Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 07-14-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default AFCN Champ sub .500 ??

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=433766

While I thought the article was interesting, I think there are to many variables at this time to make the statement based solely on schedule results from last season. No one knows the impact that new coaches and players are going to have on the teams that didn't do so well last season or if the teams that made the playoffs will be able to get back there.

While I could see 9-7 winning the AFC North this season, thinking a sub .500 record is going to make it in, is a bit much to swallow at this point. I think it will be a hard fought year in the AFCN, because to tell you the truth, I think all 4 teams have the ability to hit 8-8 if not 9-7. If they will or not is obviously another question...

Oh yeah, this board has been dead recently...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll just say this.

No way Jose.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No chance.... 9-7 like you said but I'd have to think one team hits the double digit win mark.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I would agree with the 10-6 mark taking the North and I would also like to add that I think the Bengals have the possibility of being that team.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
I would agree with the 10-6 mark taking the North and I would also like to add that I think the Bengals have the possibility of being that team.
I would like to add that you need your own medic.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This division is much more wide open than most people would like to admit. Steelers are the fave with (IDK WHY) the Browns being the number 2 and us being number 3 at this point. I could see us at 9 wins though but I doubt that will be enough.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Steelers are easily the dominant force in the division right now, but The Bengals have arguably the best offense in our division (I know some Browns fan is going to come in here and tell me otherwise, but I digress) and Ravens have arguable the best defense in our division. With that being said, I realize the Bengals and Ravens are the two weakest teams in the division right now, but they both have the firepower to be elite on at least 1 side of the ball, and if their off-season changes / developments have done anything, they might be able to tip the scale enough on the other side of the ball to be competitive teams.

If the Ravens find any sort of a game manager in Joe Flacco / Troy Smith / Kyle Boller they could win the division. All they need is a QB who can help complete a fair amount of key 3rd downs and not throw INTs. A Garrard of last season would be perfect - 15-20 TDs and 3-8 INTs.

And the bengals just need Odom and Rivers to help that front seven enough that we don't get run all over. I'll tell you, the most disappointing thing about last year was hearing stuff like "Larry Johnson just had first 100+ rushing yard game of the season today" or "Marshawn Lynch just had his first 100+ rushing yard game of his career today" from announcers - thats the core of our problems.

Anyways, I'll agree right now its Steelers > Browns > Bengals > Ravens, but its not as set in stone as the patriots winning the AFCE :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:18 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
And I would suggest that you stop underestimating the changes that have been made by all teams in the Division and quit being such a homer...

I will be more than happy to agree that the Steelers are the best team in the Division right now, but it's not always that simple. They, much like most teams don't know how things are going to shake out with the new guys and could just as easily take a step backwards from last season.

Do you really think someone is going 13-3 in the AFCN this season ?? I think not. Once again, looking at the schedules, I would say 10-6 is almost a lock and possibly even 9-7 could take the AFCN this year.

That being said, I think every team in this Division is capable of going 8-8 and I truly believe the Division will be decided by tie breaker. Hell, there might be a 3 way tie breaker going on come the end of the season.

Looking at the two teams the Ravens and Bengals have versus the Steelers and Browns, it's not hard to imagine unless you fail to take off the homer tinted galsses and be objective.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=434207

Then you have this one from the Sporting News a couple days ago...

Last edited by BengalMedic : 07-15-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see at least 1 person who isn't throwin us under the bus. I still am not honestly sold on Cleveland being as great a team as everyone acts like they are. Ya they got us in that shoot out in Cleveland but the home game when we knocked them out of playoff contention looked more like the way they have played the last few years.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 07-15-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Good to see at least 1 person who isn't throwin us under the bus. I still am not honestly sold on Cleveland being as great a team as everyone acts like they are. Ya they got us in that shoot out in Cleveland but the home game when we knocked them out of playoff contention looked more like the way they have played the last few years.
The shoot out caught us off guard imo. We had know idea Anderson was going to throw that much (remember, that was his first start of the season. Charlie Frye was starting before that - so Anderson literally didn't have any experience and we had no game tape or ideas about him). Once both teams had time to develop over the course of a season, we finally starting getting our crap together and our defense was playing better.

Cleveland is exactly what the bengals were in 05'. They had all the right pieces on offense, but it didn't come together until the final pieces were put in right before the 07' season. They caught people off guard and they got a good record. The true test comes this year, if they can repeat that success (or because our schedule is so tough, they need to at least show that they are the same team).
Old 07-16-2008, 06:51 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I think Cleveland has been improving for some time and has had a HUGE rash of bad luck with injuries. Everyone (for the most part) can acknowledge that and you can see the results from having those players back on the field producing.

That being said, it amazes me how NO ONE can acknowledge the fact the Bengals had HUGE injury issues last season and just assume they are going to be at the bottom of the Division regardless. Just baffles me, but will take the "under the radar" status without thought...
Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll be a different team next year... For the better or worse I'm not sure but it won't be the same team we've been seeing.

Bump-n-Run
Pass Catching TE
Hopefully healthy Chris Perry
Better LB core than we've had the past 2 seasons
Best secondary we've had since Tory James started sucking

blah blah... A lot of it hinges on potential and question marks being answered. There's reason for optimism.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We'll be a different team next year... For the better or worse I'm not sure but it won't be the same team we've been seeing.

Bump-n-Run
Pass Catching TE
Hopefully healthy Chris Perry
Better LB core than we've had the past 2 seasons
Best secondary we've had since Tory James started sucking

blah blah... A lot of it hinges on potential and question marks being answered. There's reason for optimism.
I agree. Our offense looks so good right now I think we might be better than the 05' season.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the schedule the NFCN has, I honestly don't think any team will win more than 10 games.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:10 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

The NFC North ?? Outside of Green Bay, it doesn't look all that bad. You want bad, look at Pittsburghs schedule !!!

I think the Bengals new look on offense and improved defense will catch people off guard, but once again, looking at the huge injuries we had last season, it shouldn't...
Old 07-18-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I think he met AFCN, if not, wrong forum.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 07-21-2008, 08:26 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Yep, a 10 game winner would just about put a wrap on the AFCN this year, but then again, it only takes a couple of fluke type things to change a "W" to a "L" and vice versa. Anyway around, it will be an interesting season in the AFCN !!!