Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who will be a better Pro?

thoughts?
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two completely different receivers. I don't understand why people want to compare them so much. DeSean Jackson is your typical burner who is very special with the ball in his hands. He's has great speed and knows how to use it. Mario Manningham is a better all-around receiver. He's a better route runner but he can burn you deep as well. I'm a fan of Jackson, so for the sake of this thread I'll say him. I've heard many scouts say that he's Ted Ginn Jr. without the hype.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink

Ill take jackson but im so biased its not even funny.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Two completely different receivers. I don't understand why people want to compare them so much. DeSean Jackson is your typical burner who is very special with the ball in his hands. He's has great speed and knows how to use it. Mario Manningham is a better all-around receiver. He's a better route runner but he can burn you deep as well. I'm a fan of Jackson, so for the sake of this thread I'll say him. I've heard many scouts say that he's Ted Ginn Jr. without the hype.
IMO i don't think they are that different.

Sure DeSean is a little faster, and mario is a better route runner. BUT both have game breaking ability, both are about the same size, and both have made big plays for their teams.
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i take DeSean Jackson cause Mario Manningham isnt excatly a burner and Desean can make an impact withether running the ball returning kicks or punts hes the total package
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Desean Jackson reminds me of Steve Smith.
Desean Jackson will be the next Heisman winner.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Jackson

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would take jackson
Old 01-20-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

ahhh.its nice not to danman around to ruin this thread.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
DeSean has a lot more speed than Smith...he's a real game breaker, but Smith is the better route runner and I would say his has better hands.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
DeSean has a lot more speed than Smith...he's a real game breaker, but Smith is the better route runner and I would say his has better hands.
I think he was talking about the Carolina Steve Smith, and their speed is on par, with DeSean being a little faster.

DeSean Jackson is a crazy man. He is a gamechanger, a gamebreaker, whatever. The reason why Cal won that Oregon game, and the other one with that punt return 70 yards I forgot. He's my favorite player in the college game right now, and will be the first reciever picked whenever he comes out. His hands are underrated.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think both have the potential to be good pros, but either are there yet. D.J. style of receiving doesn't always translate to the NFL well. He won't be able to out run everybody. D.J. will need to be in a good system, that utilizes him correctly, for him to be as special as he could be. Both need to get bigger as well. Manningham drops way too many easy passes.

Both guys have some work to do so i'm gonna call it a draw.
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Smith is stronger too and is a more polished player (obviously). I like the Ted Ginn Jr. comparison to Jackson, he's like TGII except smaller and he's actually played WR in high school so it's not a new position to him like it was to Ginn. Both Manningham and JAckson are gonna be good pros
Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Quote:
Quote:
I think he was talking about the Carolina Steve Smith, and their speed is on par, with DeSean being a little faster.

DeSean Jackson is a crazy man. He is a gamechanger, a gamebreaker, whatever. The reason why Cal won that Oregon game, and the other one with that punt return 70 yards I forgot. He's my favorite player in the college game right now, and will be the first reciever picked whenever he comes out. His hands are underrated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csv9JuyuST0
Route Running/ speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo9e2Jf7R0o
Punt returning. DECOUD!
On another note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KglPUm3GUAM
High school highlights, check out the play at 1:10
Old 01-20-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink

Danman once compared Mario Manningham to Marvin Harrison, and I like that comparison a lot. I think Mario will be better.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With all the Big 10/Michigan bias on this thread im suprised at the outcome of the poll.

As guy who watched DJack play since high school I would have to go with him, he hasn't reached half of his potential yet which is scary.

And whoever said Tedd Ginn is similiar to Desean has not seen enough of his games.He's more than just speed like TG, he has better hands,route running and ball skills and their just gonna get better.And He's not smaller than TG either, unless you actually believe Tedd is 6'0.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
With all the Big 10/Michigan bias on this thread im suprised at the outcome of the poll.

As guy who watched DJack play since high school I would have to go with him, he hasn't reached half of his potential yet which is scary.

And whoever said Tedd Ginn is similiar to Desean has not seen enough of his games.He's more than just speed like TG, he has better hands,route running and ball skills and their just gonna get better.And He's not smaller than TG either, unless you actually believe Tedd is 6'0.
Big 10 bias? Four fans of the Big 10 have commented, two said they were pretty much equal, one said Manningham, and the other said Jackson. I don't see how that's biased at all.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777

Big 10 bias? Four fans of the Big 10 have commented, two said they were pretty much equal, one said Manningham, and the other said Jackson. I don't see how that's biased at all.
I know, I mean the forum in general usually favors Big Ten teams/players over others like the Pac-10.Which is why im suprised this thread has gone in favor of Desean.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

for anybody who thopught i was refering to the USC Steve Smith, i was actually refering to the CAR Steve Smith.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tough one..... ill go with Manningham.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Mario

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Manningham, he is going to be a great player. I really like Jackson as well, but I take Manningham by a little. I'll take Jackson over Ginn though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with jackson, especially considering how michigan recievers seem to not live up expectations in the NFL
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manningham is a little more prototypical in his style and abilities, and he could be a very good reciever at the next level, especially if he gets a good quarterback to work with (he could be Marvin Harrison all over again).

As for Jackson, I love the kid. He's like a much more manuverable Tedd Ginn, and while he certainly has some work to do on his route running, I think he could be a real game-breaker on the next level. I think that Tedd Ginn's running style is going to severly limit him on the next stage, but with Jackson it is all dependant on how much work he puts into it.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote