Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 05-15-2008, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Sam Madison starts for the Giants. At least the first half of the year. The guy still has a little left in the tank. He is still a solid starter in the league.

Also I'm not sure how the Giants safeties are going to look. I wouldn't assume James Butler is a starter. He was an RFA and was given a one year tender, so this could very well be his last season as a Giant. I'm not even sure if they will play Phillips at FS or SS although they are basically interchangeable in our system. If I had to guess right now I'd say Sammy Knight and James Butler start the season. But Phillips will be in there sooner than later and Michael Johnson looked good last year when given opportunities.

I don't think anyone's position as a starter is relatively safe on defense. Giants have done a good job retooling through the draft and there at a point now where some rookies or second year players are probably just as good as the guys who have been starting there for a few years.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I woudl like to see Phillips play some this year. The Eagles Safety spots are also more fluid than most schemes, that is one thing that Steve Spagnolo got from Jim Johnson. The SS and FS are a little more contrasting in the Eagles scheme, but I think it is a concept that Spags liked and built upon it.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillips will play this year. He might start the season, but if not he will be in there shortly after.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Or Moyal

Quote:
Barber, Canty, Hamlin, Newman, and TO are all due for new deals this year.
Of those guys, who is going to re-sign?
It's way too early to say. If I had to make a prediction, though, I'd say TO gets a new deal sometime this offseason, TNew gets franchised, Hamlin gets a contract this offseason for something like 4y/22 mil, and Barber gets paid Michael Turner money by some other franchise.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Or Moyal

Canty will probably be back as well, if only because he isn't quite as recognized acros the league yet.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think the Boys are trying to re-sign Barber? To be honest, he would be my #1 priority, followed by Hamlin and Newman. The others, I would have to see how negotiations go, but TO would also be high up there if I were the Boys.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Or Moyal

TO is back, no question. Our receiving corps without him is totally shot; the guy plays NOTHING like his age and should be good for a couple of more years without difficulty.
Barber is my favorite player in the NFL; believe me, the entire Cowboys community would like nothing more than to bring him back. But I get the feeling that Felix and Choice make him expendable if he wants to be paid 7 mil a year. You don't pay a part-time back that, sentimentality and true love aside. You can't afford to in this day and age.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Barber probably won't be back in Dallas, he thinks he is worth top money and Dallas can't pay everyone. With the drafting of Jones and Choice the Cowboys can afford to let him go, but they would love to have him back.

Canty will be back in the Big D.

Hamlin will go back, but someone will have to be cut to make room for Hamlin's salary if he makes it to the Pro-Bowl again. (Maybe Roy Williams)

Newman is most likely back to the 'boys but I wouldn't be suprised if he isn't. If Jenkins, Scandrick, Pac-Man and Henry play well he is expendable. Dallas loves this guy though.

TO will stay, Jerry Jones loves him and TO loves the Cowboys.

That is what my opinion as an Eagles fan is.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber is not going anywhere, this reminds me of when we didn't sign Romo before the season and everyone kept thinking maybe we let him get away, these deals don't have to be done asap, its better that way but they don't always work out that way...He is going to be signed point blank, I don't see any scenario with him not coming back for the long term...I think T New is the guy who doesn't get a huge contract out the bunch, if we can get a best case scenarios from our corners we would be fine, and I expect him to be tagged next year.

Hamlin and Barber are priority guys, just seems like people want Barber to go elsewhere, before people swore he was being traded away, now were not going to sign him, its always something..Jerry has every intention of signing him, just because they don't get worked out immediately doesn't mean much in this day and age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Barber is not going anywhere, this reminds me of when we didn't sign Romo before the season and everyone kept thinking maybe we let him get away, these deals don't have to be done asap, its better that way but they don't always work out that way...He is going to be signed point blank, I don't see any scenario with him not coming back for the long term.
Except Romo plays QB and Barber RB. With an oline like that the boys don't need a great RB in there. If Choice and Jones play well I don't see a reason for dallas to spend too much cap room on a RB.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Except Romo plays QB and Barber RB. With an oline like that the boys don't need a great RB in there. If Choice and Jones play well I don't see a reason for dallas to spend too much cap room on a RB.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I highly doubt you are in a position to make theses sort of decisions for the Cowboys. We all know Jerry Jones doesn't exactly do what everyone expects, so he very wello may take up that type of cap room.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
1) Eagles
2) Cowboys (Even though both safeties should not have been in the PB and RW should not even start on an NFL team)
3) Redskins
4) Giants
those are my rankings too.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...att&id=3410945

intresting story on Roy Williams
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Told you guys to stop overreacting about Barber...It would be plain stupid to let him go and start two rookies on a team who wants to go to the super bowl...Yes we could of saved money, but were not trying to rebuild so we don't need the cap space that bad, as I was saying just like the Romo situation, people always assume guys are gonna walk if they don't sign immediately.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but I highly doubt you are in a position to make theses sort of decisions for the Cowboys. We all know Jerry Jones doesn't exactly do what everyone expects, so he very wello may take up that type of cap room.
I think I am psychic:D!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Actually that move was something people should expect from Jerry, he always pays his guy that were drafted and turn out to be studs, and never lets them walk...Only people who might have been surprised are people from the outside, or eaglesfan45.

I never understood the people that think we should be relying on two rookies at RB even though we are trying to make the super bowl, yea that makes alot of sense...Lets just be cheap and save the cap room so we can put all our eggs in the rookie basket, just never made sense.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2008, 06:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't understand that line of thinking either. Here is how I see it, which is probably also how you see it. If you already know what you have is great, why just blow that opportunity for continued greatness to take a chance that one or two of those replacements COULD be great. Big risk there, which is one of the many reasons I value experience immensely. Another thing is, even IF one of those replacements turns into something great, you will either have to pay them the big bucks or let them go anyway, so the way I see it, yo should just go with what you know is great and quit taking chance on somethink that might be great. By the way, eaglesfan 45 isn't someone that is as knowledgeable as he thinks he is.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I don't understand that line of thinking either. Here is how I see it, which is probably also how you see it. If you already know what you have is great, why just blow that opportunity for continued greatness to take a chance that one or two of those replacements COULD be great. Big risk there, which is one of the many reasons I value experience immensely. Another thing is, even IF one of those replacements turns into something great, you will either have to pay them the big bucks or let them go anyway, so the way I see it, yo should just go with what you know is great and quit taking chance on somethink that might be great. By the way, eaglesfan 45 isn't someone that is as knowledgeable as he thinks he is.

Your correct in that line of thinking, if we were in the situation we were awhile back and picking in the top 10 we would of let Barber walk more then likely, as of now it just wouldn't of made sense in the situation we are in...I never expected him to leave, I just hope Felix is good for a solid 10 carries a game the better he is between the tackles the more he can play...And whether its argued on if he is an all game back, I can't complain about having him fresh for the 4th quarter...But even those earlier rumors for McFadden I felt were bogus for the same reasons, you don't put the fate of your offense in a rookies hand unless you have to, and we would of had a stable full of rookies if we let Barber go.

Quote:
Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Your correct in that line of thinking, if we were in the situation we were awhile back and picking in the top 10 we would of let Barber walk more then likely, as of now it just wouldn't of made sense in the situation we are in...I never expected him to leave, I just hope Felix is good for a solid 10 carries a game the better he is between the tackles the more he can play...And whether its argued on if he is an all game back, I can't complain about having him fresh for the 4th quarter...But even those earlier rumors for McFadden I felt were bogus for the same reasons, you don't put the fate of your offense in a rookies hand unless you have to, and we would of had a stable full of rookies if we let Barber go.
I never really bought into those rumors either, I just thought that it was someone in the media had an idea about, and thought that the connection woudl be there, so it makes a good story.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
The funny thing is that you are almost as bad as him. How anyone has Roy Williams ranked the 4th best safety in the division or even considers him a starter in the NFL is beyond me, it makes me question how much you know about football. And just like Amerker you refer to Reed Doughty as " Rees Doughty" so that makes me wonder if you even know who he really is and whether or not your comments are valid.
Damn, I'm glad the Zorn hiring hasn't affected your sense of humor...

If Lito stays, I actually think the Eagles have the best secondary. On paper, I like the Cowboys best, but their performance overall as a unit is still questionable, particularly due to the fact that Roy gave up the deep passes.

But Roy Williams is not a bad safety, and I can easily see why he starts. He's bad in coverage and I don't think he was a Pro Bowl caliber player, but nonetheless, still a starter for a reason.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote