Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:22 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default No Long Term for Andrews

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6877

I like the fact they are talking to Whitworth's agent and TJ's as well, (Oh yeah Shayne is a MUST) but I can't think of to much that is irrtating me more right now than the inability to get Andrews done to a long term deal.

They extend oldass willie while letting Steinbach walk and then tag Andrews when there is no slot for him. How do you a pay a guy that much and NOT start him ?? That being said, how do you give substantial playing time to a guy that you KNOW isn't going to be there next year ?? Please don't tell me you think Andrews wants to be here next year either.

I had a ton of thoughts on this, but am already good and pissed off, so I will let you guys comment and get back to it later...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we could keep him but it doesn't look all that likely. Sucks that he doesn't have enough sense to realize that he probably wouldn't be anywhere if the Bengals hadn't developed him alongside Big Willie. That said, if Willie is healthy he can still be a dominant tackle for another 2-3 years. Whitworth can also step in at RT after Willie is gone anyway. I also think we got a huge steal with Anthony Collins who could play either RT or LT if need be.

Having too many good lineman is a good problem to have. Though it's a big price for Andrews. He will play somewhere though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If theres one thing I trust this organization to do, its draft good linemen. We could lose Levi at the end of the year and I'd trust that he gets replaced. Losing Andrews would suck, because he does look good when he gets to play, but if he wants to go play with his brother, then thats a personal reason and we're never going to get him to stay around.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think OT could be our first round choice next year. Depending on how Willie does this year with injuries.
If he retires, I hope he has more in the tank, then we will almost for sure draft OT in Rd 1

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have two tackles that it seems they are pretty confident in after Stacey, Levi, and Willie. Whitworth and Collins could be the future so I wouldn't say OT is our first priority next season.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 07-17-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I still say defense will be the first round pick again next year, but will never rule out O-linemen either. That being said, I just feel the whole Andrews thing was mishandled from the start, but I also don't know what else the Bengals could have done in regards to Andrews...
Old 07-18-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Ya people will probably give us hell for giving him that much money and not being able to bring it back but really in regards to his talent level its worth it. If we end up signing him long term we have won and even if we don't he will still play a very effective role this season.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 07-19-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well Andrews didnt even want to be on the team...He wants to go to another team and we should trade him rather than just settle for a 3rd round comp pick next year after he leaves. We could really get something for him but now we are going to get the same thing we got for steinbach.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
well Andrews didnt even want to be on the team...He wants to go to another team and we should trade him rather than just settle for a 3rd round comp pick next year after he leaves. We could really get something for him but now we are going to get the same thing we got for steinbach.
I disagree. if we're going to lose Andrews no matter what, I'd like to keep him this year, and get a comp pick next year rather than trade him and not have him for 08 and get even a 1st round pick next year.

I know it sounds stupid, but if Willie or Levi gets injured this year, we need Stacey to step up. And I know a lot of people like Collins but I doubt he can step up this early.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Collins won't be needed to step up this year but a year from now he might be the go to guy. Not an ideal situation but definitely do-able. I want to know where you guys are getting that Stacey "doesn't want to be here". Not saying its not true but it doesn't seem like something he would do/say.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 07-20-2008, 05:01 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've heard all along that he wants to play with his brother in Philly
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

thats what the word is but has he actually come out and said that? I think he should show a little appreciation is all.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 07-20-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

read this article

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6645

it says in there that he wanted to play with his brother.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he proves REALLY worthy of the franchise tag all we have to do is put it on him again (at whatever increase you have for another year).

It sucks to develop a guy that well and then lose him, our team may be off on some things but they're not off on developing Oline talent. Two more years out of Willie then groom Collins into a tackle.

I have faith in the team at Oline. They pay the guys and they develop them well so I'm not complaining. They know what they're doing in that regard.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I would love to see a monster deal like Andrews to the Titans for Haynesworth !!! Then again, I would like a few million dollars to suddenly appear in my bank account. Odds are neither would happen !!! I also agree that Andrews gives us either a starter or depth that is greatly needed for the "just in case" stuff, but it still just irks me...