Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
I would of been happier with the pick if Sweed and Jackson weren't still there. I was actually shocked that we passed up on the bigger names. But hopefully he turns out ok I guess....
I dont think Sweed was the type of wide out we were looking for.
I was never sold on Jackson. He has huge questions to whether or not he will contribute past returns IMO

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
thats sad to hear about him. he was one of my favorite prospects in the draft and I really wanted him to end up on my Bears.

He should be able to get out of this funk though....maybe hes just one of those players that turns it on when he's in actual game conditions.
Why is it sad, you make it seem like he was cut lol...I heard some of the same things about Martellus Bennett for us, they have to learn the playbook, get acclomated to the speed and especially for Simpson the level of competition...Everyone knew going in he had upside and potential, but he wasn't the best guy to grab for immediate help..He is fine considering TJ and Chad should start right away, and the potential is there to take over as a #1 if both have to leave...Granted thats best case scenario, but I'm sure thats why they took him when they did, his measurables along with his athleticism, if all put together will make a very explosive WR, Caldwell is going to be more of an immediate help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would have bet the house when the Bengals were picking that Sweed's name was going to be called. I can honestly say I was in shock... Now, not so much !!!
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, I didnt want Sweed. He had bust written all over him and I never really saw him as a dynamite receiver. Though I was also surprised he was passed on.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
eh, I didnt want Sweed. He had bust written all over him and I never really saw him as a dynamite receiver. Though I was also surprised he was passed on.
I saw sweed as a number two guy. not the future number one we need

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-20-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Sweed was injured, but prior to that, showed all the flash of a big time receiver. I guess I just viewed him as the "safer" pick than Simpson. I think many people just realize there is nothing else that can be done since the pick is a done deal and they just go into "support" mode for said player instead of bashing him and the organization.

I'm sure Simpson will be a productive WR at some point, but I'm just not willing to pronounce him the next coming of Chad at this point in time...
Old 06-27-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post

I'm sure Simpson will be a productive WR at some point, but I'm just not willing to pronounce him the next coming of Chad at this point in time...
And I hope i never compare simpson to chad. i hope simpson creates his own name and rewrites the records chad set.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-27-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simpson will be nothing like Chad. Simpson is a nice young man...chad is a jack ass!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Couldn't agree more...

Everyday, I find another reason to enjoy this site !!!