Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIZZOU
you really can't overlook the fact that Oden has been playing with his off hand. I hate the way he plays though, he just looks like he's having no fun whatsoever. Durant has been absolutely amazing, I don't think theres anybody in the league you can favorably compare him too...but I think Oden has the bigger upside, and can't wait to see the impact he makes with a right hand.

I've heard he doesnt really like basketball, only plays because hes good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll take Durant.

Oden will go higher in the draft because a true C is almost impossible to come by, but I think he's mostly hype. Granted I've only seen him play a couple games (and he's been injured), but I just haven't seen what I expected to see from him.

Durant is the next Kevin Garnett. Anybody who watched that OK State-Texas game saw it. Almost scored 40 and made it seem virtually effortless. He'll never be a great low post player, but if he were to put on 10-15 lbs (which he will), he'll be a dominant SF in the NBA.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Greg Oden by a leg or two. like WildDude said, he is still playing on that left hand and is doing really well with, just imagine once he gets full strength in his right hand. Plus, the guy is one of the best defenders in the nation right now, even as a freshman.

I really like Kevin Durant as well, because of his phenomial blend of size, speed and quickness. He has a good future ahead of him in the NBA, as well as Oden.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF
I'll take Durant

Durant is the next Kevin Garnett. Anybody who watched that OK State-Texas game saw it. Almost scored 40 and made it seem virtually effortless. He'll never be a great low post player, but if he were to put on 10-15 lbs (which he will), he'll be a dominant SF in the NBA.
Durant has way more range than KG. In terms of athletiscicm, they're the same, but he's more like T-mac, just bigger.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbigbody
You guys need to stop saying he needs to bulk up to play PF. He will play SF in the NBA, all he needs is like 10-15 pounds of muscle, too much muscle would take away from his athleticism.
Hed be a trully special player at PF if he beefed up. If he plays SF hes just another SF doesnt make him nearly as great of a prospect.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Salami

Durant
Old 01-18-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
But in the NBA today you don't need a dominant center anymore.
That's true, but a dominant center can be a huge advantage too tho. It's sad. I miss the days of Ewing, Olajuwan (sp?), Robinson, etc.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
You guys need to stop saying he needs to bulk up to play PF. He will play SF in the NBA, all he needs is like 10-15 pounds of muscle, too much muscle would take away from his athleticism.
Hed be a trully special player at PF if he beefed up. If he plays SF hes just another SF doesnt make him nearly as great of a prospect.
He is not built like a power forward. So it doesnt matter.

He is still a great prospect regardless, and he will be an NBA all star.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm officially rooting for Sacramento to do bad, just imagine Oden in Sacramento or even Durant would be a dream. I would be a very happy camper with Wright so nothing could go wrong if we were top 3. 8)
Old 01-18-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oden has the shot to be the most dominant C in a long time when he comes to the NBA. He may not have the best skill set, but I see him as a Shaq type player who you just cannot stop offensively or defensively, moreso defensively though right now.

Durant is the most talented player in college basketball. He's got T-Mac's skills with KG's height, and that is unhead of.

But b/w the two players, I'd take Oden just because he's a once in a decade type C who you can build a team around.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid Mavericks had to be so baddass and awesome. Oh well, just hoping the Griz will be out of the Top 2 picks. Don't want to have either in the same division as dallas.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really agree with the thought that Durant can't be something special at SF. I think he has more potential at SF, personally. That's not really what's holding him back from being an elite.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
I don't really agree with the thought that Durant can't be something special at SF. I think he has more potential at SF, personally. That's not really what's holding him back from being an elite.
more talent at sf? if he can gain a couple pounds of muscle he would be an elite PF in the league. yes he woudl be very good at sf but not nearly the player he would be at PF
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. I just think that when you have a guy that's that big, he'd be a giant mismatch if he can play SF. Not another SF in the league could realistically guard him if he lived up to his potential. At PF, regardless if he puts on the pounds, he's bottled up in the post more often than not, both offensively and defensively, while he has the ability to do so much more.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess
Quote:
more talent at sf? if he can gain a couple pounds of muscle he would be an elite PF in the league. yes he woudl be very good at sf but not nearly the player he would be at PF
Thats eexactly what im trying to say. At PF his skillset would set him apart from almost everyone in the league and make him something really special. At SF he will be an allstar probably but his skillset wont seem as impressive at SF hed be just another SF, not that theres anything wrong with that.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:25 AM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I don't know. I just think that when you have a guy that's that big, he'd be a giant mismatch if he can play SF. Not another SF in the league could realistically guard him if he lived up to his potential. At PF, regardless if he puts on the pounds, he's bottled up in the post more often than not, both offensively and defensively, while he has the ability to do so much more.
Sums it up. He will be a great Small Forward.

His game doesnt translate to a power forwards game.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

Rashard Lewis is 6'10 and he doesnt present that big of a mismatch to alot of the SFs in hte league.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Quote:

Rashard Lewis is 6'10 and he doesnt present that big of a mismatch to alot of the SFs in hte league.
That'd pretty much be a lie. No one has ever been able to guard him on the wing. Simply no one. He's had more trouble trying to post someone up like, say, a PF would, but nothing outside. Rashard is a huge mismatch, but just happens to lack the passion to do anything special in the league. It has nothing to do with his size or ability, because from that standpoint, he'd be one of the best SFs in the league. But since he doesn't have the same kind of drive, like a Charlie V, he settles for mediocrity (what's funny though is that even with half the drive he was able to make an All-Star appearance).
Old 01-19-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In the little I've watched Durant, I'm not sure I've seen him score with his back towards the basket.

Aside from his lack of build, that's why he won't be able to play PF.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
NIG

These kids are freshman in College. They have so much time to develop and become elite at both the college and the pro game. Right now, you have to go oden. But if both stay a year this Durant kid is something special. Both will be stars in the NBA, i just think with the versatility of Durant he will be a a force t o be reckoned with.

Both are fabulous.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 for 13 sounds pretty good for oden.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820
12 for 13 sounds pretty good for oden.
Not to mention 6/6 from the line still shooting with his opposite hand.

Offensively, it looks like Durant could be the better player... But defensively, Oden has Durant beat by a mile. It's not even close.

That's what gives Oden the definate edge. Any team that plays Ohio State avoids the paint. They get scared when they drive... just his presence down low is great defence as it is.

Once his wrist heals, he could show his dominance offensively soon too.... not like 12/13 is dominant as it is.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
giantfAn

saw highlights of ogden last night...hes a beast.