Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He doesn't even NEED to play in the NFL, guys like Charles Rogers or Peter Warrick can't get a job anywhere right now, if Bowman can stick with a CFL team and put up games like this I don't think he, nor does the team care how he looked or how inferior they are...They pay decently, and he still gets to do what he loves to do, if he keeps his performance up he will get a pay raise, and he should be happy with that type of opportunity.
Don't CFL players need real jobs in the offseason?
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The salary cap is 4.05 million with a roster of 42.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwoarang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
The salary cap is 4.05 million with a roster of 42.
i think that answers itself

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i think that answers itself
So that proves that your argument that they pay decently is false right?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So that proves that your argument that they pay decently is false right?
what? i dont think i ever said such a thing. i think it was someone else that you are talking about.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-30-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Quote:
what? i dont think i ever said such a thing. i think it was someone else that you are talking about.
You are absolutely right sir i apologize.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You are absolutely right sir i apologize.
yea dont get all up in my grill, 'specially when it ain't none of my doing, or your bizznass.

In yuppy white man's terms: Don't freight, it t'was only a mistake

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-01-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea dont get all up in my grill, 'specially when it ain't none of my doing, or your bizznass.

In yuppy white man's terms: Don't freight, it t'was only a mistake
Just neg rep him. It'll be a lot easier.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AFL players get jobs in the off-season too, their all easy jobs that pay good and the teams set you up with them most of the time, you also get free rent and living expenses but they are still paid very good...I'm pretty sure alot of the same things go along with CFL, I'm not exactly sure of how its run compared to AFL teams, of course he's not rich but my point was some guys make a living playing CFL.

You guys are making it seem like CFL players are broke, compared to the NFL yes of course, but alot of starters make 6 figures around 100k, if that requires you to get a job in the off-season then you should probably budget better...Bowman isn't making that amount right now, but if he keeps his head on straight and can continue to perform, I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world staying in that league making 60k+ a season for playing football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Just neg rep him. It'll be a lot easier.
i never use neg rep. plus it was an honest mistake

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-01-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
AFL players get jobs in the off-season too, their all easy jobs that pay good and the teams set you up with them most of the time, you also get free rent and living expenses but they are still paid very good...I'm pretty sure alot of the same things go along with CFL, I'm not exactly sure of how its run compared to AFL teams, of course he's not rich but my point was some guys make a living playing CFL.

You guys are making it seem like CFL players are broke, compared to the NFL yes of course, but alot of starters make 6 figures around 100k, if that requires you to get a job in the off-season then you should probably budget better...Bowman isn't making that amount right now, but if he keeps his head on straight and can continue to perform, I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world staying in that league making 60k+ a season for playing football.
seeing as the CFL salary cap is only 4.05 million Canadian...and that cap has to fit more starters (12 on 12), I don't think all the players make over 100K, but some glamour players don't need jobs in the offseason...

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
seeing as the CFL salary cap is only 4.05 million Canadian...and that cap has to fit more starters (12 on 12), I don't think all the players make over 100K, but some glamour players don't need jobs in the offseason...
Canadian>American right now!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that they have to work in the offseason, it keeps their head straight and the money won't affect them as a person.

I only player in the CFL I see not needing to working during the offseason is Printers, the QB on Hamilton.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
You are correct, they all don't make over 100K, some starters do though, which was my point of saying if he keeps it up and stays on track he could, and even if he doesn't reach that point, I don't know how many people would be upset at making 50K for playing football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

50k for 1/2 years work being able to play football is pretty good. Now that both currencies are even its alot better than it used to be.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

EDIT>>>Never mind