Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst of these teams?
Cincinnati Bengals 10 17.86%
Chicago bears 22 39.29%
Carolina Panthers 7 12.50%
Arizona Cardinals 6 10.71%
Houston Texans 2 3.57%
Buffalo Bills 6 10.71%
Tennessee Titans 3 5.36%
Washington Redskins 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still not sold on a lot of things for Houston
Matt Schaub, though he is an upgrade over Carr
The Oline, though it has gotten better
Runningbacks, also imrpoving, but im still not sold on their group
SECONDARY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully their young and aggressive D-line can make up for their secondarys short comings

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Cincy. Bad D, their O isn't what it once was and the running game is very inconsistent.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Start a poll for #21
Old 07-29-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
SECONDARY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully their young and aggressive D-line can make up for their secondarys short comings
Well the Browns had a terrible D and a below average pass-rush and they still went 10-6. I think the Texans have fewer holes and will also finish 10-6.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
SECONDARY!!!!!!!!!!!

That offense is good enough added to the average defense to be an above .500 team. They're no where near being picked, IMO
Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, I'd saythe Bengals. They are in a similar situation with the Bears except that the strengths and weaknesses are switched. I know that makes no sense, but each has a great team on one side of the ball, and a very poor team opposing it. Bears are the next one off of the boards IMO.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am ignoring homerism here when I say that the Ealges will make the playoffs this year, as long as McNabb and Westbrook stay healthy. They have the potential to reach the NFC conference game, key word being potential, but there are a lot of teams in the NFC who are capable of doing so. It will come down to health and luck if you ask me.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I am ignoring homerism here when I say that the Ealges will make the playoffs this year, as long as McNabb and Westbrook stay healthy.
That's a big WHAT IF.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went with the Cardinals. Leinart has been horrible in his short career and Warner is ancient. Losing Pace hurts their pass rush and they did nothing to improve on one of the league's worst running offenses. They haven't had a non losing season since 1998. Sweet stadium though.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I am ignoring homerism here when I say that the Ealges will make the playoffs this year, as long as McNabb and Westbrook stay healthy. They have the potential to reach the NFC conference game, key word being potential, but there are a lot of teams in the NFC who are capable of doing so. It will come down to health and luck if you ask me.
I absolutely loathe the Eagles and I guarantee they finish second in the East.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Start a poll for #21
Done. Sorry, I was working on some independent study homework at Starbucks.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I still think it's the Panthers. I can't get excited about their defense, and that offense is fragile. They really need Jonathon Stewart to come up with a great rookie season if they want to stay out of a season of double digit losses. And I don't know if he's able to do that.
I know this poll is already closed, but somebody always emerges we don't expect, and Carolina is looking like that team...Yes your correct in them needing Stewart to produce a great season but I see him having a Lynch-like impact in his first season, good enough that Deangelo will make his plays, and so will Smith as always...But they have pieces to make that offense very potent, they will be battling with the Saints to win that division, its more of a hunch then anything, but seeing as how there are always a few teams to surprise, people have been labeling them as a Super Bowl team for a long time now and I at least expect a playoff experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually not voting for the Panthers any time soon. Coming back from Tommy John in football isn't as drastic as in baseball, where a ton more stress is put on your elbow versus football. I expect big things from that offense. Steve Smith is gonna do what Steve Smith do, and DeAngelo and J-Stew should provide a very good running game. Their LB corps along with their secondary will be very good. There's nothing to indicate that Peppers won't be his old self again after just one down season.