Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Peko Extended

5 year, $29.3M contract extension, a base salary of $5.86M per year.

Big money. However, with the way things work he would've ended up getting more on the open market and like all deals, eventually the deal looks like small money with the next batch of signings.

We needed him to stick around.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the guys we definitely needed to keep around here. He could do big things.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's a great example of what good character is. Is he a top 10 DT in the league ?? No, but he's young and better than average. Place another big body next to him worth a sh*t and have some DE's that can apply pressure to the opposing QB, and we will be onto something !!!
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not a top 10 DT yet, he's still young and has some upside. I'm more comfortable giving him that type of money than any of our DL.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-17-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its better that we sign him now rather than waiting for the big year he explodes and then leaves because we cant afford him! Im glad we have a nice extension with him now!
StripedWalrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Well, this is exactly the kind of thing the Bengals usually don't do and I for one am really pleased with seeing the team lock him up at a good price. If they only could have done that with Steinbach...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
Well, this is exactly the kind of thing the Bengals usually don't do and I for one am really pleased with seeing the team lock him up at a good price. If they only could have done that with Steinbach...
I still cringe at the fact that we lost Steinbach. As far as Peko goes, I'm just glad I'll be seeing his hair for another 5 years ;)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I know off topic, but getting rid of Steinbach and extending Big Willie was quite possibly the biggest mistake the Bengals have made recently.

I agree with liking seeing Peko stick around for a while !!!
Old 06-18-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Steinbach was good but I think we are overrating him a bit. I really think Andrew Whitworth can be a very similar type player and he's the next guy we need to lock up long term along with Andrews.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-18-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steinbach is still a guard... Guards are very replaceable.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guard is the easiest position to replace in football. Thats why alot of teams let their guards go when they want to much money.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think what hurt us more that Steiny leaving was Braham retiring. Happened really close together and thats what hurt us more. A truly great center is hard to come by. Especially one who was as good at man-on blocking and calling out blitzes/coverages/slants as Braham. He was very underrated IMO.
Thats where I wonder about Guycheck. His blocking is average at best. But it seems his ability to read the Defense is subpar too.

Anyways, glad to see Peko get his chedda. He has the potential to be what so many other DTs who have come through Cincy have failed to be.
Big Daddy Wilkinson, Tony Williams, JT and so on. Then the almosts: Gardner, Rogers, Robertson and so on.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Ghiaciuc is a very different center than Braham though. He's a more athletic upfield blocker who needs to work on his strength at the point. I pay a lot of attention to him because I also play Center. I really think he can do it but he really needs to hit the weights. Another thing is that his side to side quickness is not as good as one would think with his type of athleticism.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-18-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But is that the kind of center we need? (The athletic up field type.)
We are more of a bruising running team with less finesse and a passing team.
Guycheck would be better in a system like Denver's zone running scheme.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Well I think he works because we run a lot of different types of schemes from power to zone and all across the spectrum. The only time he really gets abused IMO is when he doesn't seem to communicate the scheme right or he steps wrong. I think we are placing a lot of the blame on him when it wasn't rly his fault from a physical standpoint most of the time. Plus, with all the different groups we had in there its hard to develop a chemistry.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-19-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great signing for Cincy, has alot of upside and plays hard...If Sims shows his potential then watch out, you might have something inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Great signing for Cincy, has alot of upside and plays hard...If Sims shows his potential then watch out, you might have something inside.
Yeah the next few years should prove interesting. And if all else fails next years draft is loaded with DT talent

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I know hindsight is a b*tch, but I just didn't understand signing Willie long term at his age and letting the top pick in the second round (Steinbach) walk. I know at the time we probably didn't have the replacement there for Willie, but looking at it now, you can never error on sticking with productive youth. Steinbach could play across the line (including center). We also wouldn't be sitting here wondering how to get both Willie and Andrews on the line or who's going to be sitting out.

As much as I love Willie and what he has given to the Bengals, it just wasn't a smart business move. I know that is arguable, but that is my opinion on it. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. However, in the grand scheme of things, this is what we have to deal with, so no big deal I suppose.

Yeeeeah Peko !!! (Poor attempt at staying on topic)
Old 06-19-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Well I think he works because we run a lot of different types of schemes from power to zone and all across the spectrum. The only time he really gets abused IMO is when he doesn't seem to communicate the scheme right or he steps wrong. I think we are placing a lot of the blame on him when it wasn't rly his fault from a physical standpoint most of the time. Plus, with all the different groups we had in there its hard to develop a chemistry.
As much as anything, the chemistry point comes into play. With that 2005 line they played basically every snap at the same position and they were all vets. The chemistry was unbelievable. It'll be hard to see that again. With that said, next year I'd really like to see us draft a center. That's the one spot on offense we really need to upgrade at. The run defense has taken a dump ever since Ghiaciuc stepped in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If Sims can pan out... We might actually turn into a defensive minded team (thank god). It's based a lot on potential though. Geathers/Peko/Joseph/Hall have already shown considerable flashes of it at least.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Agree that the defense has a TON of potential and I'm hoping that Zimmer is just the person to get the players to "realize" that potential and have it translate onto the field. If that happens and the defense is in the top half of the league, I would bet a LARGE amount of cash that the Bengals are back in the playoffs !!!

Also agree that the Center position has to be addressed in the next draft and would like to see it done on day one. No more of drafting in the laste rounds and hope they can blossom into a starter. GO GET YOUR GUY !!!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I agree the C position must be addressed IF Ghiaciuc doesn't step it up this season.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-19-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
Agree that the defense has a TON of potential and I'm hoping that Zimmer is just the person to get the players to "realize" that potential and have it translate onto the field. If that happens and the defense is in the top half of the league, I would bet a LARGE amount of cash that the Bengals are back in the playoffs !!!

Also agree that the Center position has to be addressed in the next draft and would like to see it done on day one. No more of drafting in the laste rounds and hope they can blossom into a starter. GO GET YOUR GUY !!!
A center on day 1! Yikes! Usually Centers can be had on day 2 because they arent usually a spot that people search for in high rounds. Also the C draft class could be weak and stretching on the first day to get a guy that is 2nd day caliber would be weak. Depending on how the year goes, we may be searching for a RB and another DT on day 1. I would like for us to be searching for another LB and depth at our CB on day one next year. I think that is the best case scenario for next year. If we are searching for a LB and CB depth then we did all the right things this year. C's can be snagged in later rounds.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Well, day one use to be the first three rounds until this draft, so I guess I should have clarified a little. I think round three is a good round to start looking at the center position unless there is someone that is a "can't miss" kind of guy and that is asking a lot.

I also don't believe the Bengals view Guychick the way most fans do and would be apprehensive about pulling the trigger on the Center position that early in the draft.

I really can't say as I know anything about next years Centers, but I do know the position needs to be addressed in the next draft...