Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 06-18-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson will play Justin Tuck's role for us.
Run down DL:
LE - Anderson
NT - Rashad Moore/Trey Lewis
UT - Babineaux/Moorehead
RE - Abraham

Pass down DL
LE - Abraham
NT - Babineaux
UT - Anderson
RE - Davis/Biermann

and I agree with D-Rod. if we're at 10 next year this HAS to be our draft:

1 - NT Al Woods (I think he explodes)
2 - RT Phil Loadholt

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh. If a DT establishes himself as good value at our spot, then we obviously have to go there.

Depending on Biermann's success this season, I think we might want to look at a small undersized pass rusher for passing downs.

I hope Anderson can succeed in a Tuck role.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

As for the WR issue, Crabtree is going to have to post up some good combine numbers and do well in the drills and such to be considered on the level as Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. Larry was extremely productive and had EVERYTHING but top end speed. He had great acceleration, great hands, great routes, great personality, great YAC. Crabtree doesnt have anything on Fitz in those categories except for YAC. I really like Crabtree once he has the ball in his hands.

Just watch Crabtree a few times this year. His stats will be amazing just because of that offense. I see him as a 4.5-4.55 type, but he's got very good acceleration, great hands, and is a YAC machine like no other. He's going to be a very similar prospect to Fitz.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, i completely agree, the best thing about Houston coming out last year was that he could completely shut down a player in man to man. That is a waste, and especially entering a scheme when TALL and physical corners with ONLY decent speed are needed.

I really thought of Sam Baker as a Guard in the NFL, but he could possibly make it. Oher would be a great pick but i dont think that its needed.

i really cant tell you when these players will be drafted because the season hasnt even started. I pretty much think DE should be your first pick.

DE-

Tyson Jackson- somehow he is available, this has to be the pick, pass rushers are always needed and make your overall defense better.

if not ill go with another end, Michael Johnson from Georgia tech, he reminds me alot of Gaines Adams, and if he's anything like him you'll get a great pass rusher and a mediocre run supporter. Still would help out alot.

Gregg Hardy and George Selvie are pretty good all around DE's so either one if they come out would be a great help.

2. Second pick Safety or Corner or Widereciever

Id look safety first mainly because they are really deep. And if Malcolm Jenkins somehow falls off, he's the perfect pick. Him and Houston if he plays CB would be a great young man to man duo.

As far as reciever, there are alot of good underclassmen, but your recieving group as a whole is decent, if you want that impact guy you will have to get him early.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Just watch Crabtree a few times this year. His stats will be amazing just because of that offense. I see him as a 4.5-4.55 type, but he's got very good acceleration, great hands, and is a YAC machine like no other. He's going to be a very similar prospect to Fitz.
I am going to hold you to this. Fitz is a pretty amazing Pro and was a great prospect. Crabtree is going to have to do alot to establish himself like that. I can see him topping Fitz in acceleration and YAC (cause Crabtree is a YAC beast), but nothing else.

I dont think we go DE unless Anderson is moved to a full time UT/DT role.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 06-18-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Nothing is official yet other then he will see some snaps at DT.
That's different from what people on here have been saying and sounds like a great idea. Anderson will be a stud if he get's his ass in gear and letting him rush from the inside will let him use his physical gifts better on passing downs.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

I think if you guys work on continuing to rebuild the Oline, then add a massive NT and situational pass rusher later on you'll be looking good. Defensive secondary is a big weakness right now but I'm a huge Houston fan and if you guys can upgrayedd the Dline I think you should go man to man and attack, Houston will hold up.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am going to hold you to this. Fitz is a pretty amazing Pro and was a great prospect. Crabtree is going to have to do alot to establish himself like that. I can see him topping Fitz in acceleration and YAC (cause Crabtree is a YAC beast), but nothing else.

I dont think we go DE unless Anderson is moved to a full time UT/DT role.

The big thing Fitz has on him is those insane catches he would make. Can't really hold that against Crabtree however. And I love Fitz, and Crabtree may not be as good.. but I think he will be very close.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Well, if ATL is in position to pick Oher, I say you have to pick him. Joe Thomas's impact was tremendous on CLE. I don't see Baker having that type of impact, but I do see Baker being a solid OL. Remember, Baker was worked out by some teams at all five positions. Hypothetically, if I were ATL HC/GM & were in position to pick Oher, I pick him. I then move Sam Baker to LG, and Blalock to RG. If there is no clear cut RT, I'de try to find a big mauler (like McNeil if he where a RT, Barry Richardson type) in round 3 or 4. That real not something that is out of question.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Least important position on the field? Ok. Look at how much a great WR can open up a offense, espically considering we have a new QB and a running attack. I'd say a great WR is much more important then a RT is. I'd be even more appalled if we traded up for a guy who's only good at pass-protecting to move him to RT.
All those weapons meant nothing in Cleveland until they got a LT...I think a TE is more important then a WR for ATL, Roddy is perfectly fine as a #1, if you have that I highly doubt you need a WR in the first 3 picks, thats overkill...Haven't you seen all these teams who pick skill positions first and they never amount to anything due to a bad O line? I think ATL's WR's are fine, better then alot of teams with alot of room to grow...If you want to add a guy, it certainly won't be top 3, I think Crabtree is just a dream, especially with losing another corner, having holes at RDE if Anderson moves, possibly NT, and along the line, with the weapons at WR a TE would help Matt Ryan alot more then somebody else outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
All those weapons meant nothing in Cleveland until they got a LT...I think a TE is more important then a WR for ATL, Roddy is perfectly fine as a #1, if you have that I highly doubt you need a WR in the first 3 picks, thats overkill...Haven't you seen all these teams who pick skill positions first and they never amount to anything due to a bad O line? I think ATL's WR's are fine, better then alot of teams with alot of room to grow...If you want to add a guy, it certainly won't be top 3, I think Crabtree is just a dream, especially with losing another corner, having holes at RDE if Anderson moves, possibly NT, and along the line, with the weapons at WR a TE would help Matt Ryan alot more then somebody else outside.

I do not see any elite TEs at this point. And we already have a LT. His name is Sam Baker. The guy we traded into the first round for.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Michael Oher, OT Mississippi
2. Duke Robinson, OG Oklahoma
3. Al Woods, DT Louisiana State
4. Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State
5. Taylor Mays, S Southern Cal

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

There was some highly touted TE being talked about. Saw him go top10 in a mock. Forgot his name. Had something to do with a P though.

We dont know for sure how productive Baker will be at LT. I would like to think that he can come in and be a Matt Light type player and that is probably the best case scenario for him. He isnt a boom or bust type guy so what we see out of him in his rookie season, is probably what we will get out of him long term (more or less. he will probably get better). There is a reason why he dropped to 21 and there is a reason why many considered that pick a reach.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the idea of Jenkins...a lot...but we'll just have to see how well Houston and all our other new CBs do. Jenkins seems like he'd be a super pick...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats a damn beautiful list bama.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:21 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Same as Bama, but I'd have Andre Smith (to play OG) instead of Duke Robinson. Robinson is a great guard, but Smith is just as much of a beast, with better athleticism.

I'd have Baker-Blalock-(McClure/Datish?)-Smith-Oher

(If I could have a 6th, I'd take Alex Mack to finish off the line; but I wouldn't take him over Mays, Woods or Jenkins)
Old 06-19-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

1. WR Michael Crabtree
2. OT Michael Oher
3. OT Andre Smith
4. S Taylor Mays
5. Not sure...

I didn't see a ton of Woods, so I can't really say much on his part. Duke Robinson and Phil Loadholt are two guys that I really like, but they need to put it together this year.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

1. Michael Oher LT
2. Andre Smith RT
3. Michael Crabtree WR
4. Malcolm Jenkins CB
5. Al Woods DT

Ahh...Thats amazing.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
The only way I wouldn't take him is if Sam Baker surprises the world and plays really well.
Ha, Bosanac was right to + rep me. You the man Sam Baker.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

So...I MIGHT be wrong.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Gimme that Crabtree. I said it before, and watching that last preseason game really did it in. Matt Ryan is best throwing in between the numbers and letting the WR's have space to run. Crabtree is deadly in space.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:13 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gimme that Crabtree. I said it before, and watching that last preseason game really did it in. Matt Ryan is best throwing in between the numbers and letting the WR's have space to run. Crabtree is deadly in space.
um, WE DONT NEED A WR!

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 08-25-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
um, WE DONT NEED A WR!

Sure. Let's keep our franchise QB with only one real weapon to throw to. It will be interesting to see if Laurent can be a number 2. He didn't play at that caliber last year. Jenkins is nothing more then a tall guy. Same goes for Finn, just add in crummy knees. And Douglas is what he is. A slot/#3 WR.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the NCAA football season is just around the corner, i think we as falcons fans should look tightly at WR, TE, OL, DL (esp DT) this season.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Sure. Let's keep our franchise QB with only one real weapon to throw to. It will be interesting to see if Laurent can be a number 2. He didn't play at that caliber last year. Jenkins is nothing more then a tall guy. Same goes for Finn, just add in crummy knees. And Douglas is what he is. A slot/#3 WR.
really? you think we need to take a #2 WR with our first pick? that makes no sense financially or even addressing our needs. if we need to get Matt a weapon it's at TE, not WR. our WR's are good for us and Jenkins might even light it up and be the possession #2 we need. with Laurent and Douglas as slot and #4, we would have a very formidable WR group

Owner of ScarDraft