Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 07-15-2008, 07:24 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Bengals sign three picks...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6872

Bengals get three picks signed...

DT Jason Shirley (5th round)
TE Matt Sherry (6th round)
WR Mario Urrutia (7th round)

I think they really need to focus on Rivers and Sims as well, but will take this as a start. I know I will probably get beat up on this one, but I am really glad they got Shirley in. He's the guy I want to see come in with a chip on his shoulder and show what a big boy in the middle looks like. At 6'5, 340lbs, and can run ?? I really hope he's not Askew Jr. !!!
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isnt like Askew because he actually has potential and talent. Couldnt really care about the other two guys. Urrutia is looking like a PS guy to me.

Shirley has the potential to put us over the hump of having crappy defenses.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Urrutia is a BIG guy, but seems destined for the practice squad as well...
Old 07-15-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urrutia will probably be sent to the PS and maybe become a project as a future TE opposite Utecht. Sherry could also challenge in the future though n I wouldn't be surprised if he was also relegated to PS this season.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After signing Ben, I was surprised we went with a TE at all. Considering when we had none we never did.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-16-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can rest easy now knowing they're signed.[/sarcasm]

On a serious note, nice to get the ball rolling.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:54 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I like seeing it, because it will finally keep people from b*tching so much about why there has been no action, when in fact it happens this way EVERY year for the Bengals.

Yeah, the Sherry pick kind of confused me as well and irritates me even more than the Shirley pick at the time. We already had Utecht in the fold and had people that could produce behind him. I know it's a 6th round pick, but it almost seems like a waste knowing going in that he was going to be stuck on the practice squad without much thought...
Old 07-16-2008, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have such high expectations for Utecht that I could care less about Sherry getting signed, but its good to see some signing get done anyways, at least we know the contracts are starting.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I agree with the high expectations for Utecht. It will be nice to see what Carson can do with a TE that knows how to do everything. That and seeing opposing defenses actually have to plan for yet another weapon when before it really wasn't a consideration when playing the Bengals. I CAN'T WAIT !!!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They BETTER not let Keith miss any camp time due to contract problems. He needs to be there every step of the way.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 07-16-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
They BETTER not let Keith miss any camp time due to contract problems. He needs to be there every step of the way.
Yeah im gonna be uber pissed if he misses any camp. MIKE PAY THE MAN WHO WILL SAVE THE DEFENSE.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-17-2008, 07:48 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Rivers HAS to be the priority in regards to what he is going to bring in terms of immediate production. Sims would be a distant second, but Rivers has got to get done. The Bengals cannot afford to have him miss any time in camp...
Old 07-18-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

give him anything he wants. seriously.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 07-21-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Well, it appears some other 1st rounders are getting done, so lets hope the Bengals and Rivers come to some agreement sooner rather than later. This has to be PRIORITY #1 for them going into camp !!!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Well, now there's news of 3 more picks getting done with Sims, Collins, and Lynch. I'm glad to get Sims done and think with the Patriots getting Mayo done at #10, Rivers can't be far off. Here's to hoping Simpson gets in as well, but color me less concerned about him being there than Rivers.

On a side note, the Bengals released CB Blue Adams. I guess his injuries were more than the Bengals felt they could deal with. He was a special teams guy for the most part, but I for one won't miss his stupid personal foul penalties anymore !!!