Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 08-17-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default vikings game

Ray is good, QB is not settled yet. W/ that Phelps thing that is the loudest I heard a stadium in a while. Any other comments?
Old 08-17-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boring ass game. For having a new coach and a new offense, sure looks alot like what we've seen the past decade. Maybe the offense sucking didnt have anything to do with Billick, maybe it was the players OZZIE chose, its time to get rid of the real reason for our pathetic offensive struggles........FIRE OZZIE NEWSOME!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Boring ass game. For having a new coach and a new offense, sure looks alot like what we've seen the past decade. Maybe the offense sucking didnt have anything to do with Billick, maybe it was the players OZZIE chose, its time to get rid of the real reason for our pathetic offensive struggles........FIRE OZZIE NEWSOME!
AND BRING BACK COACH!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets see how our offense does it was just pre-season. Remember that was against one of the best dline in football, we were missing our starting tackles on a already shaking offensive line. I do agree it was boring as heck, Ferrotte looked like a pro bowl QB, our d didnt impress me.

And also the only QB we brought in post Billick era was Flacco who is a major project. Boller blows, and the fans started to put the franchise on a 5th round pick.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 08-17-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our D was far from dominant in the game. Our run blocking seems to be settling, but obviously we can't keep our QBs upright for ****. I've always been a Troy Smith fan and I think his elusiveness makes him the best candidate for winning us games. Boller has had some moments, but last night he hardly made any big plays and wasn't getting many completions down field. I think we're going to find our identity as a team similar to the Vikings of last year. 2 Quality RBs, a good athlete for a QB, limited receiving options, and stout run D and an always susceptible pass defense.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

QB passing stats

Joe Flacco- 10/15 74 yards 7.4 AVG 0 INT

Kyle Boller- 8/12 40 yards 5.0 AVG 1 INT

Troy Smith 3/5 25 yards 8.33 AVG 1 INT 35 Rushing yards 11.6666667 AVG

Is the KBC going to attack Boller for being conservative the way they attacked McNair?

My thoughts are...

Flacco shouldnt see the field this year, he is a 1-AA QB coming out of a shotgun spread offense, he has so much to learn, he has the physical tools you look for, lets hope he picks up the system and NFL. I didnt get to see him play because I had to get in line for that phelps thing. I think he starts at the end of the year.

Smith still needs to develop, he has mobility and arm strength to be a starter. He was running a lot, but our pass oline sucks including 2 back up tackles. I feel he is the front runner for starter but he isnt the future.I notice he forced a couple of times, one time he nearly killed a WR.

Boller will be Boller, he has a decent game, we start to think he turns the corner then he looks horrible. He just doesnt have it. The starting spot is up between him and Smith IMO.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really think that smith should start, because that o-line cannot pass block and boller turns the ball over too much.

Flacco really is not close to ready. i dont want him even sniffing the field until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Flacco played a bit better..dude can ROCKET a ball.

..yeah that's about all of the positive stuff I have to say.

otherwise, it just seems like nothing has changed on the defense and nothing looks like it's gonna change. If you guys wanna blame anyone, blame Rex Ryan. That boneheaded decision last year in that Patriots game still lingers in my mind, and his defenders looking like dopes when they try and tackle(last night was an example) are two reasons why he is on my **** list. The corners played like garbage too, and Walker needs to get cut ASAP.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what bonehead decision? I assume you are talking about rushing 3 guys on that 4th and 1
Old 08-18-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In reality Boller is going to be the starter. We should be looking at a 3-5 win season.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

thats what I am nervous about, I think we have a shot at the #1 pick, not the best chance but certainly a possibility.

Is the KBC going to attack Boller for being conservative the way they attacked McNair, or is it just blind hatred for McNair?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
thats what I am nervous about, I think we have a shot at the #1 pick, not the best chance but certainly a possibility.

Is the KBC going to attack Boller for being conservative the way they attacked McNair, or is it just blind hatred for McNair?
Im pretty sure I already said all of our QBs are garbage, and that does include Kyle because he is inconsistent. We don't have a good QB on the team, and none of the 3 ever will be any good. Flacco sure can rocket a ball..........20 yards out of bounds on the last play of the ******* game!!!

Basically we need to get the #1 pick and trade that **** for a real QB and a later first pick to select Derrius Heyward-Bey and finally we'll have at least 1 good WR who gets open!!!!

And it really doesn't matter who you start at QB Troy/Kyle/Flacco we're a max 5 wins team, but more likely 1-2 win team.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-18-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Funny Flacco quote props.

I do think if we get #1 pick, we gotta trade back for a true #1 WR and hopefully get a CB
Old 08-18-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I do think if we get #1 pick, we gotta trade back for a true #1 WR and hopefully get a CB
I think there are bigger needs with a top 5 pick than CB. Granted C-mac and especially Samari are getting old but Fabian looks good and there is decent depth. Unless it's Vontae Davis who is a freak I wouldn't go corner. I think a Eugene Monroe would be a great pick, I think people will see this year really just how good he is, he is most definitely better than Branden Albert, but I think he will be a better pro than D'Brickashaw. Of course I'd want DHB though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

well it depends on what he get if we do trade back, trade back to top 12 and get a WR and a late 1st/early 2nd get a CB
Old 08-18-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Its official that we need to move our 1st and more to AZ immediately for Anquan Boldin!!!!!! If we miss this oppurtunity then Ozzie has to go, in fact send Sizzle and a pick for Quan!!!!!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-18-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:

And thank you, hopefully we'll see that one pop up in sigs all over NFLDC!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-18-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its going to be a LONG, EXHAUSTING season gents.........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Its official that we need to move our 1st and more to AZ immediately for Anquan Boldin!!!!!! If we miss this oppurtunity then Ozzie has to go, in fact send Sizzle and a pick for Quan!!!!!!!
I am not sure if a top 5 pick would be worth Quan, he is a beast but I say we go and try to offer a 2nd and a player or a 5th, and the Cards(historically known as not being the smartest org) would buy into it because they know he wont re-sign.

And BigDawg I agree, I assume a lot of it will be talking about how we think our young players will be.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Its going to be a LONG, EXHAUSTING season gents.........
yeah but im gonna lie to my self a little longer. thank god all the people around me are 49er fans and raider fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote