Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I gotta apologize to you guys. You were right about this and I was wrong all along. I just don't know what I was thinking when I criticized the pick.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't criticize when he never saw the field. Your sarcasm is funny.

Unless he was released for a reason other than Injury, its actually kind of sad that you would even say that. But hey, whatever makes you feel better.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 08-06-2008 at 01:32 PM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
You know, I gotta apologize to you guys. You were right about this and I was wrong all along. I just don't know what I was thinking when I criticized the pick.
Crickett, I wasn't around when this came up last year, but it sounds like you were disagreeing with the pick based on what Irons was going to provide the Bengals vs. when he was picked. What I didn't see was anything stating why he wouldn't have been a good RB at the time of him being drafted. He seemed to be at least a solid RB coming out of the SEC and though you didn't agree with where Perry was injury wise, Perry was at best a question mark and Rudi wasn't getting younger.

Irons sustained a major knee injury and NEVER saw a regular season carry, so it's hard to argue what he would or would not have become in this offense. Certainly not to a degree that it could be argued that the pick was good or bad.

If you want to say the defensive needs were greater, I'm cool with that and would even agree, but it's no more than a crap shoot to say definitively that it was a wasted pick. It's a shame he got injured and it's really a mute point as he will probably never play again.

Once again, I don't know you, but have to question your coming back to gloat about a point you weren't really making to begin with...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
Crickett, I wasn't around when this came up last year, but it sounds like you were disagreeing with the pick based on what Irons was going to provide the Bengals vs. when he was picked. What I didn't see was anything stating why he wouldn't have been a good RB at the time of him being drafted. He seemed to be at least a solid RB coming out of the SEC and though you didn't agree with where Perry was injury wise, Perry was at best a question mark and Rudi wasn't getting younger.

Irons sustained a major knee injury and NEVER saw a regular season carry, so it's hard to argue what he would or would not have become in this offense. Certainly not to a degree that it could be argued that the pick was good or bad.

If you want to say the defensive needs were greater, I'm cool with that and would even agree, but it's no more than a crap shoot to say definitively that it was a wasted pick. It's a shame he got injured and it's really a mute point as he will probably never play again.

Once again, I don't know you, but have to question your coming back to gloat about a point you weren't really making to begin with...
Well, keep this in mind too. This thread was the first and only time I got rep raped on this forum. So yeah, I'm coming back to gloat.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gloating over a major knee injury that will probably end his career? All class.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, keep this in mind too. This thread was the first and only time I got rep raped on this forum. So yeah, I'm coming back to gloat.
What is there to gloat about? That a guy had a likely career ending injury 2 plays into his career? You should be proud.

A healthy Irons would've been huge last year with Rudi sucking.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
What is there to gloat about? That a guy had a likely career ending injury 2 plays into his career? You should be proud.

A healthy Irons would've been huge last year with Rudi sucking.
Yeah, I'm not gloating that I was right that Kenny Irons was a poor choice by the Bengals, or how absurd the "but Chris Perry is injury prone" reasoning was, or that he's off the team after so little time. No, I'm gloating that he got hurt. Right.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If injuries didn't occur it would have been a really intelligent pick imo. You can't throw every high end pick at your defense, or else you'll end up with no offense in a few years. This year we went LB / WR too; we would have been fine on WR even if Chad left (I highly doubt Simpson plays anything more than slot and he'll be splitting that time with another receiver).

Is it a wasted pick even if he is basically useless to us this year? no, because we need to think about more than 08. Likewise with kenny, he probably would have been the 2nd back at most in 08, and probably in 09 too if he was healthy. But as a franchise you have to look past whats right in front of you and see the future. And if Kenny Irons had stayed healthy he would eventually have been Rudi's replacement I think.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not gloating that I was right that Kenny Irons was a poor choice by the Bengals, or how absurd the "but Chris Perry is injury prone" reasoning was, or that he's off the team after so little time. No, I'm gloating that he got hurt. Right.
Neither side can prove right or wrong in this case... The guy essentially never played, got hurt and was gone. Just one of those deals.

You could say he would've never worked and I can't prove you wrong. I could also say he would've been huge last year and you can't prove me wrong. Just one of those deals.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I still don't get it, but will leave it at this:

You made the argument that it wasn't a wise pick based on (I'm assuming by your reasoning provided) that the Bengals had greater defensive needs, but NOT because there was anything verifiable by his college stats that he wouldn't be a productive NFL back.

That being said, HE GOT INJURED and never took a snap thereby leaving people without ever knowing if he was going to be the productive back people thought he would or a bust.

So what exactly is there to gloat about ?? Him being released did not prove your original point...

I'll follow all of this up with, I don't really give a sh*t about him being gone as our RB depth is still pretty solid with Watson, Dorsey, and Johnson, but that wasn't the case when he was drafted...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote