Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-28-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink

Default The Daily Show or The Colbert Report?

This question is for people who watch these shows on Comedy Central. While they are both political satires, they both have their differences in humor. They are both great, but the question is which do you prefer to watch? My vote goes to the Daily Show. This is not to discuss politics, just which you prefer.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:02 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I watch them both but I gotta go with Colbert Report.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

If you threw in Sportscenter, my head would explode trying to make a decision.

CR < Daily Show opening sequence / news
DS < Colbert Report "Tonight's Word"
CR < Daily Show interview

so, Daily Show gets my vote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Bruise
Rookie

Bruise hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jon Stuart uses comedy that is direct and normally makes fun of something. Stephen Colbert uses goofy satire to achieve laughs, but mostly makes himself as stupid as the things he's making fun of.

I watch the Colbert Report more because it has things going on all the time, but the Daily Show is a better overall program.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colbert Report
Old 03-28-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Jerzeyrugger
Rookie

Jerzeyrugger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

great thread, i love both shows and watch them both....but i'm going with the CR because of how stephen runs over to the interviewer while taking high fives

sig by Raiderfan_89

I DIDN'T BOO ANY OF OUR FIRST ROUND PICKS!!!
Jerzeyrugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Some Dude
Rookie

Some Dude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Probably Daily show, although I watch both.
Some Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Jon Stewart has become too much of a whiney liberal, Colbert Report is a lot funnier.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
my future me
Veteran

my future me hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Jon Stewart has become too much of a whiney liberal, Colbert Report is a lot funnier.
CR is pure satire
Old 03-28-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink
NewAgePack
Veteran

NewAgePack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like the daily show a little bit better cause it's easier to understand.
NewAgePack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colbert just needs to get better at his interviews and then that show would win. Stewart is just incredible there. It's funny with both different sides of the spectrum in terms of the satire they dispose, and I more enjoy when it's the other side being used. Heh...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:56 PM    (permalink
krebstar2000
Veteran

krebstar2000 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love them both, Daily show for news and he always has intresting interviews. But I love Colbert report because it's a dead on satire of fox news. I don't know if most people don't understand that or what but that's all it is. It reminds me of how the daily show started out. My favorites are when he does the congresional districts, very good stuff.
krebstar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:02 AM    (permalink
The Fat Kid
Pro Bowler

The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid

there should be a handycap here, because steven is all alone on his show, while jon has other people ( dan bakkedahl, rob coodry, nate coordy, ed helms, lewis black, jason jones, demitry martin) im cheating here and sayin its a tie. jon makes jokes, steven makes fun of people.

Daily Show = Colbert Report

Quote:
If you threw in Sportscenter, my head would explode trying to make a decision.
i agree

sig by CalBears99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I HAVE ISSUES!
The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:34 AM    (permalink
giantfAn

colbert report... haha i love to watch "the word" funniest part of show usually.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:25 AM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like how colbert interviews, lol, he always forces the person to say they hate our troops or hate america... and as stupid as he knows he sounds he never breaks down into laughter.

jon just cant keep a straight face anymore.

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy Colbert's show better.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Vespasian
Veteran

Vespasian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Daily Show although the Word is funny.

Sig by Raiderfan_89
Vespasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
RexGrossmans-cheesecake
Veteran

RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.

Has anyone seen the "Da Vinci Code" thing they did on the Colbert report?

Thanks BoneKrusher!
RexGrossmans-cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Dwight

The best part of Stewart's show was Colbert.. now you get pure Colbert... so Colbert. Jon's show gets horribly boring when he goes into his interviews, which is usually when I change the channel.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight
The best part of Stewart's show was Colbert.. now you get pure Colbert... so Colbert. Jon's show gets horribly boring when he goes into his interviews, which is usually when I change the channel.
Dwight is so smart. I agree with him.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They both are excellent and make great combos with Conan, but I'd have to give the slightest possible advantage to the Daily Show, although Colbert just keeps getting better.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

From the creators of the Colbert Report...the Colbert Report.

tied up now
Old 03-29-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Colbert Reports satire. The Daily Show makes jokes, the Colbert Report is a joke. I liked the one when Colbert interviewed the guy about our privacy rights. The guy said he would let his wife or girlfriend listen in, but not his president. Colbert would not drop it, he just kept asking if his girlfriend knew what he was doing. It was absolutely hilarious. Or when he has a huge liberal on his show and he asks, George Bush, great president, or the greatest president. Then he told one guy, for the record Ben Franklin said great. Then it cuts to him interviewing Ben Franklin, and Ben Franklin says, I have honestly never met the man, so Colbert whispers to himself, so I'll put you down for great.

Colbert Report is just pure comic genious, right up there with south park in terms of satire.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Somebody mentioned the Fox News things.

I bet for about 1/3 of the people who watch don't get what is really going on when they show the Fox News clips. Since the 2000 election, Fox News's republican-ness is super obvious. Like 2 weeks after the Dick Chaney incident, they showed news clips of people saying it wasn't a big deal. Every single one was associated with Fox. What I find funny is how he doesn't mention any of the obvious bias-ness of Fox.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink

Colbert seems to like to try and poke fun his guest by putting words in their mouth just to see how they'll react. The reactions are almost funnier than what he says at times. Jon Stewart discusses issues and makes more jokes about what they are taking about rather than what the person thinks.