Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see James also.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

does anyone know if we'll have Clement play DT or End?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
does anyone know if we'll have Clement play DT or End?
He'll play end.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I think we will do with our RB situation is the way the Chargers used theirs last season. WP and RM get the majority of the carries and when third down comes, MM comes in and plays running back.

I think our return game could be dealt with within the organization. Yes Moore is the best returner we had for a while, but I think if Ike Taylor becomes that, he would excell in that area. He is fast and has great vision and everytime he returned kicks, he always got us in great field position.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
What I think we will do with our RB situation is the way the Chargers used theirs last season. WP and RM get the majority of the carries and when third down comes, MM comes in and plays running back.

I think our return game could be dealt with within the organization. Yes Moore is the best returner we had for a while, but I think if Ike Taylor becomes that, he would excell in that area. He is fast and has great vision and everytime he returned kicks, he always got us in great field position.
Are you serious?

Ike can't catch a cold much less a football. I don't care if the guy we have returning kicks / punts just fair catches every time. MAYBE kicks, but no way in hell do I want him returning punts.

I do think it will be solved within the organization... Holmes, Reid, Moore, Bloom, or another guy can fill the void hopefully

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Rashard and Hills ?'s

"Mendenhall has great size and good feet for his size, but he is not an overly strong, tough or physical runner and does not fit the Steelers' mold of smashmouth back. Concerns about his toughness and straight-linish running style concerned a lot of teams and forced him to slide to this spot. " from PFW

Does this mean he's not as cool as we thought? I thought he was tough and physical?

And does anyone know what "Deadfoot" is, with T. Hills? Is that something to be concerned about?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
"Mendenhall has great size and good feet for his size, but he is not an overly strong, tough or physical runner and does not fit the Steelers' mold of smashmouth back. Concerns about his toughness and straight-linish running style concerned a lot of teams and forced him to slide to this spot. " from PFW

Does this mean he's not as cool as we thought? I thought he was tough and physical?

And does anyone know what "Deadfoot" is, with T. Hills? Is that something to be concerned about?
with hills he suffered the injury in HS i believe, where he couldnt feel his foot... nerve damage after breaking a bone or something to that effect... not everyone comes back from "deadfood", but he has, his foot is 100%, and is nothing to be concerned about

itll be interesting to see how mendenhall plays, i have heard those knocks on him before.. but nothing matters until gameday

Old 05-16-2008, 03:47 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he turns out to be another Dookie ohhh man I will be uber pissed
Old 05-17-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, here's something random but it happened in the offseason so I put it in the offseason thread:

So I'm at S-Bar on the south side thursday night and Jeff Reed was there surrounded by the usual assortment of money following whores, but as I'm walking through the crowd an arm passes over my head handing out drinks, I turn around and it's Matt Spaeth. Now I'm 6'6" 238 - and this dude's passing drinks over my head like it's nothin! They have him listed at 6'7" 270 on the roster but I think he's gotta be at least 6'8" and more likely 6'9". Dude made me feel like a midget and that sh!t just don't happen!

Like I said, this was random info..
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

thats cool though i wish i lived in pittsburgh so i could get some encounters like that

Old 05-18-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a pretty sweet story. I run into PSU players all the time since i live near State College. I remember running into Justin King and Lydell Sargeant after a PSU game last year. It was pretty cool.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I actually live on the south side slopes so I can look out my window and see the south side practice facility and if I time it right, coming home just before rush hour, I usually pass a bunch of them coming across the bridge. The other day I actually was sitting in trafic and happened to look up and I saw the ugliest Caddilac Escalade I'd ever seen - no rims no tint - just a stock Escalade that was a horrendous "teal blue" and as I thought to myself who the F would ever drive a car that color I looked up and it was Ben! For a brief moment I was actually embarrassed to be a fan - a very brief moment cause then I remembered he helped win us a SB so i figured I could look past his poor taste. Hopefully it was just a loaner or something.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Ah no. Ben. What are you doing man? I guess thats better than a motorcycle though.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"It's overwhelming to think about this sometimes, but at the same time this is what I wanted my whole life," he says as he looks at the television. "If the opportunity presents itself and I catch Peyton Manning with his arm still in the air ready to **** back and throw, I'm going to unload on him. Same goes for Tom Brady and all those guys. They're going to be out there trying to torch whatever team I'm playing on, so if I catch 'em, I'm going to hit 'em. I'm going to hit them as hard as I can and let them know that I'm there."

That made me smile. That is a quote from Bruce Davis, our third round pick. OH man am I excited.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Some predictions I have for some of our players are this:

Willie Parker- 1175 yards and 6 td
Rashard Mendenhall- 502 yards and 4 td
Santonio Holmes- 75 catches 1100 yards and 10 tds
Limas Sweed- 40 catches 600 yards and 4 tds

LaMarr Woodley- 12 sacks
James Harrison- 10 sacks, 6 ff
Bruce Davis- 6 sacks off the bench
Troy Polamalu- 80 tackles 2 sacks 5 int
Old 05-19-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

Quote:
Some predictions I have for some of our players are this:

Willie Parker- 1175 yards and 6 td
Rashard Mendenhall- 502 yards and 4 td
Santonio Holmes- 75 catches 1100 yards and 10 tds
Limas Sweed- 40 catches 600 yards and 4 tds

LaMarr Woodley- 12 sacks
James Harrison- 10 sacks, 6 ff
Bruce Davis- 6 sacks off the bench
Troy Polamalu- 80 tackles 2 sacks 5 int

I think we'll have more rushing TD's than that. A goal for our coaches this year has to be more rushing TD's? Especially with Rashard and Limas in the mix, I think we'll throw a lot of teams off!
Our redzone offense should be pretty impressive this year!

and I love the Bruce Davis quote...reminds me of Greg Lloyd!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"It's overwhelming to think about this sometimes, but at the same time this is what I wanted my whole life," he says as he looks at the television. "If the opportunity presents itself and I catch Peyton Manning with his arm still in the air ready to **** back and throw, I'm going to unload on him. Same goes for Tom Brady and all those guys. They're going to be out there trying to torch whatever team I'm playing on, so if I catch 'em, I'm going to hit 'em. I'm going to hit them as hard as I can and let them know that I'm there."

That made me smile. That is a quote from Bruce Davis, our third round pick. OH man am I excited.
Joey Porter 2.0

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:25 AM    (permalink
cjw225

Default looking at players ---cheapjordanswholesale

I am looking at players that could be good in free agency. I read that Damien Woody would test the free agent market. He is a guy I would like to look at, only if he takes a small two year, bout maybe 4 million contract. He could be a stop gap for Faneca. He is the same age as him too.

http://www.cheapjordanswholesale.com