You can't really compare them because they are at different stages of their careers. They also play in significantly different schemes.

I would take Dawkins in his prime due to his all around intimidation, but I'm a bit of a homer there. I can't vote, though, because Reed is fantastic.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
There is also a huge age difference. Dawkins is 33, while Reed is in his mid 20's and is in his prime. You can't really compare them because they are at different stages of their careers. They also play in significantly different schemes.

I would take Dawkins in his prime due to his all around intimidation, but I'm a bit of a homer there. I can't vote, though, because Reed is fantastic.
Reed is actually 28 so he is not as young as some think.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-16-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I couldn't pick which one is the better one, having either one on my Defence would be a massive boost to it and a real addittion.

Both are very special players who play at a consistently high level every time. Like I said, for me it would be a flip of a coin.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
Quote:
Reed can bring the pain when he hits also, he just has a slimmer frame then Dawkins.
Dawkins is 10 times more physical than Reed....and thats now with a 5 year difference.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 01-16-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Brian Dawkins, he is number two, but Ed Reed is the best in the league.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

And by the way....the Eagles hater that I am...I have a ton of respect for Dawkins and the way he plays. Laron Landry reminds me of a young Dawkins, hence why I have been all about him since 2004.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 01-16-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
And by the way....the Eagles hater that I am...I have a ton of respect for Dawkins and the way he plays. Laron Landry reminds me of a young Dawkins, hence why I have been all about him since 2004.
Dawan Landry is way better than LaRon Landry. 8)

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-16-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Wilson is the most complete safety in the league

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axtcDLC_qdo

Best highlight reel EVER

Old 01-16-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz
I disagree, call me a homer but Ed Reed is the most complete, he is the best cover safety and he hits harder than anyone gives him credit for, plus he is a leader!!

Polamalu is also a better and more complete safety than Wilson. I do think Wilson gets looked over by alot of people because he plays for the Cardinals and people forget about him. Wilson is a top 10 safety in the NFL no doubt.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-16-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axtcDLC_qdo

Best highlight reel EVER
I've seen that before; it's freaking awesome.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Quote:
Dawan Landry is way better than LaRon Landry. 8)
stat wise its going to be incredibly hard to match Dawan's rookie season for Laron
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz
I'm going to disagree on that one. Reed is more complete and I'd take him over any safety in the NFL.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

My Safety rankings;

1. Ed Reed
2. Brian Dawkins
3. Adrian Wilson
4. Bob Sanders
5. Troy Polamalu

Old 01-16-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
My Safety rankings;

1. Ed Reed
2. Brian Dawkins
3. Adrian Wilson
4. Bob Sanders
5. Troy Polamalu
Where's Kerry Rhodes?!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

He was close, but I just couldn't put him in over Polamalu.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year it was Reed or Polamalu. Now its Dawkins or Reed. I say that Polamamlu is better then Dawkins, but Reed is the best safety in the league. Here is a better question, who is the better player in the secondary?

Ed Reed or Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Ed Reed plays or at least linesup at SS for the Ravens, but either way Ed Reed is the best safety in the NFL.
QFT