Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-28-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBears99
I've seen some of his sigs and they are really really good. Bearfan54 is pretty good too.
(bow)

thanks, but I am nowhere as good as Nexx, Vince Adi, Clover, VLS.
But It is good, that I am finally getting recognition from my fellow people who I have made sigs for. You just made my day :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

CalBears99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan54
Quote:
I've seen some of his sigs and they are really really good. Bearfan54 is pretty good too.
(bow)

But It is good, that I am finally getting recognition from my fellow people who I have made sigs for. You just made my day :D
yeah homes! the sig bearfan54 made for me is nasty tho, u guys have to admit

sig by Nyi28nhl from Islander Mania
CalBears99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
IDK guys, I think i've been most impressed by VLS
i may just need to make you a sig for that... :D pm me later if you want one.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
(bow)

You attempted to make me one and it was great, just Nexx was greater.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGF 216/137
Nexx's sigs have the collest animation but I like CF, AD and Snuff more.
You took the words right out of my mouth...I love you. :D
Funny that I hate you.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

CalBears99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Funny that I hate you.
Oh, that's not very nice.

sig by Nyi28nhl from Islander Mania
CalBears99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Raidernexx
Rookie

Raidernexx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
This is kinda stupid really. Sigmaking is way too objective of an artform for anybody to truely be considered the best. Everybody has different tastes. The only thing anybody should care about is developing their own originality/style, not being the "best". I know Nexx would agree because I've had this same exact conversation with him before. With all that said, I don't think it's a secret to anyone just how talented Nexx is with graphics. That's why he makes his living doing them (not sigs, but other graphics related jobs).

People fail to realise that all of us, from the guys who are professionals to those of us who are new to graphics and just make sigs for fun, are doing this free of charge, spending our own time just to make these graphics for people for free. Sometimes It really bothers me when people fail to realise that and they get demanding or refuse a (FREE!) sig from somebody because they don't think they're a good enough sigmaker.
Man VL, I'm just gonna co-sign on this entire statement.
Thanks for pointing all of this out!
Not that I don't appreciate the kind comments, but everyone who takes the time to do free artwork for someone else on this forum or any other forum deserves props and respect whether they're just beginning or have been using Photoshop since birth.

I've always said, "I know my stuff ain't gonna be everybody's cup-o-tea, but it's not about that."
That said, am I the "best sig maker?" The answer is an emphatic "no".
I hope I don't offend any other sig makers out there by saying this, but "there is no such thing as the best sig maker!"

Just as a comparison: You can't say that Picasso was a better artist than Dali. I may like Dali's work more than Picasso, but it's all just preference.
If you're a sig maker "have fun doing it!"
If you're requesting a sig, be thankful to the person who's taking the time to do it for you, no matter how experienced they may be.

Nexx

A bright spot in last year's draft!
Raidernexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
I still think the sig I have by snuff is one of the best made Michigan ones I have seen.
My old LT sig was one of my favorites I've ever seen and thus snuff is amazing.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:17 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidernexx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
This is kinda stupid really. Sigmaking is way too objective of an artform for anybody to truely be considered the best. Everybody has different tastes. The only thing anybody should care about is developing their own originality/style, not being the "best". I know Nexx would agree because I've had this same exact conversation with him before. With all that said, I don't think it's a secret to anyone just how talented Nexx is with graphics. That's why he makes his living doing them (not sigs, but other graphics related jobs).

People fail to realise that all of us, from the guys who are professionals to those of us who are new to graphics and just make sigs for fun, are doing this free of charge, spending our own time just to make these graphics for people for free. Sometimes It really bothers me when people fail to realise that and they get demanding or refuse a (FREE!) sig from somebody because they don't think they're a good enough sigmaker.
Man VL, I'm just gonna co-sign on this entire statement.
Thanks for pointing all of this out!
Not that I don't appreciate the kind comments, but everyone who takes the time to do free artwork for someone else on this forum or any other forum deserves props and respect whether they're just beginning or have been using Photoshop since birth.

I've always said, "I know my stuff ain't gonna be everybody's cup-o-tea, but it's not about that."
That said, am I the "best sig maker?" The answer is an emphatic "no".
I hope I don't offend any other sig makers out there by saying this, but "there is no such thing as the best sig maker!"

Just as a comparison: You can't say that Picasso was a better artist than Dali. I may like Dali's work more than Picasso, but it's all just preference.
If you're a sig maker "have fun doing it!"
If you're requesting a sig, be thankful to the person who's taking the time to do it for you, no matter how experienced they may be.

Nexx
Definately agree with taht and your sigs are impressive, I'm just a bigger fan of static sigs which is why I think that AD, Snuff and CG are my favorites.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Funny that I hate you.
So you're saying its over then? :evil:

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(bow)

yeah homes! the sig bearfan54 made for me is nasty tho, u guys have to admit
yeah, but I can do better now. That was when I first learned to use brushes

Quote:
Old 03-28-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
I still think the sig I have by snuff is one of the best made Michigan ones I have seen.
My old LT sig was one of my favorites I've ever seen and thus snuff is amazing.
That LT sig is one of my favorites too. I really like snuffs work, it's too bad he doesn't make sigs too often though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill go ahead and put my 2 cents in, he makes amazing animation, but for a non-animated sig, i love the style Adi uses, it looks great, i also think that CF and clover are two of the best, and of course you cant forget about D-Unit.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:50 PM    (permalink
ANBC
Veteran

ANBC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Obviously, with all the names thrown around in this thread, there are many good sig makers, but don't forget scar989. He has made many great sigs.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you guys, there is no best sigmaker. If there was though, I wouldn't be anywhere near the middle or top. :)

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did make a wallpaper a couple of weeks ago... Nothing fancy...

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Nerv

There are a lot of good sig makers on this site. It is cool that people take the time to take requests and make these graphics for others. I enjoy the sig Snuff made for me as well as the work of all the other sig guys.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:19 AM    (permalink
clover_jeez
DiG's Master
Veteran

clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks D-Unit, i too believe im underrated :D .

I think Nexx techy sigs are awesome. i dont think i could do something like that unless i spent hours teaching myself.

clover_jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:25 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover_Jeez
Thanks D-Unit, i too believe im underrated :D .

I think Nexx techy sigs are awesome. i dont think i could do something like that unless i spent hours teaching myself.
i love your present sig, and was very pleased when i saw that you used it as your banner for your site.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink
clover_jeez
DiG's Master
Veteran

clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here is my latest make

clover_jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Charger Fanatic
Old 03-29-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Eaglez.Fan

I'm not too much of a sig fan, I usually get bored of other peoples, and don't really notice them. I like quotes better . . .

||
||
\/
Old 03-29-2006, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
There are a lot of good sig makers on this site. It is cool that people take the time to take requests and make these graphics for others. I enjoy the sig Snuff made for me as well as the work of all the other sig guys.
Yeah, I dont know if many realize that the sig makers take their own time to make others sigs. Nut for sig makers, it is now getting to where their are a bunch of people asking for a sig, but they never are on to represent it.

I liked most the people I made sigs for, they were very thankful. To me, when someone goes "It is amazing" or "I love it", that makes me feel good. That is partly why I make sigs for others, that and I like making them

Quote:
Old 03-29-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink
rainman
Veteran

rainman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nexx's sigs are good but they are all the same style and tend to look all the same.

Clovers and Adi's are my favorites of the people who currently make sigs.