Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC West Division Forum

NFC West Division Forum Discuss the NFC West

Old 08-04-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default All NFC West Team

I thought this would be fun so let's do it. We will go through each position and vote on who the starter and back-up should be. First up is QB

Starter: Matt Hasselbeck
Back-up: Marc Bulger
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Starter: Matt Hasselbeck
Back-up: Marc Bulger
Agree with that.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't argue there

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think there would be any argument here so time to move on to running back.

QB: Starter - Matt Hasselbeck, Back Up - Marc Bulger

My vote for running back

Starter - Frank Gore
Back Up - Steven Jackson
Old 08-09-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starter - Jackson
Back Up - Gore

Old 08-17-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starter - Gore
Back-up - Jackson

Only because Jackson didn't do anything last year, and I don't know how good he'll be this year

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Gore is not on SJax's level

Old 08-18-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Gore is not on SJax's level
Really? Let's look at the numbers through their first three seasons

Gore (32 starts)
699 carries
3405 yards
4.9 yards per carry
16 touchdowns
129 receptions
1052 yards
8.2 yards per catch
2 touchdowns

Jackson (34 starts)
734 carries
3247 yards
4.2 yards per carry
25 touchdowns
152 receptions
1315 yards
8.7 yards per catch
5 touchdowns

Per start numbers

Gore- 139 yards from scrimmage (106 rush, 33 receiving), .56 TD per game

Jackson- 134 yards from scrimmage (96 rush, 38 receiving), .89 TD per game

Who has had the better offensive line? Who has had the Pro Bowl quarterback throwing him the ball? Who has had possibly two future Hall of Fame receivers to stretch the field and open up running lanes?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Who has had the better offensive line? Who has had the Pro Bowl quarterback throwing him the ball? Who has had possibly two future Hall of Fame receivers to stretch the field and open up running lanes?
Who broke a CB's arm when he tried to tackle him? (Couldn't resist)

Gore and Jackson are pretty much the same back, physical bruisers who are going to run you over if you get in their way. Jackson has traditionally been a better receiver out of the backfield, but that could be attributed to having Holt and Bruce drawing out the defense.

I go with Gore really for two reasons, his team was more successful and it is more painful to watch Gore run against the Seahawks recently.

Plus, Josh Brown defected to the Rams, yet another point against him (not really)

Old 08-20-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

what ever to WR's

this one is easy

Fitz & Q

Old 08-20-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Starters- Boldin and Holt (the two all-time receiving yards per game leaders)
Reserve- Fitzgerald, Arnaz Battle (I think he would make a great WR with those 3 in front of him)
Old 08-20-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

If we were going by career you could put Holt about Fitz, but most certainly not right now, i would say he has a hard time making a top 10 list while Fitz could very well be top 5

Battle as the 4th is fine with me, always liked the guy

Old 08-20-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I think that with Hasselbeck at QB Holt would be just a little better than Fitz for at least a couple of years. If I was building a young team I would take Fitzgerald but for a current, one season team I like Holt a little more
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I think that with Hasselbeck at QB Holt would be just a little better than Fitz for at least a couple of years. If I was building a young team I would take Fitzgerald but for a current, one season team I like Holt a little more
you voted bulger over warner and leinart, yet the QB is the problem?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
you voted bulger over warner and leinart, yet the QB is the problem?
In retrospect I would actually rather have Warner as the back-up. I am starting to think Bulger is too shell-shocked to be a good QB anymore
Old 08-23-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

My starters at WR would be Holt and Boldin

Reserve: Fitzgerald and Engram

I've always liked Boldin more than Fitzgerald, and Holt is still a Top 5 WR IMO. I'd love to have him on the Seahawks.

I put Engram as my second reserve because he is consistent, unlike Battle, and especially last year put up numbers worthy of a #1 WR.

As for Bulger Vs. Warner, I think that Bulger is still the second best QB in the NFC West. If Warner was that good he would have won the job from Matt Leinart by now or gone somewhere else and got a starting job.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starters - Fitzgerald and Boldin
Reserves - Holt and whoever

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

QB - Starter - Matt Hasselbeck - Reserve - Marc Bulger
RB - Starter - Steven Jackson - Reserve - Frank Gore
WR - Starters - Anquan Boldin & Larry Fitzgerald/Torry Holt - Reserve - Arnaz Battle

on to TE(ouch)

Starter: Vernon Davis
Reserve: Leonard Pope

Old 08-25-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Starter: Vernon Davis
Reserve: Pope I guess
Old 02-03-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
NIMV
Rookie

NIMV hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 2008 All West Team

QB Kurt Warner ARZ
RB Steven Jackson STL
RB Frank Gore SF
WR Larry Fitzgerlad ARZ
LT Walter Jones SEA
LG Deuce Lutui ARZ
C Eric Heitmann SF
RG Chilo Rachal SF
RT Mike Gandy ARZ
TE John Carlson SEA
WR Anquan Boldin ARZ

DE Leonard Little STL
DT Brandon Mebane SEA
UT Darnell Dockett ARZ
DE Justin Smith SF
OLB Karlos Dansby ARZ
MLB Patrick Willis SF
OLB Julian Peterson SEA
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie ARZ
SS Adrian Wilson ARZ
FS Antrell Rolle ARZ
CB Marcus Trufant SEA

K Neil Rackers ARZ
P Donnie Jones STL
KR/PR Josh Wilson SEA

HC: Ken Whisenhunt ARZ
Old 02-08-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMV View Post
QB Kurt Warner ARZ
RB Steven Jackson STL
RB Frank Gore SF
WR Larry Fitzgerlad ARZ
LT Walter Jones SEA
LG Deuce Lutui ARZ
C Eric Heitmann SF
RG Chilo Rachal SF
RT Mike Gandy ARZ
TE John Carlson SEA
WR Anquan Boldin ARZ

DE Leonard Little STL
DT Brandon Mebane SEA
UT Darnell Dockett ARZ
DE Justin Smith SF
OLB Karlos Dansby ARZ
MLB Patrick Willis SF
OLB Julian Peterson SEA
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie ARZ
SS Adrian Wilson ARZ
FS Antrell Rolle ARZ
CB Marcus Trufant SEA

K Neil Rackers ARZ
P Donnie Jones STL
KR/PR Josh Wilson SEA

HC: Ken Whisenhunt ARZ
That's actually a pretty good list.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

if you are going to pick a Cardinals guard make it Wells

Old 02-10-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

TE: Starter - John Carlson Backup - Vernon Davis. Just because I don't like Davis's attitude :P

MLB: Starer - Patrick Willis Backup - Lofa Tatupu. This was a hard one for me because I love Tatupu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Staley as a reserve OT if that's what we are doing.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
DT35
Rookie

DT35 DT35 DT35 DT35 DT35

*No Rookies

QB - Kurt Warner Reserve - Matt Hasselbeck
RB - Steven Jackson Reserve - Frank Gore
FB - Mike Karney Reserve - Moran Norris
WR - Larry Fitzgerald Reserve - Anquan Boldin
WR - TJ Houshmandzadeh Reserve - Deion Branch
TE - John Carlson Reserve - Vernon Davis