Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

brady will play better, the defense will play good as usual. pats in a close one

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylaw24
Are you freakin serious njx?? The guy said that the Patriots and the Colts have evened up in defence. I think the fact that the Pats have allowed the fewest points scored against them during their existence in the NFL is a perfectly good point/indicator of the red zone D they have developed.

No I don't think this is only time Belichick has been considered classless. I take offense when people suggest that Bill 'ordered' the players to go dance in the middle as the FG sailed through the air. People are only saying these things because LT went off about it.

I've seen plenty of Colts fans on this board complain about the Run D all season long. They have played 2 outstanding game thus far, but a whole season of Colt's defence was compared to the Patriot's and I thought that I'd speak up.
First of all. I have always hated Bill Belichick! The reference I was making was in the playoffs when the Patriots lost to the Broncos last year Bill Belichick was the worst sport ever. I hate his attitude. That makes him classless.

On the other hand Tony Dungy loses on a last second field goal that was misses and he came out with a smile hugged Bill Cohwer and congradulated him. He told the media that he was lookming forward to next season. THAT IS CLASS! Not oh well we lose Im gonna just put my head down and mumble.

The colts and pats D is not similar at all. The colts D is terrible, but the Pats D IMO isnt what they were a few years ago. What im saying is I think Manning can exploit this D. Maybe not the one of a few years ago, but this one he can. Now Brady is always going to exploit our D. The D's arnt close in skill but the Pats D is more vonurable than they used to be.

Im not just all the sudden saying this because of the Chargers game Ive thought this for years. I never once made a reference to the Chargers game. When I saw that I just smiled because I already knew thats what they were.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

has anyone else predicted a total shootout yet (if so, we'll pretend i qft'ed you)? i'm thinking like, 42-38 indy.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
has anyone else predicted a total shootout yet (if so, we'll pretend i qft'ed you)? i'm thinking like, 42-38 indy.
See thats what I say somethin high.... mybe not that high but high.

Peyton won't be shut down by this D. Neither will Brady by our D.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang
Quote:
Are you freakin serious njx?? The guy said that the Patriots and the Colts have evened up in defence. I think the fact that the Pats have allowed the fewest points scored against them during their existence in the NFL is a perfectly good point/indicator of the red zone D they have developed.

No I don't think this is only time Belichick has been considered classless. I take offense when people suggest that Bill 'ordered' the players to go dance in the middle as the FG sailed through the air. People are only saying these things because LT went off about it.

I've seen plenty of Colts fans on this board complain about the Run D all season long. They have played 2 outstanding game thus far, but a whole season of Colt's defence was compared to the Patriot's and I thought that I'd speak up.
First of all. I have always hated Bill Belichick! The reference I was making was in the playoffs when the Patriots lost to the Broncos last year Bill Belichick was the worst sport ever. I hate his attitude. That makes him classless.

On the other hand Tony Dungy loses on a last second field goal that was misses and he came out with a smile hugged Bill Cohwer and congradulated him. He told the media that he was lookming forward to next season. THAT IS CLASS! Not oh well we lose Im gonna just put my head down and mumble.

The colts and pats D is not similar at all. The colts D is terrible, but the Pats D IMO isnt what they were a few years ago. What im saying is I think Manning can exploit this D. Maybe not the one of a few years ago, but this one he can. Now Brady is always going to exploit our D. The D's arnt close in skill but the Pats D is more vonurable than they used to be.

Im not just all the sudden saying this because of the Chargers game Ive thought this for years. I never once made a reference to the Chargers game. When I saw that I just smiled because I already knew thats what they were.
I understand were you are coming from on the post-game comments after the Broncos playoffs game. Belichick did seem like a classless person in his press conference. You have to understand though that Dungy and Belichick are two different people with different views. Belichick works hard the minute the game is over to prepare for the next game. Thats why you hear all his players, and himself saying "our focus is on (insert team here)" and we are taking it one game a a time.

He wants the W so bad that when the media gets up in his face he is bitter and angry. Add to the fact that he hates the media (like I said before), plus the heat of the moment makes him say things that he wouldn't normally say. The same thing happened to LT when he was carried away with all the "disrespect" he was feeling. The only difference is that LT was saying the same s*** the next day.

Dungy accepted defeat in a close game against the Steelers and went out and congratulated Cowher. Belichick didn't go out into the middle of the field and spit in the face of Shanahan. He shook his hand and walked away.

I know that I can't change your opinion on the Pats, but you can at least try and understand that Bill has had bad experiences with the media and his actions during press conferences are majorly influenced by his history with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wll im sure y'all heard of whatifsports, and so i simulate NE/IND

http://whatifsports.com/nfl/boxscore...D=2442771&ad=1

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:34 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrls

Nah i've never heard of this site. When i simulated it, the score was preety damn close, like 40-38 in favor of the Pats.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-20-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink

Quote:

I also just simmed a game where the Cardinals beat the Colts. Take that for what its worth.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

I also just simmed a game where the Cardinals beat the Colts. Take that for what its worth.
Lol I tried Cards vs Colts too and got a win for Arizona. Craziness.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-20-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NE in an easy win. Dungy and Payton simply cannot beat Indy in the playoffs and nothing will be different this year. The winner of this game should win the Super Bowl in a walk. NO has a shot but are too inexperienced, Chicago is fried rice unless by a miricle, Indy wins, then they have a shot.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
NE in an easy win. Dungy and Payton simply cannot beat Indy in the playoffs and nothing will be different this year. The winner of this game should win the Super Bowl in a walk. NO has a shot but are too inexperienced, Chicago is fried rice unless by a miricle, Indy wins, then they have a shot.
The Patriots beat us by 3 points, in New England, after we spent three straight weeks on the road with Grossman having a pretty awful game.

I would much much MUCH rather face the Patriots than the Colts.

Honestly I don't think either AFC team is much better than the NFC teams. San Diego and Baltimore are were the two dominant teams, and they both pissed down their legs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
The Patriots beat us by 3 points, in New England, after we spent three straight weeks on the road with Grossman having a pretty awful game.

Honestly I don't think either AFC team is much better than the NFC teams. San Diego and Baltimore are were the two dominant teams, and they both pissed down their legs.
Check the records, it wasn't even close. However, I cannot blame a Bear's fan from hoping for the best. I'd think the same way if I was a Bear's fan but the reality is a different thing.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot wait any longer for this game!! Only about 24 hours till kickoff, and the suspense is killing me! I am thinking that it will be a close game, which the Colts have had many during this season so it should help them out. I am hoping our secondary plays an outstanding game along with our run defense forcing Brady to throw passes under pressure and into tight coverage. My prediction for the score: Colts-27 Pats- 21

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Check the records, it wasn't even close. However, I cannot blame a Bear's fan from hoping for the best. I'd think the same way if I was a Bear's fan but the reality is a different thing.
I watched the whole game, it was close, losing by 3 points is close, no matter how you slice it.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink

I hate them both but I will have to go with my gut which says NE. Brady will find a way to pull it out.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone brought up a point on ESPN, what are the odds that Manning and Brady have three mediocre games in a row?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I watched the whole game, it was close, losing by 3 points is close, no matter how you slice it.
Sorry to tell ya mate, but the Chicago - New England game ended with a 17-13 scoreline. That's a 4 point difference. Yes it was close, but a FG wouldn't have tied the game.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry to tell ya mate, but the Chicago - New England game ended with a 17-13 scoreline. That's a 4 point difference. Yes it was close, but a FG wouldn't have tied the game.
Whoops..you're correct. For whatever reason I was thinking 17-14. My point is that the Pats would be favorites, and they should be, but there's no reason to think the Bears-Saints can't beat the Colts-Pats. I think any matchup of the four would be a great game.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Whoops..you're correct. For whatever reason I was thinking 17-14. My point is that the Pats would be favorites, and they should be, but there's no reason to think the Bears-Saints can't beat the Colts-Pats. I think any matchup of the four would be a great game.
And we had a shot at the end of the game to win it. It was a close game my friend. And it'd be interesting to face you guys in the SB for a 2nd time this season.

Btw, I don't want the Pats to win, but I just have a feeling that the magic is going to continue.

Pats - 27
Colts - 20

I know I know, but I've gotta pick who I think is going to win this game, and that is the Pats, unfortunately.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, I have not felt good this whole three weeks of playoffs action and this week was the most slow and painful week I have ever endured. The Colts just do this to me every year since I can remember. I have faint memories of Jim Harbaugh getting sacked and the Hail Mary in '95.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bigger thread: This one or NFC Champ thread?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix
Well done! You can count! A+ for you

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix
Well done! You can count! A+ for you

Wow, I meant outcome, any idiot can tell that.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats by 6 so I can be right on my Pats/Bears Superbowl pick at the beginning of the playoffs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with the Colts. Manning will have a good game today.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote