Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, I'm back and ready to rock now that training camp is under way. I'm pumped for football season to start. I can't wait to see how this offense does and how the new guys on D manage.

All I gotta say is

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Anyways, is anybody going to training camp this year, and if so, please give us all the juicy details. I don't have NFL network anymore so I don't get the all access info that I used to.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the article that Dale Lolley just put up on his blog about Lamarr Woodley.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i cant wait to have that harrison woodley combo

makes me giddy

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot....-thoughts.html

Upon hearing this, the move to cut loose Anthony Smith is gaining momentum.
Eh.

Last Year I heard our defense lost it's emotion and Swagger. Smith is basically the Joey Porter of FS's and he almost guarantee's 2 wins against the bengals every year.

No reason to cut him.

Though.. Until he proves he can beat out Ryan Clark...

FS: Ryan Clark -> Ryan Mundy
SS: Troy P. -> Anthony Smith
3rd S: AnSmith.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Eh.

Last Year I heard our defense lost it's emotion and Swagger. Smith is basically the Joey Porter of FS's and he almost guarantee's 2 wins against the bengals every year.

No reason to cut him.

I agree; I keep hearing good things about Mundy, and he's a hometown kid!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh.

No reason to cut him.

Joey Porter could play his position.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An article on Dixon for those who haven't see it yet.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joey Porter could play his position.
Rewatch the Jaguars game and Tell Me Smith didn't put us in a position to win (Reg season).

Smith got a bunch of **** for the "Guarantee"

Rewatch the play, Ike Taylor quit covering Moss. Smith was playing a short zone. He then read the play. Almost broke it up too.

Smith got a lot of undo **** last year.

Which irritates me. His performance (Supposedly) Dropped about the same time Clark Haggans disappeared, Aaron Smith Got Injured, etc.

Smith was just the scapegoat. Like Ike taylor was in 06.

Joey Porter couldn't play 3-4 OLB. Joey Porter could play 4-3 SLB. Joey Porter couldn't rush the passer. Joey Porter COULD talk **** and blitz, coming unscathed.

Double Standards

Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rewatch the Jaguars game and Tell Me Smith didn't put us in a position to win (Reg season).

Smith got a bunch of **** for the "Guarantee"

Rewatch the play, Ike Taylor quit covering Moss. Smith was playing a short zone. He then read the play. Almost broke it up too.

Smith got a lot of undo **** last year.

Which irritates me. His performance (Supposedly) Dropped about the same time Clark Haggans disappeared, Aaron Smith Got Injured, etc.

Smith was just the scapegoat. Like Ike taylor was in 06.

Joey Porter couldn't play 3-4 OLB. Joey Porter could play 4-3 SLB. Joey Porter couldn't rush the passer. Joey Porter COULD talk **** and blitz, coming unscathed.

Double Standards
It wasn't even a guarantee in my opinion, at which I assume you were hinting. I don't fault him at that. We obviously all know his passion for the game is unquestionable.

To claim Porter couldn't rush the passer is questionable at best. He averaged over 8 sacks per season while with the Steelers this decade, as the starting LB every one of those years.

Smith is talking trash when he was thrown into the lineup due to injuries, as if he had earned that spot. He made some noise with his mouth, failed to produce adequately on the field, and is now back to being a backup.

I am completely fine with keeping Smith to backup Polamalu. However, Clark's health issues still linger, and it would be wise to upgrade at the FS position.

Unless of course Ryan Mundy turns out to be a 6th round steal.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
It wasn't even a guarantee in my opinion, at which I assume you were hinting. I don't fault him at that. We obviously all know his passion for the game is unquestionable.

To claim Porter couldn't rush the passer is questionable at best. He averaged over 8 sacks per season while with the Steelers this decade, as the starting LB every one of those years.

Smith is talking trash when he was thrown into the lineup due to injuries, as if he had earned that spot. He made some noise with his mouth, failed to produce adequately on the field, and is now back to being a backup.

I am completely fine with keeping Smith to backup Polamalu. However, Clark's health issues still linger, and it would be wise to upgrade at the FS position.

Unless of course Ryan Mundy turns out to be a 6th round steal.
Anthony Smith was also thrust into the limelight as a second year player.

Didn't Porter have 3-4 Years before he was a starter?

Old 08-06-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Harrison is a BAD BAD MAN

Timmons can cover the fastest guy on the team.. almost.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Harrison is a BAD BAD MAN

Timmons can cover the fastest guy on the team.. almost.
That photo of Harrison almost made me piss my pants in fear. He is just flat out scary.

That being said, I think he won't have as good a year this year as he did last from a stats perspective, simply because opposing teams will take him into account in their game plans. Hopefully that frees up other guys to step up, like Woodley.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
That photo of Harrison almost made me piss my pants in fear. He is just flat out scary.

That being said, I think he won't have as good a year this year as he did last from a stats perspective, simply because opposing teams will take him into account in their game plans. Hopefully that frees up other guys to step up, like Woodley.
I think that a 2nd year of starting plus the addition of Woodley will only help Harrison this year. Haggans didn't provide much pressure last year, teams will be forced to respect Woodley once he displays his ability and Harrison will get better match-ups.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot....nt-get-it.html
Old 08-06-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so Bloom is going to be the return man for the game against the Eagles
Old 08-07-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anthony Smith was also thrust into the limelight as a second year player.

Didn't Porter have 3-4 Years before he was a starter?
I think Porter started his 2nd season.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah im 95% sure he started his second year at pitt

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I think Porter started his 2nd season.
Started all 16 games.