Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Santos-Stanton47
Veteran

Santos-Stanton47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Smile Goin To TC! TIPS?? NOTES??

I'm going to Patriots training camp tomorrow for my 5th or so time. I didn't get the opportunity last year, but I want to plan this out much better than i have in the past. I can get some really good autographs (Vinatieri, Bruschi, Mankins, Givens, Graham, Ted Johnson, Law, Crennel, Weis, Milloy) just to name a few highlights. But I really want the big fish this year! Seymour, Brady, Moss, Harrison, Welker, Vrable, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had tips to getting big name players to come to you. In the past I would just yell out something about how my mom loves them, or some random stupid fact like that, most of the time worked, or i would use my aggressive weaving style in the pit of sweaty 8 year olds to get the autograph.

Also, if anyone wants me to report on what i saw, notes, etc. I will, just specify the want.

Bottom lines. Does anyone have wierd facts about these big name players, to catch their attention by standing out from the consistent scream of their name..or tips on how to get the better autographs (position wise?)

Any help would be great!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be smart to wear their jersey and tell them you followed them threw out their entire career and something like that.

Also be there early, its Boston so traffic might be a pain.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell them they suck, and then explain you were joking, and tell them how much you appreciate all the work they put in. Sometimes a sense of humor goes a long way.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, beyond wearing their jersey, knowing something valuable about their career might help garner some attention, but it is hard to really yell those things out of a crowd or anything.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring a camera!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look up and fine the crane, or tower in which they film and stay near there. Usually the most important parts of a practice are filmed, so stay by the film tower, and you should be able to see some cool things.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Santos-Stanton47
Veteran

vinatieri didnt find it creepy that my mom has a crush on him, and wants to marry him, it caught him outta nowhere. Say what u want about him, he is the nicest, most down to earth football player i've met. He thought it was cool i shared his name, and we shook hands on that.. haha. My brother professed his love to Lawyer while he was takin a break at the water cooler, and then he plugged his ear with his glove and laughed.

We also started a birthday song at the end of TC for Tom Brady, and got EVERYONE in the place to sing it...Vrable began conducting us and other players were laughin histerically..It's really fun. i just hate to be another annoying kid in their eyes who are just yellin their name out obnoxiously (not that autograph begging isnt)

Is it smart to ask one player to get another player for u? ( saw it happen with Troy Brown and David Givens)

Is it smart or VERY dumb to announce that your a big fan of that players former rival team (Ex: Michigan State to Tom Brady)

Is it smart to sound like a coach (with humor) Ex: U need some Humble Pie! Sign my Football! or "Finish everything you do, keep your fans happy, start with me" (this years theme "finishing")
Old 07-30-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Santos-Stanton47
Veteran

HUGE IDEA!

Just like anything in life, if u want to be prepped and succeed. You gotta do what? Your homework!

So i've been finding out wierd facts about these guys, and writing them down

for example Randy GENE Moss
Wesley "The Natural" Welker- one of only 2 players to record a FG, XP, Tackle, KR and PR in Pro History.

Vincent Lamar Wilfork holds the FL state rec. of 68 ft shot put

Stuff like that. will get noticed when its screamed at earshot....

if i could have anyone who is bored, help research as many interesting, non obvious facts as possible about Patriots players. it would be very appreciated
Old 07-30-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos-Stanton47 View Post
or i would use my aggressive weaving style in the pit of sweaty 8 year olds to get the autograph.
How nice of you, cutting in front of small children to get meaningless autographs.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Santos-Stanton47
Veteran

That's Right! :)

It's a cold world out there... ;)
Old 07-30-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
saer

Quote:
That's Right! :)

It's a cold world out there... ;)
Survial of the Fittest!! Charles Darwin is my hero! Natural Selection FTW! I have seniority! :D
Old 07-30-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I always do is I bring a Football, call their name and throw it at them, either they are going to catch it and sign it, or get clunked in the head. Security never gets angry at me or anything. I have a University of Miami football signed by Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, Rocky McIntosh, Santana Moss, and Buck Ortega, all from TC using this technique. I threw a ball at Smoot last year and it slipped through his hands and the crowd showered him with butterfinger boo's.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
palm beach county 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
What I always do is I bring a Football, call their name and throw it at them, either they are going to catch it and sign it, or get clunked in the head. Security never gets angry at me or anything. I have a University of Miami football signed by Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, Rocky McIntosh, Santana Moss, and Buck Ortega, all from TC using this technique. I threw a ball at Smoot last year and it slipped through his hands and the crowd showered him with butterfinger boo's.
tha u is sick how did you get that signed by all them
Old 07-30-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Santos-Stanton47
Veteran

throw it with a sharpie taped to it? or jus throw it and they'll find me?

i got a nice white pats ball i could use
Old 07-30-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
throw it with a sharpie taped to it? or jus throw it and they'll find me?

i got a nice white pats ball i could use
Well the Skins are so good with Autograph's, they will stay an extra hour after practice to sign autograph's, and the staff brings them Sharpie's. LaVar Arrington is the only player who never signed autographs. In the middle of practice if you scream at Smoot to dance, he will dance and doesn't care if the coaches get mad at him. The players really interact with the fans.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Smith and John Kasay routinely refuse to sign autographs for douche bags who push kids out of the way. Kasay makes them go to the back of the crowd lol.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Santos-Stanton47
Veteran

hmm... yeah the patriots are too, its just they do chunks of fans then leave, and to get anyone to start at your section is tough..thats why im getting creepy and finding out the names of their HS coaches, and more..:D
Old 07-30-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Santos-Stanton47
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Steve Smith and John Kasay routinely refuse to sign autographs for douche bags who push kids out of the way. Kasay makes them go to the back of the crowd lol.

ohh come on. i didnt mean that. its just i wont let someone else go before me, i dont get forceful, but im not generous. Why would I? i'm not going to see them again, i dont care if i look like a jerk to that kid, i got mine and thats all that matters at that time...

when it comes down to it, its normally not me or him. its me and everyone else. but next 10 kids in line are just unlucky
Old 07-30-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not necessarily saying you're a jack-ass, just saying what happens when people push kids at Carolina's training camps.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just hope you get lucky, and probably stand by all the little kids. If you're tall enough, you can just reach over them. I got a hella ton of autographs last year. Sharper, Richardson, Udeze, Cedric Griffin, Ryan Cook, Ryan Longwell, Kevin Williams, Chester Taylor, Mike Doss and some PS guys that were cut. I got Kevin to sign my jersey. That made my year. Couldn't ask for any autographs today, though. There on business getting tape for a radio station I intern at. I did get to stand RIGHT next to Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen, though. :)
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My idea would be to throw out a reference to the university they went to. I'm guessing they would respond to somethind dealing with their alma-mater.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote