Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dual Runningbacks? the way to go?

interesting thing i noticed that all 4 teams left run with 2 runningbacks that both play a good amount of time

addai/rhodes
dillen/maroney
jones/benson
mcalister/bush

i saw it work to perfection against the ravens..... addai started the game and played the 1st 3 quarters..... then when they needed to kill time, they brought in the veteran rhodes who was fresh and he got some key first downs......

is this a start of a trend maybe? because surley it has worked

anyway i wanted to post this but never did, but then i found an article that talks about this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have really started to favor the 2 back system. I love what New England, Chicago, Indy, and New Orleans have done with the two backs. It seems as if the backs are fresher and less beat up on as the season goes on as their carries are lessened with the two back system. I think the key to the two back system is the fact that all four of the teams that are left have a vertern running back, and a rookie back with the exception of Benson in Chicago.

New England - Dillion (12 years)/ Maroney (Rookie)
Indianapolis - Rhodes (6 years)/ Addai (Rookie)
New Orleans - McAllister (6 years)/ Bush (Rookie)
Chicago - Jones (7 years)/ Benson (2 years)

I am definetly in favor of the two back system.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

almost forgot that last year, the steelers had a semi combo running tandem of the bus and parker..... and they won the superbowl........

but like you implied... it works better if you have a veteran who can hold onto the ball and a talented young back

Go Ravens!
Old 01-17-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

New England uses a 3 back system :)
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well look at the NFL rushing stats

At the top of the NFL we have
  • Atlanta
    San Diego
    Jacksonville
    Washington
    Tennessee

At the bottom of the nfl we have
  • Detroit
    Cleveland
    Arizona
    Oakland
    Tampa Bay

I would say the 2 back system is good. However if you have a chance to get an elite back like LT or LJ then you have to take him and don't worry about it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well you dont necessarily have to use a 2 back system where you have 2 backs of equal ability that get equal PT, but its very important to have a good backup at HB. Even if you have a pro-bowler at HB, its still important. Look at how effective Turner was behind LT this year.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take guys like LT, LJ, Tiki, Westbrook or any star RB anyday over a 2 back system
Old 01-17-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
I'd take guys like LT, LJ, Tiki, Westbrook or any star RB anyday over a 2 back system
i wouldnt, i would take maroney and dillon over those guys, maybe with the exception of LT
Old 01-17-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, its the trend right now. But it has yet to prove if it has staying power or not. I have yet to see the two back system effect the wins and losses of a team.
I suppose it depends on your personel. If you have an LT, LJ, or a guy of that stature, then I don't want to see them split carries. That would be stupid. If you have a few good guys and want to get the most from both, then the two back system would probably be the way to go.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2-back thing has been ok for Indy, but I believe the Colts' O is at its best when they have 1 feature RB.

That makes that play-action a more dangerous weapon.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Marion Barber III 24
Rookie

Marion Barber III 24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No love for MBIII and JJ :(
Marion Barber III 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Chiefs had both LJ and Priest it was not even fair for the other team.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rudi Johnson/Chris Perry is a sweet combo... Too bad Perry is never healthy.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Barber III 24
No love for MBIII and JJ :(
i was just mentioning teams that were in the championship round...... barber and jones make a great duo as well as jones-drew and taylor

Go Ravens!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is the 'ideal' situation. If you can, you do a rotation.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not like San Diego and Kansas City don't have great backup RBs. Michael Turner is a future pro bowler and Michael Bennett is a starter quality RB (injuries denied that though).

LT/Turner and LJ/Bennett are both way better than Dillon/Maroney or McAllister/Bush. It's not like LJ and LT are the only backs on their teams, they share some carries (albeit not as much as in NE or NO)
Old 01-17-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennett did nothing when given a shot at starting in Minny. The only tihng he has proven is track speed. He hasn't proven anything in the run game.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jaguars had a great two-back set this year.

Fred Taylor was the undisputed starter, but he was spelled by Drew, a guy who could be a undisputed starter in the right offense (The West Coast Offense to be precise--- one that gives him enough touches, but doesn't overuse him in the running game while honing on his receiving talent) in his own right.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Better for the Team. Keeps guys healthier. Fresh Legs more often....

I think im going with the two back tandem. But if I got LT he'll touch the ball 25 times a game atleast....

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

I like marion barber III and JJ
Old 01-17-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Caddy and Michael Pittman

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
addai/rhodes
dillen/maroney
jones/benson
mcalister/bush
With the top 3 rhodes, maroney and benson weren't drafted to do a rotation but soon be the sole starter. In a couple of years all of those will be the starter and I doubt we'll see a balanced rotation, excluding Bush.

I think its important to have some kind of rotation, even if its very uneven like 3-1 or 4-1 so you don't end up with LJ running to death.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection
Quote:
addai/rhodes
dillen/maroney
jones/benson
mcalister/bush
With the top 3 rhodes, maroney and benson weren't drafted to do a rotation but soon be the sole starter. In a couple of years all of those will be the starter and I doubt we'll see a balanced rotation, excluding Bush.

I think its important to have some kind of rotation, even if its very uneven like 3-1 or 4-1 so you don't end up with LJ running to death.
Like that would happen...

Wait...
Old 01-17-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
i thought he just didnt play
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
i thought he just didnt play
perry is a real good pass catcher........ he deserves a shot to start somewhere

Go Ravens!