Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 06-15-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Defensive Changes...

Bump-and-Run, talks about it in an article on Bengals.com:
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6841

Joseph is flat out built for bump-n-run, Hall I'm not sure on but he can be physical... If there's a pass rush it's best for him to do this as he can get the pick/tackle his guy if he's anywhere near.

No more of that lay back 10 yards BS, that's what killed me about Bresh... Things just looked entirely too easy. If they can use the bump-n-run effectively, along with effective blitzing this is what I've been begging for all along. Just got so old seeing the super conservative, lay back in coverage and rush 4 BS.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Bump-and-Run, talks about it in an article on Bengals.com:
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6841

Joseph is flat out built for bump-n-run, Hall I'm not sure on but he can be physical... If there's a pass rush it's best for him to do this as he can get the pick/tackle his guy if he's anywhere near.

No more of that lay back 10 yards BS, that's what killed me about Bresh... Things just looked entirely too easy. If they can use the bump-n-run effectively, along with effective blitzing this is what I've been begging for all along. Just got so old seeing the super conservative, lay back in coverage and rush 4 BS.
Yes we need to bump-n-run more - I can see JJ being a lot more effective if we do it.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this year will be the year of the JJ. With bump-n-run implemented, JJ will wreak havoc on AFC north receivers. JJ is gonna look nice in Honolulu come February.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The beauty with JJ is that with his speed, he can recover well. I think Hall should be able to get more physical off the line, I'm only concerned about if/when he misses... His recovery speed isn't half of JJ's which is out of this world.

I wouldn't doubt JJ being pro-bowl bound.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

This should be great for Joseph, I loved that kid coming out and bump n run will really let him shine.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its happening.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You have to love the attitude being displayed to this point by our defense !!!
Thank you coach Zimmer !!!
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I didn't want to start another new thread and it fit the defensive side of things, so this is a good write up on Ndukwe. I don't know if Im ready (as the writer appearently is) to say he's a pro bowl possible, but it's interesting...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...-The-next-step
Old 06-18-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Nice to see Chinny getting notice.

While I'm not about to say no way he makes the pro bowl... It'd be a stretch. I'm very excited to see how he plays this year. We're slowly developing one of the best secondaries in the league.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see my boy getting some props but saying he'll represent us in the Pro Bowl is pretty bold. He may not even start this year(though he prolly should) and even if he does he still needs some work in coverage(he was a lot better at it than I initially expected however) and some more experience. He could be the defensive version of TJ though. I expect him to be in a similar role as last year with some more reps. Definitely has a bright future though.

THE NUKE!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats the thing I hate about us right now. All the writers are hyping us up, and we're such a young and unproven team its hard to read through the b.s. and figure out whats real. I'd like to think out of the 6-7 or so young guys we'll have getting their first year as a full time start on defense - the one will emerge as a superstar, but their is no way to say for sure.

I hope between Ndukwe / JJ / Hall / Rivers / Geathers / Peko / Brooks and maybe even Odom we can find a future stud that will anchor our defense and keep us respectable.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I will politely disagree in the whole "hype" issue. I think there may be some individuals who may get a little love, but the defense as a whole still is going to get bashed until it proves something on the field. To tell you the truth, as much as I like Ndukwe, I would bet 90% of football fans don't know who the hell he is and could care less about some 5 line writeup at the bottom of an article.

You can also take a look at where most NFL "experts" and I use that word lossely, seem to think the Bengals will finish this year. Most have the Bengals firmly planted in the basement or finishing 3rd at best behind both the Steeler and Browns.

Overall, I am more than ok with how the Bengals are flying under the radar at this point and can honestly say, I think that very line of thinking is going to bite more than a handful of teams squarely in the backside this season !!!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

I guess I should clarify that cincinnati writers are the ones hyping the defense up, not football writers in general
Old 06-19-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Oh ok, gotcha. My bad...

Cincinnati writers always do that. You could go back and look at the hiring of Bresnahan and some of the same things that are being said about Zimmer were said about Bresnahan. While I think that Zimmer is going to bring a different approach to the defense this year, it could just be that I would give an arm to see a defense in the top half of the league and am being a homer.

Here's to hoping Zimmer is able to change the mentallity of this defense !!!