Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 07-12-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Favre

Just wondering what yall would think if we traded for or signed Favre. As a football fan in general, I would hate if 1. he came back, and 2. if he played for someone else besides the Packers. But he would give us a legit QB, which would open up our offense to an incredible degree, and Flacco wouldn't get rushed into action. And Boller would be released...

I don't think it would happen, but would yall want Favre in the purple and black.

Last edited by America : 07-13-2008 at 01:08 PM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Silver and Black? Did you mean the black and purple?
The only way, that I would approve this trade is if it was like for a 7th Round pick or someone like a Cory Ross.
+ Releasing Boller would be a nice thing to happen.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt we are interested but I wouldnt mind if he came here. he could really help Flacco and probably make us a Super Bowl contender if he was a Raven.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Silver and Black? Did you mean the black and purple?
The only way, that I would approve this trade is if it was like for a 7th Round pick or someone like a Cory Ross.
+ Releasing Boller would be a nice thing to happen.
my bad, i remember thinking silver and black, and being no its purple and black, but i did it anyways.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think he'd even want to come here...we are the Ravens...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:46 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a Bengals fan, I would love to see Favre bring his INT's to Baltimore. 62 INT's in the past 3 seasons ?? Can't see how you would really want him outside of being a mentor for Flacco. Hell, Boller and McNair together over the past 3 seasons didn't throw that many INT's.

I'm just not a Favre fan and can't see him really being the answer for you guys...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SKim172
Rookie

SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SKim172 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Well, let's face it, Favre is probably better than any of the three QBs on the roster. He's definitely on the decline, but he could give us a decent season to protect the young QBs and train 'em up with his experience.

I could see the Packers being interested in trading him. Out of division, out of conference, out of mind. As for Favre, he probably won't like it, but honestly, the Ravens are a better team than most of his realistic options. Most of the teams in need of a starting QB are not winning teams. Ravens have a good running game and a good defense and more of a chance for Favre to start winning now than say, Chicago or Miami.

That said, I doubt it happens. For one, the Ravens coaches really believe in their young QBs and that one of them will step up and be the player they need, which isn't a superstar, but a game manager. He doesn't have to be Brett Favre, he just needs to be Trent Dilfer.

Second, the cap hit would be tremendous. According to league rules, even if Favre restructured his contract, the team he's traded to needs to be able to get him in under the salary cap with his initial salary. With all the expiring contracts coming up, I don't see this happening.

But, if we start hearing about the Ravens actively pursuing Favre, then you can bet it's because the coaches have lost confidence in their QBs. So I'd say keep an eye on the situation at least into the middle of training camp.