Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
No Chris your right the kid played 12 games of a 16 game season. He killed our running game by either not being able to audible or his coach not trusting him to either way. The fact is when 9 - 10 guys in the box he still was only able to be average. If he is this great diamond in the rough it seems to me competition would only make him better. I just dont get it with you people you all agree he is a project but your scared to put people on the team that would compete with him. During the late ninetys did we worry about this? WHen we had Brad johnson Randall Cunningham Jeff George and Daunte Culpepper? Did we worry about hurting any of those guys feelings by bringing in competition? DId the Niners worry about it by aquiring Steve young while Montana was still winning superbowls? Or the packers when even after they had a young gunslinger they still went on to draft Mark Brunell Matt Hasselbeck Ty Detmer And Kurt Warner? NO this kind of management is how you never improve. Tom Brady was drafted shortly after there not so old QB Bledsoe had led them to the freaking superbowl. Good Teams dont sit idle they make competition at every position. Including QB.
Ugh I'm so sick of that ignorant arguement. Why is it so hard to understand that the passing game as a whole would be the correct reason. Why is it so hard realize that teams were also stacking the box because they weren't scrared of any of our WR's. In fact if you reallyyy want to get down to it Adrian slowed down but Chester averaged 7.9 YPC over that same exact stretch so why don't we blame Adrian for some of his porblems too. I mean it's not like teams hadn't been stacking the box against us until then. Teams had been stacking the box all year and some of Adrian best runs came against stacked boxes.

Quote:
ANd Im simply saying stop sheltering him and find him some competition Brett remained the starter its time for this project to man up or ship out
See but now your changing the basis of your arguement it's was not "lets just bring some competition to push him"(which absolutly no one would have a problem with), but more like "DUDE! Tarvaris is a total bust".
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

He is a BUST we gave up two third round draft picks for a guy who hasnt even proved he can play a full season. Your trying to act like this dude did something to keep his job he didnt and if he was on any other team something tells me youd see him for what he is a project. PROJECTS arent second round picks period
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is a BUST we gave up two third round draft picks for a guy who hasnt even proved he can play a full season. Your trying to act like this dude did something to keep his job he didnt and if he was on any other team something tells me youd see him for what he is a project. PROJECTS arent second round picks period
Dude, he's had one season to prove that he could stay healthy, which was the only reason he didn't start every game, so lay off. And what in the hell does that second part regarding projects even mean? In one moment you basically call him a project, than the next you go on to say that a team cannot make a project out of its second round pick, which is even more ludicrous of a statement to make. The second round as well as every other round are used all the time as places to select a "project" type player that teams wish to groom into an eventual starter for their future.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

we traded away two thirds for a project? and then got rid of any formidable competition
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kid how about Brodie Croyle, Kellen Clemens, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, all total busts too right? You expect too good of results too soon these kids are playing the hardest position in all of football. It takes time they don't all play as well as some one like Jay Cutler has.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Your trying to act like this dude did something to keep his job he didnt and if he was on any other team something tells me youd see him for what he is a project.
What?

Dude...he did do something to keep his job, did you watch the Denver game? Up until That game, I'd be right here agreeing with you, but that game Happened. That game, coupled with a noticeable and statistical improvement in accuracy and decision-making that I would've ignored too if not for the Denver game, has Earned him another season. He pretty much single-handedly brought us back against a defense that while banged-up and underachieving, had enough talent to destroy a "bust" who Had to pass to bring back his team.

And I'm pretty sure no one is arguing that he's not a project. We're simply saying he has Earned another season - and that's as good as it is scary.

And first-round picks have been spent on projects too, ya know; Vince Young, for starters.

We do need a Capable back-up, true, but you're talking about competition for some reason; there isn't and shouldn't be a competition for QB. TJack is the QB next year, and your "reasoning" for why he shouldn't be is not based on factual/objective evidence; it's based on subjective feelings.

Last edited by RollingMoss : 02-29-2008 at 11:11 AM.
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
vikesrock28

Over-rating combine stats and work outs over game play and talent faced in college contributed to Tarvaris Jackson, Demetrius Underwood, Troy Williamson, etc.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
gmose10

um Kevin Jones is a complete bust in 4 years with the Lions he never even played all 16 games with them once
Old 08-04-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
BSD

Some guys from 2002 onwards...first and second rounders only.

Bears:
Michael Haynes
Rex Grossman
Cedric Benson
Mark Bradley

Lions:
Joey Harrington
Charles Rogers
Mike Williams
Shaun Cody

Packers:
Terrence Murphy (injury)
Ahmad Carroll

Vikings:
Troy Williamson
Erasmus James
Marcus Johnson
Dontarrious Thomas
Raonall Smith
Old 08-04-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Bradley is not a bust yet

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Mark Bradley is not a bust yet
He hasn't done **** in three years. He's averaging only 12 catches a year and they have declined each season. 6 catches for 71 yards and 1 TD was what he had in 15 games last year, that's what a good WR gets in one game. As of now it's definitely fair to call him a bust.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats because sexy rex was more concerned of running around and throwing the ball away. If Mark can stay healthy, i think he could make sth happen.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BSD

Quote:
thats because sexy rex was more concerned of running around and throwing the ball away. If Mark can stay healthy, i think he could make sth happen.
Bradley hasn't done anything in the NFL as of yet. He's done less than even Troy Williamson who is basically unamiously a bust.

There is also no way you can blame Grossman for the numbers Bradley put up.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You make this list without including Joey Harrington and C-Rog... crazy.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, i'm really gonna try this...but, i'll probably get bored and quit. and i'm just gonna use players that were drafted in the past 10 years...i know somebody said players that are still playing...but, F that guy.

QB-Joey Harrington-Grossman and Jackson will never overtake him, because they had SOME success...and Harrington had much higher expectations as the 3rd overall pick.

RB-Cedric Benson-again, he takes it due to high expectations as a top 5 pick...and close to nothing in terms of production.

WR-Charles Rogers-he is the #1 bust. second pick and nothing to show for it. that sucks
WR-Mike Williams-he gets the nod over T-Will because he's been released by most NFL teams already.

TE-Greg Olson-yeah, it is too early. and it's not his fault anyway. but somebody had to win...and nobody else has drafted a TE early recently.

Offensive Line-the collective early draft picks of the Bears and Lions...and Ryan Cook.

DE-Jamal Reynolds-yeah, good thing we didn't waste this pick on Richard Seymour.
DE-Erasmus James-gets the nod over Udeze because he sucks more...and Udeze has AIDS and stuff now.
DT-Justin Harrell-because it was a stupid pick and now he's missing TC because his vagina hurts.
DT-Shaun Cody..was he a DE or a DT? i don't care. i'm putting him here.

LB-Dimitrius Underwood-i can't remember when he was drafted...but it was awesome when he retired before his rookie year.
LB-Boss Bailey-i didn't know he was that bad...but some other dude used him...so, i'll buy that.
LB-Brian Urlacher. seriously. so over rated. just kidding Bears fans.
but, seriously, i'm getting bored.

CB-Ahmad Carroll-yeah, i just toughed it out through the LBs so i could mention this ass clown.
S-Cade McNown-yeah, i know. but, nobody uses high draft picks on safetys. so, i just needed to remind everybody how bad this guy was.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Olsen is a bust? *Scratches head* Olsen had a good year last year and the arrow appears to be nothing but pointed up.

If you want a 1st round TE how about Bubba Franks? Yeah he had a decent career, but mid-1st round pick good? I certainly don't think so.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Greg Olsen is a bust? *Scratches head* Olsen had a good year last year and the arrow appears to be nothing but pointed up.

If you want a 1st round TE how about Bubba Franks? Yeah he had a decent career, but mid-1st round pick good? I certainly don't think so.
he made the pro bowl multiple times (3, i think). no way he's a bust. and, i said greg olsen wasn't a bust...but he's the only candidate since nobody else drafted a TE early.

but between Franks and Olsen, Olsen would be the bust of the two.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry but that's absurd. I don't care how many pro bowls Franks made, is he a probowl tight end? No. Olsen averaged more yards and catches in his rookie season than Franks did throughout a 7 year career with the Packers. This includes being part of a passing offense, being a starter for the majority of the time, and not playing with a ****** at quarterback. Franks sucked so bad by year 5-6 that he got shipped out of town.

Not to mention that Franks was taken 16 spots higher than Olsen in the draft. If Olsen does no better than Franks did in Green Bay I will be very suprised. You're taking a guy that's been cut over a guy that had close to 40 catches for 400 yards as a backup rookie.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm sorry but that's absurd. I don't care how many pro bowls Franks made, is he a probowl tight end? No.
This is one of the most fantastic statements I've ever read.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Thanks. The logic of Franks making the probowl is so irrational that it couldn't have possibly happened.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
This is one of the most fantastic statements I've ever read.
Its not in the times when ProBowl apparences mean popularity and when he uses pro bowl tightend as actually quality

Old 08-11-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

no. you're wrong. Bubba Franks had 5 years as a huge part of the Packer's offense and one of the most productive TEs in the league. and, stats aside, dude was a good blocker too. the fact that he faded late in his career and was replaced by younger/cheaper talent is irrelevant. ya don't have to be tony gonzalez to NOT be labled a bust.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

and, really, just the fact that greg olsen was an offensive skill position player drafted by the bears makes him a bust. david terrell, curtis enis, cedric benson, rex grossman, cade mcnown. see, the historical factor alone justifies me putting him there.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its not in the times when ProBowl apparences mean popularity and when he uses pro bowl tightend as actually quality
Either way, to say he isn't a pro bowl tight end is absolutely as false as it gets.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

So Calvin Johnson will be a bust too?