Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
I am rooting for the Bears because I use them in Madden and I want them to get better.
WOW.

NO really just wow.

I want the Saints to win this game for three reasons.
1. It would be the greatest Cinderella Story in NFL history.
2. Marques Colston went to Hofstra
3. What will happen when Tank Johnson hits South Beach if the Bears win.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just looked at the weather forecast and it looks like low 30's and high 20' with a chance of snow.

I'll take the Bears by a field goal.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
I am rooting for the Bears because I use them in Madden and I want them to get better.
WOW.

NO really just wow.

I want the Saints to win this game for three reasons.
1. It would be the greatest Cinderella Story in NFL history.
2. Marques Colston went to Hofstra
3. What will happen when Tank Johnson hits South Beach if the Bears win.
Blah, Blah, Blah.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm waiting to before the game before I make my score prediction. But of course, I'm going to be cheering for the Saints. :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea I immediately regret writing that. I just hope it's a good game. They both beat the Giants so as long as the NFC team wins the Super Bowl, I'll be happy.

BTW in all seriousness, is Tank Johnson allowed to leave the state of Illinois??

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea I immediately regret writing that. I just hope it's a good game. They both beat the Giants so as long as the NFC team wins the Super Bowl, I'll be happy.

BTW in all seriousness, is Tank Johnson allowed to leave the state of Illinois??
For job related reasons I'm pretty sure he can.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-17-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:

Yeah, his parole allows it. And for shooting bitches.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

When the Bears go to the SB, he'll be on that flight to Miami.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:

Yeah, his parole allows it. And for shooting bitches.

that made me laugh out loud, and i'm not afraid to admit it

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
The Bears practiced out outside, in the cold. Meanwhile the Saints practiced in their shorts, indoors. That is a big mistake, that is, not preparing your team for the elements.
It's reverse psychology Shiver, duh. :roll:

If I were Payton, I'd seriously consider going up north somewhere and practicing all week long. Because it's supposed to be damn cold on Sunday.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
DollarBill3181
Rookie

DollarBill3181 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This one will be liek 3 of the 4 NFL Divisional Round games (3of4 3pt wins).
This will be a battle between two very good teams down to the wire.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2
DollarBill3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
The Bears practiced out outside, in the cold. Meanwhile the Saints practiced in their shorts, indoors. That is a big mistake, that is, not preparing your team for the elements.

If I were Payton, I'd seriously consider going up north somewhere and practicing all week long. Because it's supposed to be damn cold on Sunday.
It's been cold and raining in Louisiana all week. Not as cold as Chicago, though. Our temperature is hovering around 40-47 degrees, with wind and rain.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the bears defense has really tailed off lately, and rex grossman isnt a good QB at all. the saints can pass, run, and have a decent defense. i think the weather will help the bears a little, but i still think saints

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsguy27
the bears defense has really tailed off lately, and rex grossman isnt a good QB at all. the saints can pass, run, and have a decent defense. i think the weather will help the bears a little, but i still think saints
Grossman is a very streaky Quarterback, when he's bad he's very bad, but when he's good, he's really good. I don't like the guy and I'll admit that.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
and rex grossman isnt a good QB at all.
Why do people keep saying this? Rex hasn't cost the Bears a game since the Patriots game, and even then the Bears only lost by 4 points.

Grossman actually was a big reason the Bears beat Seattle, he delivered clutch throws one 68 yard bomb to Berrian to put the Bears ahead in the 2nd quarter, and his biggest throw a 30 yard seam pass to Davis in Overtime which drove them into FG position to win the game.

I have a strange feeling that Grossman will actually out play Drew Brees on Sunday, might sound crazy now but I can definitely see it.

people are going to slam him for not preparing enough on New Years eve, but it's time to give him props he certainly was focused in his playoff start and he handled the pressure well.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Quote:
and rex grossman isnt a good QB at all.
people are going to slam him for not preparing enough on New Years eve, but it's time to give him props he certainly was focused in his playoff start and he handled the pressure well.
Everyone has mental lapses at times, it's impossible to focus 100% of the time, and anyone that has played sports knows that. The only stupid part was that Grossman actually said it. Then again, he only said he failed to prepare, Randy Moss actually said that sometimes he doesn't try very hard during games, and it still finds gainful employment.

As for his performance in the playoffs you're absolutely correct. In comparison to other more lauded QB's like Brady, Manning, Rivers, and Hasselback, Grossman was solid to say the least.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

This poll just shows a flagrant lack of respect for the Bears, who lost one meaningless game in the conference. The Bears have been playing the us against the world card since Lovie Smith got here, and it holds true now. This team is playing with a chip on their shoulders, everyone has something to prove, more so than New Orleans. Grossman needs to silence the critics, Thomas Jones wants to keep his job, Cedric Benson wants to prove he was worth the #4 overall pick, Mohammad has been trying to prove his career isn't on the decline. The defense need to prove their worth, they need to show people that they can overcome the loss of Harris and Brown. Urlacher's said several times the bad taste of 2001 and 2005 are still in his mouth, the press has been calling him overrated since 2004. The Saints proved something by just getting here.

These are just a few reasons I'm picking the Bears to win 31-24.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-18-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets go SAINTS!!!

My dad comes from Alexandria Louisiana so i hold LSU and Saints close

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman1957
I think this game goes to the Saints, there offense is just too much for the Bears defense, especially since the Bears D has not played like it did at the beggining of the season, of course not having Tommie Harris and Mike Brown has a lot to do with this. And lets be honest history goes against the Bears, if you look at teams in the superbowl you will notice almost every single team has a good QB (except for Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000). At this stage of the playoffs the QB position is what seperates the good teams from the great one's. The Bears defense is not the Ravens defense of 2000, and not the defense who shut out the Pack in there home opener, they gave up 24 points to the Seahawks when during the regular season they gave up only 6 points, this just shows how much the loss of Harris and Brown hurt this team, and what should make anyone think that the Bears offense can come to the rescue like they did last week. I just don't see it happening. I think the Bears get ripped apart, the Saints Offense is just to explosive, final:

Saints 31
Bears 13
We aren't the Ravens of 2000, but we have a better offense and better special teams than the Ravens.

Our offense will be able to put points up on the board, and I wouldn't put it past our D and ST's to possibly get a TD as well.

Brad Johnson won a Superbowl, as did Big Ben last year. Both were solid QB's but nothing spectacular. :? But we need Rex to not be a Trent Dilfer type QB or we will lose. We need him to put up some numbers, especially with how the D has been playing as of late.

I won't knock your prediction, it's your opinion, but what difference did you see in the Saints and the Bears this weekend to come up with a score like that?
Yeah i figured I was forgetting one QB, Brad Johnson was pretty average as well. But Big Ben played pretty well last year (especially in the playoffs) so I don't think you can compare him to Grossman.

And yeah you guys certainly have a better special teams than the Saints. But yet I really think you guys aren't the same team without Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. Granted Tank Johnson is a pretty good DT, I will admit that, but being able to have both Harris and Johnson in there would make a huge difference.

Also Rex Grossman will have to play his best football to beat the Saints, and I think some people really underrate the Saints defense, they really are not that bad. Maybe my prediction may have been a bit harsh but we'll see, I could be wrong.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:
Quote:

It's been cold and raining in Louisiana all week. Not as cold as Chicago, though. Our temperature is hovering around 40-47 degrees, with wind and rain.
Thanks for the info, but New Orleans hasn't even been practicing outdoors in Louisiana. They have been inside, in their shorts.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the info, but New Orleans hasn't even been practicing outdoors in Louisiana. They have been inside, in their shorts.
People are really making the weather out to be a bigger deal than what it actually is.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think this game goes to the Saints, there offense is just too much for the Bears defense, especially since the Bears D has not played like it did at the beggining of the season, of course not having Tommie Harris and Mike Brown has a lot to do with this. And lets be honest history goes against the Bears, if you look at teams in the superbowl you will notice almost every single team has a good QB (except for Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000). At this stage of the playoffs the QB position is what seperates the good teams from the great one's. The Bears defense is not the Ravens defense of 2000, and not the defense who shut out the Pack in there home opener, they gave up 24 points to the Seahawks when during the regular season they gave up only 6 points, this just shows how much the loss of Harris and Brown hurt this team, and what should make anyone think that the Bears offense can come to the rescue like they did last week. I just don't see it happening. I think the Bears get ripped apart, the Saints Offense is just to explosive, final:

Saints 31
Bears 13
We aren't the Ravens of 2000, but we have a better offense and better special teams than the Ravens.

Our offense will be able to put points up on the board, and I wouldn't put it past our D and ST's to possibly get a TD as well.

Brad Johnson won a Superbowl, as did Big Ben last year. Both were solid QB's but nothing spectacular. :? But we need Rex to not be a Trent Dilfer type QB or we will lose. We need him to put up some numbers, especially with how the D has been playing as of late.

I won't knock your prediction, it's your opinion, but what difference did you see in the Saints and the Bears this weekend to come up with a score like that?
Yeah i figured I was forgetting one QB, Brad Johnson was pretty average as well. But Big Ben played pretty well last year (especially in the playoffs) so I don't think you can compare him to Grossman.

And yeah you guys certainly have a better special teams than the Saints. But yet I really think you guys aren't the same team without Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. Granted Tank Johnson is a pretty good DT, I will admit that, but being able to have both Harris and Johnson in there would make a huge difference.

Also Rex Grossman will have to play his best football to beat the Saints, and I think some people really underrate the Saints defense, they really are not that bad. Maybe my prediction may have been a bit harsh but we'll see, I could be wrong.
You guys realize the Saints lost to Washington, AT HOME, after they beat up on Dallas right?

So I wouldn't really say they were playing their best football of the season heading into the playoffs either.

So it breaks down like this right....

Bears Offense < Saints Offense

Bears Defense > Saints Defense

Bears ST's> Saints ST's

Say what you want about how underrated the Saints D is, but on paper we are the better D, even with out Tommie and Mike.

Idk, the 37 vote differential b/w the two teams is just astounding to see.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys realize the Saints lost to Washington, AT HOME, after they beat up on Dallas right?

So I wouldn't really say they were playing their best football of the season heading into the playoffs either.
Okay, first and foremost, let me say that the Saints had more than enough opportunities to win against Washington, but unfortunately, they couldn't capitalize on certain Redskins miscues and lost after a huge and very emotional victory over Dallas on the road the week before. And lest you forget, you're the same Bears team that lost 31-13 at home against the Dolphins after manhandling the 49ers the week before. So, we've both lost embarassing games at home after decisive victories. :?

Quote:
So it breaks down like this right....

Bears Offense < Saints Offense

Bears Defense > Saints Defense

Bears ST's> Saints ST's

Say what you want about how underrated the Saints D is, but on paper we are the better D, even with out Tommie and Mike.

Idk, the 37 vote differential b/w the two teams is just astounding to see.
I will agree with one thing that you mentioned, the vote difference is a lot bigger than I would have thought as well. I really think that the fact is that people that are not fans of either team might be just voting for New Orleans because of the whole Cinderella story or to upset all you Chicago fans. I really can't say, since I'm a Saints fan, I voted for the Saints, like all you Bears fans probably voted for Chicago.

Personally, I think that you have to look at some key matchups to pick the winner of Sunday's game.

One interesting matchup when the Bears have the ball is offensive tackles Fred Miller and John St. Clair against the Saints defensive ends Charles Grant and Will Smith. I think that if the Bears give Rex Grossman enough time to throw, he'll be able to pick apart the weak Saints secondary. I know that Bernard Berrian will probably burn Fred Thomas at least once. It just depends how many times the Saints give up the big play.

Another matchup to look at will be Bears defensive tackles Ian Scott and Alfonso Boone against Saints running back Deuce McAllister. We all know that McAllister was able to shred the Eagles front for 143 yards on the ground. If he's able to put up similar numbers against the Bears defense, watch out, this game could get out of hand in a hurry.

The other matchup that a lot of people aren't looking at is the Bears return man Devin Hester against the Saints kicker Billy Cundiff and punter Steve Weatherford. I know that Hester is a threat to return a kick anytime he touches the ball -- if he fields the ball cleanly that is. I've seen Hester muff the ball at least three times when the kicker or punter puts the ball on the ground and Hester has to run up and field the ball on the bounce. I think that if the Saints kicking team is smart, they'll either kick away from him or put the ball on the ground, not allowing the speedy Hester to beat them.

Again, I'll give my score prediction soon and very soon, but for now, I'll steal your idea and break down the units like you did.

Saints offense vs. Bears defense
winner: Saints

Bears offense vs. Saints defense
winner: Bears

Bears special teams vs. Saints special teams
winner: even

Bears coaching vs. Saints coaching
winner: Saints (close)

Bears intangibles vs. Saints intangibles
winner: Saints (close again)

Overall, I think that this is going to be a great game. And I can't wait for Sunday! :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We have the best special teams in the league. That's laughable.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

People are really making the weather out to be a bigger deal than what it actually is.
Maybe. But I believe the Rams are the only dome team to ever win a Superbowl (and that year they had HFA throughout the playoffs). Makes you wonder why.