Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Diab's Other "Truths"

Chargers represent AFC in Super Bowl
I didn't want to put this as part of my NFL truths but on paper this is one of the most talented teams in the NFL. LT has a few years of elite play left, Phillip Rivers is an emerging star QB, and their defense is very stout. My only problem with them is that they are coached by Norv Turner. If Turner can improve upon what he did last year with this team then I can definitely see them representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. The only thing I can see keeping them out of the big game is Turner's coaching and losing RB Michael Turner.

Houston in the playoffs
This one is going to be pretty bold. I am very impressed with this Houston's Texans team. I like the chemistry between Schaub and Johnson, I think Steve Slaton is going to excel in their ZBS, and their defensive front 7 is extremely underrated. Mario Williams finally turned it around last year and has made New Orleans look like idiots for being so excited to draft Reggie Bush. I would not be surprised if this team hurdles Jacksonville and makes in the playoffs. They have to find a way to keep games close in order to do that and try not to let their weak secondary get exploited.

Buffalo makes the playoffs
This is probably my boldest “truth” here. If Buffalo and Houston both make the playoffs that means that Jacksonville and Pittsburgh failed to perform up to their talent level. I could definitely see that. Pittsburgh's offensive line is shaky at best. While they possess a ton of offensive weapons it won't amount to much if Roethlisberger is constantly being knocked on his ass. Their defense is still fairly strong and Timmons and Woodley should step in and contribute nicely but if an injury bug bites Pittsburgh, especially along their defensive line, then this could be a long season. 6-10 is not out of the question.
Outside of their running backs Jacksonville is very weak on offense. Their wide receivers are a very questionable bunch as far as I'm concerned. The Matt Jones project never panned out and he ended up turning into Tyrone Biggums. They brought in Troy Williamson who did diddly poo in Minnesota as well as Jerry Porter, who could be a big weapon if he decides to. On defense, I don't think Derrick Harvey or Quentin Groves will have the immediate impact that the coaching staff wants. This could be a down year for Jacksonville which leaves the door wide open for Buffalo to sneak in as a wild card.
I've already mentioned what I like about Buffalo in my truth's thread so I won't repeat myself. I don't think Dick Jauron is an outstanding coach but I think he's solid. He also knows how to play up to his strengths. Trent Edwards is a game manager right now but that offense does have the ability to open it up if they wanted to, which could be early in the season. Buffalo is a team that shouldn't be slept on.

Philadelphia makes the playoffs
I am not an Eagles fan by any stretch of the imagination but they were aggressive this offseason and it might pay off some big dividends. They continued to build up their defensive line in the draft. I'm a big fan of Trevor Laws and he should help out their pass rush. Omar Gaither is a beast and will be a recognizable name starting this year. Asante Samuel will only help their secondary with Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown. If Donovan McNabb can stay healthy (big IF) then I can see this team contending right there with Dallas. Their only problem is that Brian Dawkins is not the player he used to be and they have Quintin Mikell and Sean Considine battling for the other safety position (I had to look that up).

Derek Anderson – One year wonder
Looking at last year, DA has a coming out party. He played lights about against the Browns first game against the Bengals in week 2, then against against Miami in week 6, St. Louis in 8, and finally against Pittsburgh in a close one in week 10. On the flip side, he struggled mightily against New England in week 5 (it's NE I'll cut him some slack), against Seattle in week 9, then against Arizona in week 13, against Cincinnati in week 16, and finally in week 17 against SF.
Cleveland plays a tougher schedule this year than last and I expect DA to under perform. His 29 to 19 td to int ratio last year isn't that impressive and with the tougher schedule I expect his numbers to take a significant hit. I loved the selection of Quinn in the first round last year and still think he is the future of the franchise.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 08-17-2008 at 09:01 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

disagree, agree, agree, disagree,and disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've made a few homer bets already, but i'm willing to make another one here.

The NFC East will be decided BEFORE the final game. If you trust your "truths" as much as you should (since you posted them) you'll take me up on my offer.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

The NFC East will be decided BEFORE the final game. If you trust your "truths" as much as you should (since you posted them) you'll take me up on my offer.
These aren't my "truths". These are my "If I had balls the size of Texas I'd put these in my truths" truths.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-17-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have read 2 truths threads and they both had Bills in the playoffs.....BTW..... I just got home from training camp and everyone looked sharp and conditioned.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope to God the Chargers don't make it...
Or make it and get killed.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might have to do one of these truth's threads soon... hehe
Old 08-17-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I hope to God the Chargers don't make it...
Or make it and get killed.
Literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You cant deny the chargers from a superbowl win!!!!!!!!!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills look solid on defense and have good special teams. Add Lynch and the running game to that and they look like a good team.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

how far before Metsox?
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston and Buffalo making the playoffs means one of Indy and Jacksonville don't make it. That's some brass, son.

I don't think Houston can pull that off without a healthy Dunta Robinson to start the season, as much as I like the Texans offense and their front seven. The second wild card spot in the AFC is a battle between the Bills, Jets, and Texans imo.

PS. I've got my NFL Truths cooking and they are going too kick so much ass, it's practically unfair really. Just wait for your minds to be blown, it's going to seem like the wildest thing you ever read but 7 months from now you'll be reaching hand over foot to give me more rep for being so accurate.

Last edited by Geo : 08-18-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:00 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Houston and Buffalo making the playoffs means one of Indy and Jacksonville don't make it. That's some brass, son.

I don't think Houston can pull that off without a healthy Dunta Robinson to start the season, as much as I like the Texans offense and their front seven. The second wild card spot in the AFC is a battle between the Bills, Jets, and Texans imo.

PS. I've got my NFL Truths cooking and they are going too kick so much ass, it's practically unfair really. Just wait for your minds to be blown, it's going to seem like the wildest thing you ever read but 7 months from now you'll be reaching hand over foot to give me more rep for being so accurate.
I'd have NE, Indy, SD, and Cleveland winning the divisions w/ Houston and Buffalo getting the wild cards.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter