Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 07-04-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Keenan Burton signs 3-year deal

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...6?OpenDocument

Quote:
The Rams have agreed to terms with fourth-round pick Keenan Burton on a three-year contract, according to the teamís website. Financial details were not announced. Neither the Rams nor Burtonís agent returned calls Thursday.

Burton, a wide receiver selected 128th overall, played in 33 games at Kentucky, but wrist, knee, foot and ankle injuries could have affected his value in the draft. The 6-foot-1, 200-pounder amassed 182 receptions, fourth on Kentuckyís career list, and also was a kick returner starting with his junior season.

Burton is the third Ramsí pick to sign, joining guard Roy Schuening, selected in the fifth round, and tackle John Greco, taken in the third round.
Good signing! This guy would of been a 2nd round selection if not for the injuries he suffered last year.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Hopefully with Avery, Burton, Hagans, Ridgeway, etc the 2-5 spots on the team will be solid for years to come. And with any luck Avery or Burton will develop into a viable number 1 in time to step in when Holt retires (if he doesn't leave via FA).

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Hopefully with Avery, Burton, Hagans, Ridgeway, etc the 2-5 spots on the team will be solid for years to come. And with any luck Avery or Burton will develop into a viable number 1 in time to step in when Holt retires (if he doesn't leave via FA).
Kinda hope he does...I have always liked Burton.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ridgeway doesn't play for the Rams anymore.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Ridgeway doesn't play for the Rams anymore.
I was thinking he might not be on the team anymore. I guess I'm thinking of some other WR buried on the depth chart. Derek Stanley, that's the guy I;m thinking of.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
I was thinking he might not be on the team anymore. I guess I'm thinking of some other WR buried on the depth chart. Derek Stanley, that's the guy I;m thinking of.
Yea, I liked what I saw from Stanley last year. I think he makes a bigger impact next year than Hagans does.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hopefully with Avery, Burton, Hagans, Ridgeway, etc the 2-5 spots on the team will be solid for years to come.
Can't help but notice the lack of Bennett in that list. ;)
Old 07-09-2008, 02:27 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Can't help but notice the lack of Bennett in that list. ;)
Haha, well I'm actually more okay with Bennett than other Rams fans. I kind of left him off because I was looking at more of a youth movement and Bennett is going to be 30 when the season starts. Ideally he won't ever be our number 1. Meaning, by the time Holt isn't the number 1 then one of those youngsters will be able to step in.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In my opinion our receivers are terrible. I think this has more to do with our coaching than anything else. To this day I still feel like we missed with the Avery pick when there were talents like Thomas and Jackson on the board. If Holt leaves, we won't have a single receiver worthy of being a #1. In fact, I think we have a stable of #3 and #4 receivers now. Not a single game changer on our roster after Torry...Hope things get better soon!

Last edited by tfry : 07-11-2008 at 11:10 AM.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
In my opinion our receivers are terrible. I think this has more to do with our coaching than anything else. To this day I still feel like we missed with the Avery pick when there were talents like Thomas and Jackson on the board. If Holt leaves, we won't have a single receiver worthy of being a #1. In fact, I think we have a stable of #3 and #4 receivers now. Not a single game changer on our roster after Torry...Hope things get better soon!
I think you should relax on the Avery thing. The top 10 or 11 WR's were jumbled on everyone's draft boards. If Thomas and Jackson were such sure things they wouldn't have fallen to the 2nd round. Thomas is actually the only WR I'd be as comfortable with as Avery. Why would you want Jackson? You think he is a future number 1? Give me a break, that guy is basically cemented as a career slot guy because he is soooo small. As for the WR's as a whole, I don't think we have the best corp by any means, but it is servicable. Bennett was bad last year, but that was his worst year ever and he is entering his prime. It is reasonable to expect him to play much better. He is a decent option for a number 2 guy. Expecting either Avery or Burton to step in at number 1 if Holt leaves is a little unreasonable. Let's give these guys a few years to develop.

Last edited by nfrillman : 07-12-2008 at 05:18 PM.