Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 08-17-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default What will it take to keep Kiffin around?

So we spent quite a bit of the offseason reading about the rift between Davis and Kiffin. We know Kiffin had a disappointing record in his debut with us, but he's back for another year. We know the players are behind him, even if Al may not be. We know Al wants to win first and foremost, a common goal between all involved parties (as goes without saying).

Most people seem to agree that we are poised to have our best season since 2002. We made some great moves in the offseason; Al was aggressive (a bit too much so perhaps . . . ) and we didn't have to deal with hold-outs or anything. We had a good camp, although Kiffin expressed that he wished it could continue as he wasn't completely satisfied with the results. Our first team unit has looked solid so far in the preseason. Many of the holes from last year's team have been filled, and many of our younger players have shown signs of improvement. Overall, things are looking up for the Raiders.

The question is, how many wins does Kiffin need to secure a future with Oakland (one more year, two more years, ten more years, it's all the same)?

I really want to see him back here next year, but I'm not sure whether Davis shares my feelings on the matter. Do you guys think seven wins will do it? Fewer than that and the chances are pretty slim. I'm not sure how stingy Davis will be, but if we can manage 8-8 then I expect he will bring Lane back. Is that wishful thinking?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

8-8 sounds reasonable to me.7-9 Im hoping will keep Kiffin around but Im not so sure.6-10 and I think he gets fired.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for 6-8 wins from the Raiders this season, hopefully that will be enough to keep Kiffin around.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything less than 6 wins and he's gone without a doubt .
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Al Davis not to fire Lane, Lane Kiffin needs to win 2 superbowls in 1 year in order to keep his job.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:52 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say either 6-10 or more. Or if we finish strong he might be able to stay. I think if Russell can live up to some of his potenial this year, we will be 8-8

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, it's been around a year and a half since I made my last post. I think if Lane Kiffen goes 5-11 or 6-10 he'll be fired. Al Davis is looking for someone to bring immediate success to the team and you can't do that over one or two seasons. I think if Kiffen can get the Raiders to a respectable 7-9 or 8-8 his job is safe. I really like him alot he's changed the locker room for the better, he weeded out all the sour apples out of the bunch and showed improved this past season. I'm really looking forward to see what he brings us this season.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote