Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2008-2009 Season

Now that the majority of the important off-season activities are done, lets focus on the upcoming season. For starters, what do you think the depth chart after the cut will be?

I think:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger - Charlie Batch - Dennis Dixon
HB: Willie Parker - Rashard Mendenhall - Gary Russell - Mewelde Moore
FB: Carey Davis
LT: Marvel Smith - Trai Essex - Tony Hills
LG: Chris Kemoeatu - Sean Mahan
C: Justin Hartwig - Darnell Stapleton - Sean Mahan - Greg Warren
RG: Kendall Simmons - Sean Mahan
RT: Willie Colon - Max Starks - Jason Capizzi
TE: Heath Miller - Matt Spaeth
WR: Hines Ward - Limas Sweed - Dallas Baker
WR: Santonio Holmes - Nate Washington

LE: Aaron Smith - Ryan McBean - Kyle Clement
DT: Casey Hampton - Chris Hoke - Kyle Clement
RE: Brett Keisel - Travis Kirschke - Kyle Clement
LOLB: LaMarr Woodley - Arnold Harrison
MLB: James Farrior - Keyaron Fox - Mike Humpal
MLB: Lawrence Timmons - Larry Foote
ROLB: James Harrison - Bruce Davis
LCB: Ike Taylor - William ***
SS: Troy Polamalu - Ryan Mundy
FS: Ryan Clark - Anthony Smith
RCB: Deshea Townsend - Bryant McFadden

K: Jeff Reed
P: Daniel Sepulveda
KR/PR: Mewelde Moore - Nate Washington - Santonio Holmes
LS: Greg Warren

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'll look something like this

Offense

QB: Ben Roethlisberger -> Charlie Batch -> Dennis Dixon
RB: Willie Parker -> Rashard Mendenhall -> Gary Russell -> Mewelde Moore
WR: Hines Ward -> Limas Sweed -> Dallas Baker
LT: Marvel Smith -> Tony Hill -> Trai Essex
LG: Chris Kemoetu -> Willie Colon
C: Justin Hartwig -> Sean Hahan
RG: Kendall Simmons -> Willie Colon
RT: Max Starks -> Jason Cappizi
TE: Heath Miller -> Matt Spaeth -> Cody Boyd
Wr: Santonio Holmes -> Nate Washington

Defense

DE: Aaron Smith -> Nick Eason -> Ryan Mcbean
DT: Casey Hampton -> Chris Hoke
DE: Brett Keisel -> Travis Kirschke
ROLB: James Harrison -> Bruce Davis
RILB: Larry Foote -> Lawrence Timmons -> Keyaron Fox
LILB: James Farrior -> Mike Humbal
LOLB: Lamarr Woodley -> Bruce Davis
CB:Ike Taylor -> Will G.ay
CB: Deshea Townsend -> Bryant McFadden
FS: Anthony Smith -> Ryan Clark
SS: Troy Polamalu -> Tyrone Carter -> Ryan Mundy

Special teams

P: Dan Sepulveda
KR/PR: Mewelde Moore
Old 05-04-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Clement goes on the PS for a year or two to get adapted to this type of speed of the game. I wouldnt be suprised if McBean goes onto the PS as well and Paxon makes the club as a back up.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/49036

I hope that's true. I really wanted 'Booger' to sign with us a few weeks ago, but sadly it didn't happen. If you read the comments, one says:

"Booger's been on the backburner since he failed his physcial. There was/is a rumor out there that there's a Gentleman's agreement between him and Tomlin (his former coach) that the team will sign him if/when he can pass his physical. That should be some time this summer. He's a quality DT when healthy."

I still think he would be a great pick-up.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

I hope that's true. I really wanted 'Booger' to sign with us a few weeks ago, but sadly it didn't happen. If you read the comments, one says:

"Booger's been on the backburner since he failed his physcial. There was/is a rumor out there that there's a Gentleman's agreement between him and Tomlin (his former coach) that the team will sign him if/when he can pass his physical. That should be some time this summer. He's a quality DT when healthy."

yeah i agree he would a good pick up for us. Hopefully he can get healthy and stay that way.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Who do you guys think would be a better pick-up, Grady Jackson or 'Booger' McFarland? I would personally prefer 'Booger', but Jackson is a mammoth against the run.

And do you think Shane Olivea would be a good pick-up for the O-line?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My depth chart:

QB: Ben Roethlisburger/ Charlie Batch/ Dennis Dixon
RB: Willie Parker/ Rashard Mendenhall/ Gary Russell/ Mwelde Moore
WR: Hines Ward/ Santonio Holmes/ Limas Sweed/ Nate Washington/ Dallas Baker
TE: Heath Miller/ Matt Spaeth/ John Dekker
LT: Marvel Smith/ Tony Hills/ Trai Essex
LG: Chris Kemoeatu/ Sean Mahan/ Doug Legurksy
C: Justin Hartwig/ Darnell Stapleton/ Doug Legursky
RG: Kendal Simmons/ Dough Legursky
Rt: Willie Colon/ Max Starks

DE: Aaron Smith/ Scott Paxson
DT: Casey Hampton/ Chris Hoke
DE: Brett Keisel/ Travis Kirschke
OLB: James Harrison/Bruce Davis
MLB: James Farrior/ Mike Humpal
MLB: Larry Foote/ Lawrence Timmons
OLB: LaMarr Woodley/ Keyaron Fox/ Andre Frazier
CB: Ike Taylor/ Deshea Townsend/ Bryant McFadden/ William ***/ Anthony Madison
FS: Ryan Clark/ Anthony Smith
SS: Troy Polamalu/ Ryan Mundy

KR: Mwelde Moore
PR: Mwelde Moore

PS:

DE Ryan McBean
OT Jason Capizzi
WR Micah Rucker
DL Kyle Clement
DL Jordan Reffett
CB/RS Travis Williams
LB Donovan Woods
Old 05-07-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put Eason over Paxson.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:17 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger ~ Charlie Batch ~ Dennis Dixon
RB: Willie Parker ~ Rashard Mendenhall ~ Gary Russell ~ Mewelde Moore
WR: Hines Ward ~ Santonio Holmes ~ Limas Sweed ~ Nate Washington ~ Dallas Baker
TE: Heath Miller ~ Matt Spaeth ~ Jon Dekker
LT: Marvel Smith ~ Tony Hills
LG: Chris Kemoeatu ~ Sean Mahan
C: Justin Hartwig ~ Darnell Stapleton
RG: Kendall Simmons ~ Trai Essex
RT: Willie Colon ~ Max Starks

LE: Aaron Smith ~ Nick Eason
NT: Casey Hampton ~ Chris Hoke
RE: Brett Kiesel ~ Travis Kirschke
LOLB: LaMarr Woodley ~ Bruce Davis
ILB: James Farrior ~ Keyaron Fox
ILB: Larry Foote ~ Lawrence Timmons
ROLB: James Harrison ~ Arnold Harrison
CB: Deshea Townsend ~ Ike Taylor ~ Bryant McFadden ~ William *** ~ Anthony Madison
FS: Ryan Clark ~ Anthony Smith
SS: Troy Polamalu ~ Tyrone Carter

KR: Mewelde Moore
PR: Mewelde Moore
Old 06-07-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
QB: Ben Roethlisberger ~ Charlie Batch ~ Dennis Dixon
RB: Willie Parker ~ Rashard Mendenhall ~ Gary Russell ~ Mewelde Moore
WR: Hines Ward ~ Santonio Holmes ~ Limas Sweed ~ Nate Washington ~ Dallas Baker
TE: Heath Miller ~ Matt Spaeth ~ Jon Dekker
LT: Marvel Smith ~ Tony Hills
LG: Chris Kemoeatu ~ Sean Mahan
C: Justin Hartwig ~ Darnell Stapleton
RG: Kendall Simmons ~ Trai Essex
RT: Willie Colon ~ Max Starks

LE: Aaron Smith ~ Nick Eason
NT: Casey Hampton ~ Chris Hoke
RE: Brett Kiesel ~ Travis Kirschke
LOLB: LaMarr Woodley ~ Bruce Davis
ILB: James Farrior ~ Keyaron Fox
ILB: Larry Foote ~ Lawrence Timmons
ROLB: James Harrison ~ Arnold Harrison
CB: Deshea Townsend ~ Ike Taylor ~ Bryant McFadden ~ William *** ~ Anthony Madison
FS: Ryan Clark ~ Anthony Smith
SS: Troy Polamalu ~ Tyrone Carter

KR: Mewelde Moore
PR: Mewelde Moore

do you think Foote will be able to hold off Timmons?
and is Fox a better pick than Humpal?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
do you think Foote will be able to hold off Timmons?
and is Fox a better pick than Humpal?
At least to start the season, which is what I was projecting. I haven't seen much of Fox or Humpal at this point, but I do not believe Humpal will make any sort of immediate impact.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

That was the rumor. Booger actually Passed his physical. When the doctor was asked:

"Yeah, he passed it. But it'd be like passing a class with a D-."

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
At least to start the season, which is what I was projecting. I haven't seen much of Fox or Humpal at this point, but I do not believe Humpal will make any sort of immediate impact.
I think Humpal will be Clint Kreidwaldt. The next ST's captain and a guy taht could contribute early.

Going into camp:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger -> Charlie Batch -> Dennis Dixon -> Jared Zabransky
RB: Willie Parker -> Rashard Mendenhall -> Mewelde Moore -> Najeh Davenport -> Gary Russell
FB: Carey Davis -> Billy Latsko
WR1: Hines Ward -> Nate Washington
WR2: Santonio Holmes -> Dallas Baker
WR3: Limas Sweed -> Willie Reid/Jeremy Bloom/Kevin Moore
TE: Heath Miller -> Matt Spaeth -> Jon Dekker -> Cody Boyd
LT: Marvel Smith -> Max Starks -> Trai Essex -> Tony Hills
LG: Chris Kemoeatu -> Sean Mahan
OC: Justin Hartwig -> Darnell Stapleton -> Doug Legursky
RG: Kendall Simmons -> Darnell Stapleton -> Matt Lentz -> Doug Legursky
RT: Willie Colon -> Max Starks -> Jason Capizzi

I'll do defense and my 53 later.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]