Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-03-2008, 04:29 AM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Get Jason Taylor

Complete the line, truly rival the purple people-eaters.

Trade next year's appropriate draft picks to Miami for Jason Taylor.

I'm not sure what Parcells would take, and if he makes the trade next year's first is really late, but throw in some more picks. 1st and a 4th, whatever.

Taylor has just enough motivation and time left with a team like the Vikings.

Why not try to win the Super Bowl now like the Giants did with the D-Line (and the NFC playoff factor)? The division is vacated, Indy looks great but stood pat, New England is lacking Samuel now, etc.

Pat or Kevin would get a double, and ALL THREE other Pro-Bowlers would get singled up at least by true offensive linemen. That might be the best line ever and would really move us closer to being the best defense (before counting TDs).

I like Edwards and Robison but like the DT in KC, they just take the place that belongs to someone like Dorsey or Taylor.

At the very least this would pretty much clinch going 6-0 in the division and a playoff berth, even if we didn't dominate otherwise. Isn't that worth picks? We aren't rebuilding.

The other teams in our division have moved backward and we can move forward even more, though a young crew is indeed important.

Last edited by singe_101 : 05-03-2008 at 04:33 AM.
singe_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
SMoore
Rookie

SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SMoore hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Trading a first round pick would be a little too much IMO
yea he would help but for two years and at a high price
i don't really think we need him i'm happy with our defense i'd rather keep those picks to get more weapons on offense next year
SMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we did that i would throw up. We already have a RE, and i am more than happy with Rey Edwards leading a commity of Jayme Mitchell, Brian Robinson and Erasmus James.
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, if we trade our first rounder for anyone, i think they should explore the chance of getting anquan(sp?) boldin
Old 05-04-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I would love Boldin I really doubt the Cards trade him and if they do it will cost about 3 1sts.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe_101 View Post
The division is vacated, Indy looks great but stood pat, New England is lacking Samuel now, etc.
Vikings are in the NFC not the AFC so instead of talking about the Pats and Colts you should be talking about the Cowboys, Giants, Packers etc.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not even a Vikes fan, but Robison is going to do very well being a situational pass rusher, I wanted him as a OLB in the 3-4 but in passing situations he will get after the QB, I expect him to put up 4-5 sacks because he won't be getting the bulk of attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Vikings are in the NFC not the AFC so instead of talking about the Pats and Colts you should be talking about the Cowboys, Giants, Packers etc.
Don't you mean the bears, packers and lions?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Don't you mean the bears, packers and lions?
no, He was talking about having to go through the Colts and Patriots in the playoffs but they are in the AFC. I was naming NFC contenders that the Vikings would have to go through.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it was a 2nd, we should do it. However, I don't think Parcells would take a 2nd for such a high caliber player such as Taylor. He was looking for a first rounder during the draft.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
As much as I would love Boldin I really doubt the Cards trade him and if they do it will cost about 3 1sts.
i just meant it as if we were to look at trading our first for any player that is rumored to be on the trading block. i dont think there is any chance boldin gets away from arizona. there is no way i'd give a first for a player that wont be around for any more that two to three years. for taylor maybe i'd look at 2009's third and 2010's fifth
Old 05-04-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can get Taylor for a 3rd and future 5th I really think we should do it. The line would be by far the best in the NFL and would make our defense elite. I am happy with the line now but just the idea of getting 4 guys who are some of the very best at their positions is too much to pass up.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Giants didn't go through the Patriots... okay...

I'm not that worried about the NFC, with Allen and Taylor this D would be better than the Giants and Cowboys. The offense would have that rushing and a boost from Berrian, plus takeaways and D scores. The team would have to play well but that's true for any team. If both the Vikings and an NFC opponent played well, the Vikings could win. That might not be true for the Colts and Patriots, who dominate. Who knows if the Vikes show up, but they're fixing weaknesses. This defense used to be awful and then the offense was but it's better, we saw a lot of 20+ games this year for a change.

I don't know if this team will be really good but it's not low on talent. Maybe it's a 2006 Steelers and high predictions weren't wrong in August but they just sputter.

But even with some decline, they run for 2000 yards, have 4 defensive TDs, and Allen gets 9 sacks, etc.

I'm not worried about the RE spot, but it isn't incredible. Robison and Edwards are not even close to Jason Taylor.

Last edited by singe_101 : 05-13-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. Let's give Robison and Edwards another year. Be realistic people. This isn't Madden.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
This isn't Madden.
ha. no kidding.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
No. Let's give Robison and Edwards another year. Be realistic people. This isn't Madden.
Sometimes it is, a healthy Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. Even if Randy had gimped to 800 yards and 6 TDs that's a steal.

Oh and have you seen AD? Madden moves in real life.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe_101 View Post
Sometimes it is, a healthy Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. Even if Randy had gimped to 800 yards and 6 TDs that's a steal.

Oh and have you seen AD? Madden moves in real life.
They got Randy Moss for a 4th because some experts thought Randy Moss was past his Prime and He couldnt put up the numbers he use too which I thought was ridiculous because it was obvious that he didn't like his Situation.

Which Jason Taylor does not fit in that category.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

Taylor doesn't fit, that's why I didn't say "offer a 4th" and those that do are low-balling and ridiculous, it would be crazy for Parcells to accept.

You can't argue that Jason Taylor for our 1st is not realistic. It might not be accepted by one side, but it is realistic.

If you could select Jason Taylor in 2008 with a 2009 first-round pick, wouldn't that be better than a 2009 rookie?

On the other hand, Miami is looking at 2011 so why not get a young starter who will be ready by then, a foot soldier to take orders and be under a small contract? Jason Taylor is not the difference between playoffs or mediocrity for them this year, they're BAD. He also hasn't said anything wrong and brings it every game but is not comfortable and points it out for this awful team.

With a good team I don't see him slowing down and he should be great in 2011 but for Miami he'd probably retire by then to entertain and they get nothing.

With Brown they'll be better but give them a five-game improvement and they're 6-10.

Last edited by singe_101 : 05-24-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who needs Jason Taylor when we've got Ray Edwards, who's aiming for the single season sack record?

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S454606.shtml?cat=7
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Who needs Jason Taylor when we've got Ray Edwards, who's aiming for the single season sack record?

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S454606.shtml?cat=7
Well if he is sitting on the Line with Pat and Kevin and Jared well one of those guys is probably going to get doubled up and that leaves Ray one on one so if he can beat the OT or OG or even FB then he could get 6-10 sacks but Sack Record I wouldnt think so. Thats a huge thing for a 2 year vet.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ray has a excellent shot to get double digit sacks this year but I don't see him anywhere near the record. However I think Jared Allen could actually have a shot at it.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

How about 16 games, Ray, before 16 sacks?

Ray has never had 2 sacks in a game, and he plus Allen had 20.5 last year which is 2 below the record, and 1 discounting Favre's effort. So even together they might not break it this year.

But this is just against stats, Ray is a good DE and very good from where he was drafted, he's in the top range of 4th rd, 30th pick talent. But he is not a Pro-Bowl guy unless he completely overhauls his game.

Last edited by singe_101 : 05-26-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
james_429

The team would have to play well but that's true for any team. If both the Vikings and an NFC opponent played well, the Vikings could win. That might not be true for the Colts and Patriots, who dominate.
=========================================
james
Minnesota Drug Treatment