Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm saying, I would do it all over again given how talented our first 3 guys were. They drafted 3 guys of 1st round talent. It's turned out terrible but I don't place the blame on the organization (oddly enough).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya that was pretty much a string of bad luck. Ya you could cite the character concerns with Odell and Chris but I think in both situations that risk was worth it at the time. The one I am most sore about is David Pollack, a guy with those kind of skills and intangibles doesn't come around very often and it saddens me that he lost his chance by injury. Would've really liked to have seen him play out his career here in Cincy. Don't think I've ever been that excited for a draft pick in my life.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:25 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I guess I'm saying, I would do it all over again given how talented our first 3 guys were. They drafted 3 guys of 1st round talent. It's turned out terrible but I don't place the blame on the organization (oddly enough).
I see what your sayin. It really is a shame though. All three were incredibly talented guys. I have always loved Thurman and Pollack. Never was that big on Henry. Always thought he was super ugly. HAHAH. But Pollack and Thurman I thought would revive the defense...and they almost did. At the time I dont think we could have drafted any better than we did.

On a bright note at least the 06 and 07 drafts are looking alright. Joseph and Peko in the 06 draft were great picks. Wish Rucker could step up and be more of a presence. 07 got us Hall, Ndukwe, and White...Im happy about that. Irons is looking bad because of Injures but so is Perry from 04. If Perry steps up and plays great then the 04 draft will be looking really nice with Geathers and Andrews. THough I solidly believe andrews will be going to philly.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have to keep in mind though, the character concerns were well documented for guys like Thurman and Henry before the draft, they took note of each one in most of the reviews immediately after, so you do have to put some on the organization...Character concerns are what made Lofa be picked before Thurman, and what kept Henry out of the 1st, and you see the positives and negatives...You get alot of talent, but you get the off field baggage with them, so for those two you can't really say its a surprise....The surpriseis Pollack, which is really sad, and he was a 1st rounder, no way you can predict those things...But for the latter, when you draft guys with well documented character concerns, these are the risk you take when selecting these guys, there were reasons other teams passed on them...Just sucks they didn't realize their talent and opportunity because both guys were some of the best young guys at their respective positions and should be your team strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither had been in much for off field trouble, Odell was some bar fight and Henry didn't get along with his coaches. Now obviously they weren't church boys but no one would've though Henry would be the idiot he is and Odell was never really that bad... Just screwed up in missing the tests and then the DUI.

I would still do it all over again if it was there.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it is in the books! The Bengals did not do the wrong thing in cutting Odell. He did indeed break the substance abuse policy. This is pitiful on Thurman's part. He had so much potential but wasted it all...
Old 06-06-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Well it is in the books! The Bengals did not do the wrong thing in cutting Odell. He did indeed break the substance abuse policy. This is pitiful on Thurman's part. He had so much potential but wasted it all...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3429624

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

He really deserves to be kicked out permanently. Three Strikes and your out. He is wasting a great opportunity and doesnt deserve another chance ever!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ahhh.... Don't I look good for once for not criticizing the coaching staff.

I knew there had to be more to it.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ahhh.... Don't I look good for once for not criticizing the coaching staff.

I knew there had to be more to it.
You and me both m8!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprised by this in the least. I wanted to believe he had turned a new leaf with his lifestyle but he obviously did not do that. The team did what they had to with him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't get right part duex....

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote